• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a fighting game but I'm mostly enjoying Bayonetta 2. Loki sucks as do the flying sequences and the load times to get to the inventory screen are atrocious but combat is still fun. Why do people like this more than the first Bayonetta?
I think Bayonetta has better flow and weapon choices, but Bayonetta 2 has no flawed sections or QTEs. It's an improvement in that sense. Bayonetta 2 also has ridiculously intense boss fights that just keep taking it to the next level. I was surprised to see them step that up from Bayonetta 1.

shaowebb

http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

Yo! Arcana Heart is about to start its top 3. Get in here. Might see some cool shit if its anything like last time. Goes up after Persona ends.

• Homing dashes
  • dash cancels on most everything
  • the ability to equip a whole character's worth of passive abilities, specials, supers on any character
  • every arcana also giving you different "xfactor" perks
  • roster full of characters with so many character unique gimmicks it feels like Blaz Blue's shenanigans...seriously. Everything from jojo stands to polymar cancels, to someone with ridiculous zoning that had to have its own meter

Good shit.

2lLQ7dB.gif

Bayo 2 definitely falls short of the Jubelius fight and final of 1 when it comes to the climax. The Lumen Sage fights are nice though, the best moments of the game which only make the final boss look worse by comparison.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Bayonetta 2. Platinum Games. October 24, 2014. Video game.

I feel that the flying sequences (and ones like the surfing segment, which is like the flying sequences, but worse) are very flawed. These sequences force the player to play in a very restricted way, not just in terms of movement but in terms of combat.

http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

Yo! Arcana Heart is about to start its top 3. Get in here. Might see some cool shit if its anything like last time. Goes up after Persona ends.

• Homing dashes
  • dash cancels on most everything
  • the ability to equip a whole character's worth of passive abilities, specials, supers on any character
  • every arcana also giving you different "xfactor" perks
  • roster full of characters with so many character unique gimmicks it feels like Blaz Blue's shenanigans...seriously. Everything from jojo stands to polymar cancels, to someone with ridiculous zoning that had to have its own meter

Good shit.

It's UNIEL. Not complaining because I love that too, but Arcana Heart is nowhere to be seen yet :p

El Sloth

Banned
If Arcana is on then it'd be on www.twitch.tv/jyosua not ceogaming.

Unfortunately I'm lacking time to seek freelancing work right now. I might do it on my own blog in both english and french. If it happens I'll post it here. What games are you interested to read about?
I see, that'd be cool if you do. I would be really interested in just seeing more of your breakdowns of Guilty Gear characters and comparisons between their old versions vs their Xrd versions. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the new characters like Bedman and Ramlethal especially and how you think they measure up against the established GG characters.

Really, whatever inspires the most passion in you to write about; I think those would be the most interesting to read about.

jbug617

Banned
http://personacentral.com/atlus-is-considering-a-persona-4-arena-ultimax-update-for-home-consoles/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV7xvMbldKo

During the Toshin Festival 2015 fighting game tournament (or “Toushinsai 2015”), Persona 4 Arena Ultimax director Kazuhisa Wada addressed the possibility of an updated version of the game released for home consoles.

Wada, who was one of the commentators for the tournament, had the following to say about the release for the newest version of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax on consoles:

We are thinking about [bringing] the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax update to home consoles.

NEO0MJ

Bayo 2 definitely falls short of the Jubelius fight and final of 1 when it comes to the climax. The Lumen Sage fights are nice though, the best moments of the game which only make the final boss look worse by comparison.

While the final of Bayo 2 was kinda disappointing, I don't think fighting a stage like in 1 is much better after the first time.

And the lumen sage was a great rival. Much more fun to fight IMO than Jeanne, good as she was.

And while we're talking about Platinum, how's everyone's opinion on Transformers Devastation? I rather enjoyed it, one of the better games of the year.

ShinMaruku

I would be on a side n the Marvel thing if not for they tried to make a crowd fund them extra money to win that they thought was garenteed and Kane blew them up and then all the salt came out. I find both sides kinda funny and irrelivant in a waning game. I bet if it was more healthy we'd not be getting this much silliness as Champ would have many targets.

Shouta

Champ's right though. You can't make a grand proclamation that Marvel isn't dead on your EVO win and proceed to duck out.

Though Kane would get destroyed in an exhibition with Champ and with how alot of the community is, he'd get a ton of shit for it. It's a lose-lose.

Except KBR didn't duck. He couldn't register in time and he's not gonna make a TO give him exceptions and try to sneak in at the last minute. I talked to KBR in August, his plan was to attend SCR and compete before going home. So the only reason he wouldn't is because he couldn't.

Except KBR didn't duck. He couldn't register in time and he's not gonna make a TO give him exceptions and try to sneak in at the last minute. I talked to KBR in August, his plan was to attend SCR and compete before going home. So the only reason he wouldn't is because he couldn't.

Ah didn't know that. Surprised he couldn't pull a last minute top player privilege registration like Chris and Fanatiq have done in the past.

Shouta

Ah didn't know that. Surprised he couldn't pull a last minute top player registration like Chris and Fanatiq have done in the past.

Well, he probably could have but like I said, he probably didn't want to put the TO in a spot. He made it down Friday night to cheer on Takumi, from what folks have said, which was probably way after registration closed for games.

shaowebb

Sushi's Clarice was pretty fun to watch. I should look him up whenever I get the game on Steam.
Agreed. I loved the two sets vs Greats' Dorothy. Found out from the stream jump B from Dorothy has reflect. That kind of fucks with my "choose water" arcana plan to create interference with air mobility and to gain chip immunity. The orbs would never do anything do to her stuff. I dunno what to pick for her there...Maybe Lightning or Earth? Earth would be neat with the guard cancels and giant space eating boulders. Plus it has the GTFO Fist to clear the runway vs her jump in.

If Arcana is on then it'd be on www.twitch.tv/jyosua not ceogaming.

I see, that'd be cool if you do. I would be really interested in just seeing more of your breakdowns of Guilty Gear characters and comparisons between their old versions vs their Xrd versions. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the new characters like Bedman and Ramlethal especially and how you think they measure up against the established GG characters.

Really, whatever inspires the most passion in you to write about; I think those would be the most interesting to read about.

You might want to read this message I posted along the other ones. I explained back then how I feel the new Guilty Gear characters are great in concept but poorly executed. I also made a post about why Arc went for this redesign. Personal opinion of course and these posts are from before Revelator so it's missing some characters.

Village

hey question , has anyone said anything about kof14 since its reveal? Like any info... anything.

Everyone just said it looked like a buttcheek, and... that was sort of it.

shaowebb

Nope, nothing since.

This may be a good thing. Maybe they heard folks and are goin back for awhile to fix things up a good bit before showing anything more. Currently it'd do more for the game to polish the graphics heavily before showing gameplay. Its pretty glaring...like a 1st year 360 title.

hey question , has anyone said anything about kof14 since its reveal? Like any info... anything.

Everyone just said it looked like a buttcheek, and... that was sort of it.

Some insiders said the game was looking better than what we saw. But one of the insiders works for Sony and the other predicted KOF13 netcode was going to be godlike so...

Edit: damn Dogura plays V13 and Jin now? He dropped Azrael?

shaowebb

Oh God Nu mirror Finals?
Man this game and these characters. Lambda,Mu, Nu...hell I'm not even used to Nu. How'd she come about? She looks like Lambda.

Edit: damn Dogura plays V13 and Jin now? He dropped Azrael?
https://youtu.be/sGh4ZU4H5Hk

Lambda,Mu, Nu...hell I'm not even used to Nu. How'd she come about? She looks like Lambda.
Nu was the original character in CT. Replaced by Lambda in later versions of the game with a kind of a different move set? In turn was replaced by returning Nu in an even later version of the game with a merged moveset of the two via stance switching. In the latest version of the game they got split up again into two separate characters. At least some of this has to do with plot/story reasons I think.

Edit3: were additional colors not unlocked? Really missing out on those joke/reference character colors.

shaowebb

https://youtu.be/sGh4ZU4H5Hk

Nu was the original character in CT. Replaced by Lambda in later versions of the game with a kind of a different move set? In turn was replaced by returning Nu in an even later version of the game with a merged moveset of the two via stance switching. In the latest version of the game they got split up again into two separate characters. At least some of this has to do with plot/story reasons I think.

Edit3: were additional colors not unlocked? Really missing out on those joke/reference character colors.

Blaz Blue...Plot...*head explode*

God someday I'll need to sit through the hour of stuff on Continuum Shift extend to play catchup and then work my way on thru. Heaven help me if I need anything from the Xblaze games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom