• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nu-13 is awesome but I can't play her for shit haha she's a lot harder to play than she looks since you need basically dhalsim mentally on speed and a solid defensive game when someone gets in on you.

I dunno Nu zoning seems very aggressive. Most of the combos seem to work around half screen distance and its about punishing the opponents attempts to advance or frustrating them into making mistakes if they try to turtle up.

Well different from SF zoning, because Nu can convert to full combos from that distance.

shaowebb

I always wonder when I see folks like Nu-13 in Blaz Blue and Hilda in Under Night what these games would be like if F Champ picked them up. He does love him some insanely large waves of attacks in front of himself. I really think he'd click hard with Hilda.

Numb

I dunno Nu zoning seems very aggressive. Most of the combos seem to work around half screen distance and its about punishing the opponents attempts to advance or frustrating them into making mistakes if they try to turtle up.

Well different from SF zoning, because Nu can convert to full combos from that distance.
Her zoning does seem different from your regular ones so thats why it caught my attention. Everything seems crazy ridicilous and burst is an even greater tool for her than other since it starts it again. Try to play Hilda in UNIEL but getting less advancement with Nu-13.

I always wonder when I see folks like Nu-13 in Blaz Blue and Hilda in Under Night what these games would be like if F Champ picked them up. He does love him some insanely large waves of attacks in front of himself. I really think he'd click hard with Hilda.

Champ busy with Rising Thunder.
Don't even know if he cares about anime fighters.

Azure J

Man I missed a lot in fighting games lately. Dizzy won the Xrd poll? Cool. Nice to see Baiken make a solid third place too. Also yay catching the last round of CEOtaku. :lol

pizzacat

Banned
I'm trying to hit abels mk shenanigans but it's much harder than I thought, I can't even get the dash some times, any suggestions?

Forget what I said on the dash in getting it now

gutabo

I don't agree at all with what champ is saying. Nico couldn't get in time for the tournament and after some serious sleep he was very open to casuals.

Marz

The thing with KBR is he basically called out all the U.S. players with his little "Marvel isnt the U.S.' game anymore" speech.

Then doesnt back it up at the next big major and wont accept challenges.

He had a nice run at Evo and now hes walking around like hes the Marvel Messiah or something when we all know hes probably not even top 5 in the world.

gutabo

You read my post? He was late for registration and he was open to casuals on saturday, after getting 16 hours of sleep.

Also he's not acting like anything, just listen to what he says/posts.

EDIT: CurlyW got my back(and everytime I'm on GAF my 3yo son asks "where's wall-e's picture?").

Shouta

The thing with KBR is he basically called out all the U.S. players with his little "Marvel isnt the U.S.' game anymore" speech.

He had a nice run at Evo and now hes walking around like hes the Marvel Messiah or something when we all know hes probably not even top 5 in the world.

That's not what he said. You should probably actually go look up what he said.

Marz

He said its not americas game anymore its everybodys its for the world blah blah blah.

But if you dont think Champ and a lot of U.S. players took exception youre tripping.

Why are people playing into filipino champ's attempt to make himself relevant again?

Shit like this makes me happy Marvel is dead. Community has never been better.

I think that the Alpha sprite looks the best, but this is a grade above SFIV.

Yeah, I think most if not all the characters look better compared to the 4 versions.

I think there are two reveals left, correct?

I remember reading there's supposed to be 3 boss characters or something like that. I'm not sure how that works into the playable cast list unless they aren't actually playable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I think most if not all the characters look better compared to the 4 versions.

I think there are two reveals left, correct?

I remember reading there's supposed to be 3 boss characters or something like that. I'm not sure how that works into the playable cast list unless they aren't actually playable.
Where did this originate from?

Marz

So which is it? Did KBR "call out all the U.S. players" or are all the U.S. players dumb and overly sensitive?

He called out the U.S. players in a subtle way.

You can perceive it however you want but now Champ is going to destroy him at every U.S. tournament they're both in attendance at....of course provided hes not "tired".

Marz

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/655913033999470592

So CEOtaku will be back next year in some capacity. Now that the first year is over, I actually think they should invite Smash and SFV/SFIV next year, and just keep the focus on anime games. No (more) reasons to keep other potential attendees away just to prove a point.

Yea but what if Smash and Street Fighter dwarf the entrants of the other games? Do you put them in the primetime stream slot?

Shouta

He said its not americas game anymore its everybodys its for the world blah blah blah.

But if you dont think Champ and a lot of U.S. players took exception youre tripping.

Yeah, but it's not a dig at any player's skill. It's a game everyone can enjoy. Remember, the narrative for awhile has been that Marvel was a dead game and with the energy Marvel had this year, it felt pretty damn good.

If folks want to be salty about it then whatever but KBR doesn't need to answer it. He didn't compete at SCR because he couldn't as gutabo and I have stated. So he's not ducking folks and doing a $1000 dollar money match would be a stupid move for him. He's not in a financial situation to be tossing that kind of money even after winning Evo. He recognizes that and isn't going to risk his future plans.

I don't think KBR would duck Champ. Is KBR going back to Japan?

No, he's back home in Chile until next year probably.

Anne

He called out the U.S. players in a subtle way.

You can perceive it however you want but now Champ is going to destroy him at every U.S. tournament they're both in attendance at....of course provided hes not "tired".

This feels so WWE. I don't even like KBR, but y'all need to lay off this type of shit lol

Anne

The FGC can be precisely like the WWE at times lol.

Sometimes. A lot of the time it's just people being people, then stream monsters, reddit, or twitter go extra ham :p

I've already been accused of "ducking" CEOtaku and I'm just some nobody lol

Dahbomb

Why are people playing into filipino champ's attempt to make himself relevant again?

Shit like this makes me happy Marvel is dead. Community has never been better.
I don't understand the bolded. He won the Rising Thunder exhibition tournament and also won the Marvel 3 tournament at SCR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom