• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I played pretty much mono-Birdie - he's got tons of overlap from Kuma's SFxT design.
Really wanted to use him but never unlocked for me. Don't see many people using him. Lots of Nash and Ryu.
LOL I was so pissed, playing super late at night is probably not for the best xD oh well

You did well after that even if it was late.
Scrubbing it hard over here compared.
Real real hard.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Weren't you guys complaining about SF4 having slow walk speeds a few months ago?

I'm confused.
Give it a few months and people may even begin factoring in other things like the increased prevalence of soft knockdowns in the game's overall speed!

Shouta

I don't recall anyone complaining about walk speeds. But on that note, I wish they had bumped Hawk's walk speed a little more in exchange for nerfing Condor Spire.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't recall anyone complaining about walk speeds. But on that note, I wish they had bumped Hawk's walk speed a little more in exchange for nerfing Condor Spire.
Walk speeds is probably the most complained about thing in SFV, right after "it looks like SFIV." Definitely a lot of it on GAF.

notworksafe

All I know is 98% of the people I played in SF5 sucked. Which lead to me getting blown up first round a few times when I did play someone that knew wtf they were doing because I got lazy

Judging by this board it was probably full of people who only care about SF cause it's a Sony exclusive, not because they actually enjoy fighters.

DunpealD

Right now I find it far too early to judge.

Expo hands on are really short, lacking the time to explore. I'll hold my judgement until maybe the final beta, if it is treated as location test.
Also Combofiend said it multiple times that the beta was mainly for network testing and it was also and an really old build. On top of that, the player pool was highly variable and the character selection was 6 characters only.

Walk speed seemed fine to me for Nash. Even though he isn't the fastest his HP sonic boom gave me enough cover to go for a throw. His command normals had a lot of range rivaling Chun Li, sans speed.
His V-Skill is quite good too it's fast, is pretty safe on block, good range and knocks down as an anti-air leaving Nash more time to go on offense in a trade.
According to toolassisted framedata his moonsault is positive on block, while his mk sonic scythe that has a lot of range too and is safe on block at max distance.

Ryus stubby normals and slower walkspeed seem bad at first, but in exchange for that he has a strong V-Skill that rewards reads and fast dashes to cover distance quick.

Throw range seems to be really short, but that might be exactly what they want. Maybe increasing the back throw range could become interesting.

I'll agree with Shouta in terms of gameplay. I like what I have played in the beta so far.

Has Capcom said anything to suggest that we'll actually get more playable characters in the next beta? It's kind of a running assumption, but I haven't seen a quote for it so far.

notworksafe

Everyone's just assuming we'll get a new build in the future. They wouldn't make a different branch of a build they were working on specifically to exclude characters. That'd be a huge waste of time and resour---oh it is Capcom, so who knows?

Everyone's just assuming we'll get a new build in the future. They wouldn't make a different branch of a build they were working on specifically to exclude characters. That'd be a huge waste of time and resour---oh it is Capcom, so who knows?

isnt the one w/ PC going to be the most up to date

There will be a new build in the future unless you are assuming that the current one already has cross platform play functionality built in.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";177487799]I also want faster dashes.[/QUOTE]

Character specific as well. not everyone should have a fast dash

Beckx

Per Capcom UK, Haggar is 72 years old today.

CN_pCLUWUAAymGV.jpg

#PutRealAgeHaggarInSFV

Like, he'd be the new Gen old man character, except he's a grappler with a pipe.

Numb

Per Capcom UK, Haggar is 72 years old today.

CN_pCLUWUAAymGV.jpg

#PutRealAgeHaggarInSFV

Like, he'd be the new Gen old man character, except he's a grappler with a pipe.

Isn't Vince like 70?
Haggar would still look buff and ready somehow.

Crocodile

Over 4k posts in dedicated threads about Rainbow Mika

Almost 1k posts on Hot Ryu

..........DAMN!

If they could make it with Xrd quality GFX it would be really popular I think.

I think just HD graphics and higher quality hand drawn sprites would do wonders. Like KOF XIII quality or if you're going for a purely drawn aesthetic, SG quality. It just has no awareness outside the FGC and looks like a turd to most casual consumers. Given that the developers were mostly doing the game on the side though I guess it would be hard to expect better (plus I'm sure they would have to scrap nearly all the art they already had if they wanted to go HD and whatnot).

Yata's not going anywhere.

Unless Capcom or Namco can create a new IP (which so far they haven't seemed willing to do) nothing will change as far as big name fighting games. Other devs don't have the experience or the marketing budget.

DunpealD

While we are talking about dedicated SFV threads...
Since the beta is over anybody want to help create a topic to discuss/suggest gameplay features for SFV?
Also might as well already compile a list of requests in here to pin it on the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom