• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Alex Valle doing his own thing. Looks nice. Alex is going Esports route while Watson is staying more grassroots.

Dlent

Having no arcade really is as grassroots as it gets.

With UCG gone, I really do hope he gets things together.

Playing only Xrd and going to BBCP (1.1) again, Xrd has made me weak. BBCP is really fast lol
Still not buying Extend though in hopes for Round 1 getting BBCF.

It's funny how BB went from a game where I only liked Rachel and a few others to liking so much of the cast now with the additions of moves.
So many veterans I want to use in the new game.
I watched BB top 8 at CEOtaku. Wow, Nu has absolutely insane pressure.

Shun

Playing only Xrd and going to BBCP (1.1) again, Xrd has made me weak. BBCP is really fast lol
Still not buying Extend though in hopes for Round 1 getting BBCF.

It's funny how BB went from a game where I only liked Rachel and a few others to liking so much of the cast now with the additions of moves.
So many veterans I want to use in the new game.

What city are you in? I visited San Jose after an hour commute to see what it was like and it was shit.

Their cabinets had messed up sticks and buttons, they had Continuum Shift 1, they didn't even have Super Street Fighter update, mostly all old machines. Terrible.

BBCP upped the bullshit and is much faster than CS and CT.

CF seems to fix some of it but it's still faster than before.

If I want to play I go somewhere else or at local. Round One in Northern California is ass.

Rhapsody

Banned
What city are you in? I visited San Jose after an hour commute to see what it was like and it was shit.

Their cabinets had messed up sticks and buttons, they had Continuum Shift 1, they didn't even have Super Street Fighter update, mostly all old machines. Terrible.

If I want to play I go somewhere else or at local. Round One in Northern California is ass.

I'm in Socal, so the Puente Hills Mall Round 1 is the one I go to. The machines are new, it's just everything there costs too much.
I mostly spent time playing rhythm games there until they start getting more fighters that aren't on console.

Kumubou

One other upside about an all-anime major: people are too busy with their waifus to steal shit.

I'm in Socal, so the Puente Hills Mall Round 1 is the one I go to. The machines are new, it's just everything there costs too much.
I mostly spent time playing rhythm games there until they start getting more fighters that aren't on console.
The pricing seemed comparable to Japanese arcades... if you were buying $50 worth of credits at a time. Which only really makes sense for regulars, but they're also the people that need it the most. The bigger issue is that some games have some but not all of the functionality enabled, which makes doing events in something like Beatmania IIDX or Sound Voltex even more of an awful grind than it already is.

N4Us

I heard they're aiming to get Ultra and other more recent fighters by the end of the year. I've known the manager and he knows how important those versions and stick care are. It's a lot of hand-wrangling politics behind the scenes from what I gather though.

Shun

I heard they're aiming to get Ultra and other more recent fighters by the end of the year. I've known the manager and he knows how important those versions and stick care are. It's a lot of hand-wrangling politics behind the scenes from what I gather though.

I am just surprise because from what my friend who live there tell me he says that the shopping centre there is dead and Round One was supposed to help revitalise it.

Told me some of the machines disappeared from opening till now too. Ended up just bowling the rest of the time.

It's a shame since it could be good, but it start out weak and is weaker than some Golfland near the area.

I'm glad that NorCal has other options like Gamecenter. Hoping they update to Pendual but Spada is good update.

It's good to hear that manager is taking it seriously. Getting some exclusive machine to differentiate from other local places is a good step. Maybe it will have a nice makeover next time I am able to visit down there.

Like one way to best differentiate is to modernise and not have one game per cabinet. Go do what Sega cabinets and Taito cabinets do in some arcades now and have multiple games in a single cabinet where you can put in credits and choose a game to play from.

Give customer more variety. It might be harder to license but it is worth the investment since you want to modernise.

This SEGA All Net PRAS Multi is what I am talking about. This station has GGAC+R, XRD, Caldarius Blaze, Dengeki Fighting Climax, etc.

Taito Nesica and Sega ANP Multi cabinets have become the standard for like 4-5 years now.

N4Us

Yeah, I really hope R1 picks up down the road. It'd be cool if bigger things eventually happen there, especially since it's only a couple miles from a decent San Jose FGC scene. I'm way too far to consistently stop by though.

Anne

Mike Z was on the 2BFP podcast this week. At the start he tells a story about demoing SG at a booth next to the SFxT demo. Apparently Mike looked over and noticed SKill was looking bored at the booth, so he jokingly asked if they wanted to switch. Seth just looks over and says, "You don't wanna watch this game."

It's the usual podcast, Mike is just on it talking about FG stuff a bit.

CO_Andy

tumblr_lvqpu8YBjQ1qd9g7oo1_500.png

SNK's localisations were AMAZING. I hope someone finds out who this person is someday.

Mike Z was on the 2BFP podcast this week. At the start he tells a story about demoing SG at a booth next to the SFxT demo. Apparently Mike looked over and noticed SKill was looking bored at the booth, so he jokingly asked if they wanted to switch. Seth just looks over and says, "You don't wanna watch this game."
Yeah i don't think Ono consulted with Seth before announcing SFxT

pixelish

too lazy to post the tweet as I'm on my phone now but art is currently promoting the fgc at an esports summit in NYC. the summit seems pretty big in that all the business dudes there are wearing a coat.

Tizoc

tumblr_lvqpu8YBjQ1qd9g7oo1_500.png

SNK's localisations were AMAZING. I hope someone finds out who this person is someday.

Agreed, this is but one of many absurd translations from their 90s era, mind you if that is from World Heroes 1 or 2 then it is by ADK, but if their translators were the same as SNK...
EDIT: Also Geegus sure look like the Senator from MG Rising lol.

NEO0MJ

too lazy to post the tweet as I'm on my phone now but art is currently promoting the fgc at an esports summit in NYC. the summit seems pretty big in that all the business dudes there are wearing a coat.

We should send one of our own as well. Someone who exemplifies everything about the Gaf FGC. Someone like shaowebb!

Shouta

Anyway, the Fchamp and KBR stuff is basically everything we don't need in the FGC. It's gross we let this kind of harassment fly. This is what Anne talked about ages ago. It's gone far beyond fun and games into the territory of totally unacceptable behavior. I'm not surprised at who instigated it either.

Anyway, the Fchamp and KBR stuff is basically everything we don't need in the FGC. It's gross we let this kind of harassment fly. This is what Anne talked about ages ago. It's gone far beyond fun and games into the territory of totally unacceptable behavior. I'm not surprised at who instigated it either.

tbh

DunpealD

kbr's responses to his haters were hilarious as well. he wanted to sue fchamp lol

Didn't Fchamp go LTG in that shit talk vid?
Doesn't surprise me that KBR was not amused by it, considering his current state.

Fchamp strikes me as some weird mixture of Fanatiq and LTG with a pinch of shadiness.

Would like to know what Arts battle plan actually is. Having some pubs like Capcom, WB and BN backing him would be good too. A "yooooo esports" sadly won't cut it, I guess.
Doing a comparison pic between the Ti 2014 winners and some EVO 2014 champs might be a good start. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom