• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Cool to see that you went. Were you able to get the autographs you wanted?

Based on when KBR tweeted his arrival at LAX on the Friday of SCR weekend, he had no chance of making it to the venue in Ontario in time to register since Marvel pools were that evening.

Now could he have gotten an earlier flight to LA, I don't know. (And I'm assuming there are no direct flights from Tokyo-Narita to Ontario.)

Oh hey, you're back!

He missed his initial flight back to the US for a variety of reasons from what I read on twitter at the time. I think he got one the next day which would explain why he got in on Friday. He made a tweet fearing that he'd have to live at the airport a whole week, heh.

He planned these flights months in advance so it was pure luck that SCR landed there.

Shun

Nine's not in the location test, is she?

What have we here?

ss_tb3.jpg

Nine hasn't even officially been revealed. Just teased.

This, loketest was just balance changes, hibiki+naoto, and system changes.

Nine has only been teased and she will probably be revealed close to release or be a part of the later added characters on a staggered release.

Kinda like Chronophantasma 1.0 where Bullet, Amane, and Azrael were day 1 and Izayoi/Nu/Mu were eventually added in.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Having played both Bayonettas back-to-back when it was released on Wii U, the first one is just covered in obnoxious game design that heavily detract from the actual fighting.

Like what?

And did you not feel that the flying sequences heavily detracted from combat? Movement was heavily gimped as were combos.

Crocodile

shaowebb

No, Nitroplus Blasterz is waifu fighter

Nope! Wrong. Koihime Enbu is Waifu Fighter...at least until Arcana Heart Six Stars gets dated for consoles :p

Man there are a LOT of Waifu fighters coming out this holiday season.

• Koihime Enbu
  • Nitro Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition

And thats not even taking into account that there are still in early 2016 some more Guilty Gear coming out alongside of eventually in 2016 Blaz Blue Central Fiction. Anime Fighters are on fire. If another Under Night or Melty Blood pops up in 2016 as well we're gonna need to extend the length of EVO given last year was already a struggle with players jumping from side tournies to main stage so often.

Nope! Wrong. Koihime Enbu is Waifu Fighter...at least until Arcana Heart Six Stars gets dated for consoles :p

Man there are a LOT of Waifu fighters coming out this holiday season.

• Koihime Enbu
  • Nitro Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition

And thats not even taking into account that there are still in early 2016 some more Guilty Gear coming out alongside of eventually in 2016 Blaz Blue Central Fiction. Anime Fighters are on fire.
Nitroplus blasterz is waifu fighter because its all female characters fanservice game

I wouldnt call arcana heart or skullgirls waifu fighters since they are using characters built for those games. dengeki bunko isnt waifu fighter because there are guys on the roster

not sure why you just veered off into anime in general at the end

shaowebb

Key difference is that this game actually has male characters in it, that are playable even.

Also did anyone even pick up Koihime for localization?

Don't need localized if its region free :D
Real talk though it could use localized. Its a pretty solid fighter all over and its animated fairly well.

How many of this is EXAMU making BTW? They're tied to a lot of games these days.
Nitroplus blasterz is waifu fighter because its all female characters fanservice game

I wouldnt call arcana heart or skullgirls waifu fighters since they are using characters built for those games. dengeki bunko isnt waifu fighter because there are guys on the roster

Just bein' silly for fun, but it did make me realize there are a lot of fighters for anime fighting game players coming out. 3-6 between now and this time next year from anime titles alone in fact.

Doesn't matter, casual waifu audience will get it for the casual times with the waifus when it gets localized. Not everyone is dedicated enough to import.

Edit: But yeah quiet a lot of new fighting games getting console ports in japan, and none of them are based on original IP.

shaowebb

Its a pretty great year for fighting game fans in general I'd say. In the next 365 days we'll see...

• New Street Fighter
  • Another season of KI coming
  • HIGHLY hinted MKX season 2 is likely
  • New Tekken
  • Rivals of Aether finally hit
  • Them's fighting Herds may have something playable at some point
  • Dengeki Bunko game
  • New Koihime game
  • NitroBlasterz
  • Pokken Tournament gonna do something soon
  • Likely Arcana Heart Six Stars will see something by next year
  • Guilty Gear Revelator coming
  • Might see Blaz Blue Central Fiction by late 2016 (likely early 2017 IMO)
  • Square Enix is supposed to have a new Dissidia at some point (arcade november 2015)
  • Smash Bros ballot ended so something happening there
  • Project M always cooking something up
  • Rising Thunder always gettin updates

Plus thats not counting any new surprises that may come or anything I just happened to forget like a new Gundam game or soemthing if one comes out.

No VS series stuff and I know its a top draw that everyone always hopes for, but certainly more than enough for folks to sink their teeth into.

Like what?

And did you not feel that the flying sequences heavily detracted from combat? Movement was heavily gimped as were combos.
Your moveset was largely retained in the flying sections of Bayonetta 2. Not to say it didn't remove some of your options, but it was nowhere near the extent of the surfing section of its predecessor. The mission where you hopped
into a mech suit
went a little too far in gimping the player, but at least they kept it fairly brief and somewhat varied.

Other elements from the original that hampered the experience:

- Unskippable cutscenes on the first playthrough, with the majority of them being too obtuse for the game's own good.
- Both on-rail sections being far too lengthy, never mind their loose controls.
- Grating stage gimmicks like Route 666, babysitting that little runt with a shield THAT INTERRUPTS YOUR MOVES multiple times, sky-falling boulders in the middle of combat, et cetera.
- Worth mentioning again because of how dreadful of a mission it was: protecting that shielded brat inside a sinking plane with electrified water!
- Regular occurance of simplistic, flow-killing platforming.
- Absolutely dreadful camera made worse by often claustrophobic arenas, especially against nimble enemy types. Only outdone by MGR and Ninja Gaiden.
- Enemies like the sword-and-shield angel (who's on fire) or the flying snakes slowing down your momentum with no fun patterns.
- The worst big bosses in all of Platinum's games, in hindsight. Jubileus was nothing more than prolonged tedium wrapped up in over-the-top spectacle, and this holds true with most of them imo.
- Actual fun fights like the Jeanne encounters being hindered by needless gimmicks like wallrunning or homing off-screen missiles, further causing the camera to spaz out.
- Woefully inconsistent framerate. The Xbox 360 version isn't a significant improvement from my limited experience either.
- Cutscenes either having insta-kill QTE's (thankfully a minority) or allowing enemies to hit you virtually instantly.

All of these flaws (and others I've forgotten by now) just gave Bayonetta 1's campaign terrible pacing and I have no desire to replay it as a result. Bayonetta 2 carries its own shortcomings that weren't present before, but to me they were far less intrusive in comparison (with Umbran Climax being the lone exception) and in the process Platinum did a lot to cut down on the above fat too.

Dahbomb

I don't think Bayonetta 1 had unskippable cutscenes, you just had to go to a weird menu selection to skip them.

I remember not seeing most of the cutscenes my first time through the game.

Its a pretty great year for fighting game fans in general I'd say. In the next 365 days we'll see...

• New Street Fighter
  • Another season of KI coming
  • HIGHLY hinted MKX season 2 is likely
  • New Tekken
  • Rivals of Aether finally hit
  • Them's fighting Herds may have something playable at some point
  • Dengeki Bunko game
  • New Koihime game
  • NitroBlasterz
  • Pokken Tournament gonna do something soon
  • Likely Arcana Heart Six Stars will see something by next year
  • Guilty Gear Revelator coming
  • Might see Blaz Blue Central Fiction by late 2016 (likely early 2017 IMO)
  • Square Enix is supposed to have a new Dissidia at some point (arcade november 2015)
  • Smash Bros ballot ended so something happening there
  • Project M always cooking something up
  • Rising Thunder always gettin updates

Plus thats not counting any new surprises that may come or anything I just happened to forget like a new Gundam game or soemthing if one comes out.

No VS series stuff and I know its a top draw that everyone always hopes for, but certainly more than enough for folks to sink their teeth into.
Great for 2d fighter fans.

Virtua Fighter 6?
Tekken 7?
Soul Calibur 6?
Bloody Roar 5?
Anything that is more than just a different flavor of ice cream?!

Shun

Link? There's no compilation vid of all the Exceed Accels so it's hard to find individual ones right now.

There's a screen of it on the website and I could have sworn it was shown on one of the loketest streams.

I know for sure there are ones of Jin and Hakumen.

There might be some overlaps, like Tager's overdrive but not exceed was shown. Gotta wait till actual release cause not everyone was able to do the accel during testing.

Tsubaki's Overdrive
Hakumen Overdrive
mu-12 overdrive
nu-13 overdrive

Uncle AJ

http://personacentral.com/atlus-is-considering-a-persona-4-arena-ultimax-update-for-home-consoles/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV7xvMbldKo

During the Toshin Festival 2015 fighting game tournament (or “Toushinsai 2015”), Persona 4 Arena Ultimax director Kazuhisa Wada addressed the possibility of an updated version of the game released for home consoles.

Wada, who was one of the commentators for the tournament, had the following to say about the release for the newest version of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax on consoles:

We are thinking about [bringing] the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax update to home consoles.

HAW

shaowebb

Tekken 7 hasn't gotten a console release date yet, and so far the rumors its 2017 are unconfirmed. Its near enough that I couldn't really leave it out. What I left out that has me curious is Tekken X Street Fighter. Didn't they say it was nearly ready then suddenly SFV started goin on due to sony and messed with release time tables or something?

No clue where to slot that. And yes my heart goes out to folks every year they dont get a new Virtua Fighter. If it helps Akira is in Dengeki Bunko. Wolfkrone plays him

I doubt it helps at all.

Numb

Tekken 7 hasn't gotten a console release date yet, and so far the rumors its 2017 are unconfirmed. Its near enough that I couldn't really leave it out. What I left out that has me curious is Tekken X Street Fighter. Didn't they say it was nearly ready then suddenly SFV started goin on due to sony and messed with release time tables or something?

No clue where to slot that. And yes my heart goes out to folks every year they dont get a new Virtua Fighter. If it helps Akira is in Dengeki Bunko. Wolfkrone plays him

I doubt it helps at all.

No need to slot it anywhere when T7 and SFV haven't even hit yet and know way more about than TXSF.

Kikirin

I'm positive Central Fiction will be early 2016, maybe mid- for the US. It's not that far off.

No wai when the arcade release is November 2015 - the fastest turnaround between JP arcade and JP console releases so far has been 6-7 months. It might be that soon if it were a 1.1 or 2.0 or Extend, but this is a new version with new story, mechanics, etc. Gotta make that arcade money first.

Shun

Is Revelator or Central Fiction happening first?

Well Revelator is already out for arcades and is already on a 1.02 update. Central Fiction is only coming out in a few weeks.

Console wise, Revelator is probably coming to consoles before Centralfiction too.

There is no way Centralfiction comes to console earlier than May or June. May or June is probably going to be the Revelator release date too.

It's the aesthetic more than the characters being established elsewhere first. tbh, the latter hardly matters at least to me.

[rant]

I find it sad that "anime fighter" nowadays makes me sigh and think of Koihime Enbu waifus, Rachel Alucard, Vatista, Heart Aino and that abominable puddle grappler loli from AH3. It makes me think of May and Jam destroying my hearing and sanity.

It could be making me think of aesthetics like Samurai Showdown, TTGL, Moribito, Juuni Kokki. It could conjure up images of Sol fighting Faust or Ky or Zato. It could make me imagine this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBA6PItBqvo

It could, in short, be good. But good doesn't sell body pillows. And I'll get Bridgets and Rachels to the day I die or something.

[/rant]

LIST

RIP KOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom