• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know SCR came and went already.
He called out the U.S. players in a subtle way.

You can perceive it however you want but now Champ is going to destroy him at every U.S. tournament they're both in attendance at....of course provided hes not "tired".

Catch feelings over a non-american winning in marvel and him being happy about it, breh

Sometimes. A lot of the time it's just people being people, then stream monsters, reddit, or twitter go extra ham :p

I've already been accused of "ducking" CEOtaku and I'm just some nobody lol

awww you're not nobody Anne

and ducking is an awful term to use for that, especially for anime games. It should totally be "upbacking"

Tripon

On the tournament front, next week will have Milan Games Week, Defend the North, The Costa Rican major (which just changed tournaments a couple of weeks ago, WTF), more Topanga A league, a Tekken 7 qualifier in Korea, and Tekken Crash.

lol
Something about the FGC being a branch of the WWE seems really exciting and hilarious.

The problem is that some of the stupider members of the FGC will get so into their own feelings and hype that they think shit is serious. Basically they become who Hogan was talking about:
Hulk Hogan's twitter said:
Goodnight HULKAMANIACS and jabronie marks without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot,marks

Numb

The problem is that some of the stupider members of the FGC will get so into their own feelings and hype that they think shit is serious. Basically they become who Hogan was talking about:
mjlol.png

still the best tweet.
I look forward to when the FGC gets real buff and Poongko takes off his shirt and surprises everyone.
Only dwayne can save us.
Cena will be all over the anime section i bet
TV/Netflix

Watched Mad Men all weekend.
With how the Tekken stream didn't happen this weekend i might join you if the same happens again

Super bummed I most likely miss capcom cup again since my daughter's ballet performance is on the same day.
I was hoping to buy a PS4 fightstick at that event too .

It's on Sat and Sunday. My wife is going Sat with her parents and I am going Sunday with my bro and his kids.
What is worse is that I had an in from an old coworker that now is at Sony.

Rhapsody

Banned
Despite playing a lot of anime fighters, normally I don't tune into a lot of majors with them.

However, CEOtaku was something else. So much hype in top 8. Loved UNIEL and both GGs.
BB was pretty great outside of the JP Nu GFs, but it was still fun.

cj_iwakura

Despite playing a lot of anime fighters, normally I don't tune into a lot of majors with them.

However, CEOtaku was something else. So much hype in top 8. Loved UNIEL and both GGs.
BB was pretty great outside of the JP Nu GFs, but it was still fun.

I'm sad Catherine didn't get more attention, first time on a main stage. Maybe because I wasn't around to retweet it like crazy...

Tripon

then it'll just be a regular CEO tourney tbh

The South East could probably hold two big majors a year.

Yea but what if Smash and Street Fighter dwarf the entrants of the other games? Do you put them in the primetime stream slot?

That happened in the regular CEO and Jabaeily still put the Smash games and attendes in the smaller room with no main stage for Sunday. Just keep expectations in check.

Like do the Japanese even separate games as anime and not anime like we Americans do? I would have liked to see Dogura and Kazunoko play early Sunday in Ultra and end the might in Xrd instead how it usually Xrd in the morning and Ultra to end the night.

CurlyW

The South East could probably hold two big majors a year.

The other one is called Final Round.

That happened in the regular CEO and Jabaeily still put the Smash games and attendes in the smaller room with no main stage for Sunday. Just keep expectations in check.

Because Jebailey asked the Smash community whether they wanted their finals early Sunday in the main room or later on Sunday in the Smash room and they voted for the latter.

Tripon

The other one is called Final Round.

Atlanta is in the South East? I always considered that to be the 'South'.

Because Jebailey asked the Smash community whether they wanted their finals early Sunday in the main room or later on Sunday in the Smash room and they voted for the latter.

I always go back and forth on it, but asking your attendees to basically allow you out of a tough situation of scheduling games on Sunday was the wrong decision, IMO. They're going to vote for what they are used to, which is being shunted to the side in exchange for more 3/5 rounds even when they were the majority of attendees at CEO. But obviously, I never ran a tournament of that size, and I never will, so my opinion doesn't matter much in this regard.

jerry1594

Except KBR didn't duck. He couldn't register in time and he's not gonna make a TO give him exceptions and try to sneak in at the last minute. I talked to KBR in August, his plan was to attend SCR and compete before going home. So the only reason he wouldn't is because he couldn't.
He didn't register because didn't want to spend 70 bucks for late reg, cause he was rusty and tired according to him.

Shun

Few more weeks until BlazBlue Centralfiction 1.0 comes out.

Hoping that they cut more bullshit and make Bullet and Noel better.

From the change data, it seems grim but I'm still hoping...

Dahbomb

The Nairo vs Zero set was pretty hype at MLG. Crowd started to chant "one more stock" when it was close to the end.

The hype was over powering the DOTA 2 GF happening at the same time (I was actually watching that instead) though that GF was actually insane as well.

MLG was good this weekend. NOLA bringing the hype!

Justin still the GOAT.

Shouta

He didn't register because didn't want to spend 70 bucks for late reg, cause he was rusty and tired according to him.

Ah, I see. I guess they offered him the chance? I recall him saying he couldn't make it down in time around before then. 70 bucks is pretty killer for late reg though especially for someone that doesn't have a steady income like him.

Few more weeks until BlazBlue Centralfiction 1.0 comes out.

Hoping that they cut more bullshit and make Bullet and Noel better.

From the change data, it seems grim but I'm still hoping...
Did they loketest it already?

Still no news on Nine...

It would be amazing if I got Dizzy, Nine, and SFV Beta Bison all next year. :-O

Shun

Did they loketest it already?

Still no news on Nine...

It would be amazing if I got Dizzy, Nine, and SFV Beta Bison all next year. :-O

There have been 2 loketest so far already.

Website has been opened since Thursday

http://www.blazblue.jp/cf/

The game will have a definite date soon.

ArcSys should open a radio show for Guilty Gear too or have more frequent overlap between the two series. I need ArcSys to release those Guilty Gear Xrd Sanwa buttons in the BluRaji art...

07-y.jpg

There have been 2 loketest so far already.

Website has been opened since Thursday

http://www.blazblue.jp/cf/

The game will have a definite date soon.

ArcSys should open a radio show for Guilty Gear too or have more frequent overlap between the two series. I need ArcSys to release those Guilty Gear Xrd Sanwa buttons in the BluRaji art...

07-y.jpg
Sweet! I wonder if Nine will be there on release.

Also, how do Xrd players in Japan watch the story mode? Is that for consoles only?

Shun

Sweet! I wonder if Nine will be there on release.

Also, how do Xrd players in Japan watch the story mode? Is that for consoles only?

There is a story mode that is included in Arcade run.

You play through the stages of Arcade mode and you get cutscene story and in battle dialogue for arcade mode. Console has it too.

The movie only story is for console.

Nine might be in for release, but they'll likely add a couple more characters over a span of 2-3 weeks, then add 2-3 console exclusive characters.

Chronophantasma 1.0 didn't have Nu/Mu/Izayoi at launch.

jbug617

Banned
Welp maybe Champ is going to get in trouble.

@KaneBlueriverCL: @PandaGlobalPG Good afternoon. Is there any e-mail address where I could contact you privately? This is not for a business inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom