• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

I am actively, and desperately hoping for them to push it back to help that game get as much help as it can get. Don't want them to go broke making it, but I definitely want them to polish that title harder than they did before they thought it was good enough to reveal. The backlash on that trailer was heavy.

It's the aesthetic more than the characters being established elsewhere first. tbh, the latter hardly matters at least to me.

[rant]

I find it sad that "anime fighter" nowadays makes me sigh and think of Koihime Enbu waifus, Rachel Alucard, Vatista, Heart Aino and that abominable puddle grappler loli from AH3. It makes me think of May and Jam destroying my hearing and sanity.

It could be making me think of aesthetics like Samurai Showdown, TTGL, Moribito, Juuni Kokki. It could conjure up images of Sol fighting Faust or Ky or Zato. It could make me imagine this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBA6PItBqvo

It could, in short, be good. But good doesn't sell body pillows. And I'll get Bridgets and Rachels to the day I die or something.

[/rant]

RIP KOF.
I hate your idea of good...its too manly

There's a screen of it on the website and I could have sworn it was shown on one of the loketest streams.

I know for sure there are ones of Jin and Hakumen.

There might be some overlaps, like Tager's overdrive but not exceed was shown. Gotta wait till actual release cause not everyone was able to do the accel during testing.

Tsubaki's Overdrive
Hakumen Overdrive
mu-12 overdrive
nu-13 overdrive

Yeah, I guess we'll have to wait unfortunately. The ones I've seen so far look really good.

Now that I think about it, the only reason I remember that Twitch Turbo is an actual service is because of Capcom Pro Talk.

Mike Ross is such an asset to that company, he salvaged such a terrible product by making it an FGC meme

Numb

Now that I think about it, the only reason I remember that Twitch Turbo is an actual service is because of Capcom Pro Talk.

Mike Ross is such an asset to that company, he salvaged such a terrible product by making it an FGC meme

Indeed. Mike doing good work.
Although it being known cos of the fgc is not a good sign.

xCobalt

Nobody really cares about the turbos. It just really boils down to people love seeing Mike's reactions whether he's winning, losing or being called out by someone.

Zissou

It's the aesthetic more than the characters being established elsewhere first. tbh, the latter hardly matters at least to me.

[rant]

I find it sad that "anime fighter" nowadays makes me sigh and think of Koihime Enbu waifus, Rachel Alucard, Vatista, Heart Aino and that abominable puddle grappler loli from AH3. It makes me think of May and Jam destroying my hearing and sanity.

It could be making me think of aesthetics like Samurai Showdown, TTGL, Moribito, Juuni Kokki. It could conjure up images of Sol fighting Faust or Ky or Zato. It could make me imagine this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBA6PItBqvo

It could, in short, be good. But good doesn't sell body pillows. And I'll get Bridgets and Rachels to the day I die or something.

[/rant]

This- where the non-embarassing anime fighters at?

(`_´)ゞ

LegatoB

I'm positive Central Fiction will be early 2016, maybe mid- for the US. It's not that far off.
It's a real new installment of the series, which means new disc and new story mode. Not a CHANCE it comes out before Summer 2016. I'd expect October next year for Japan, like Chronophantasma.

(please, for once, surprise me positively, arcsys)

notworksafe

looking through old files on this pc for backing up and moving to my new pc and i stumbled upon this neogaf classic

twR9HkP.jpg

still makes me laugh to this day

kirblar

Karin will be in the beta right?

Pr Rog said on his stream last night that he didn't like SF5 until he tried Karin, so that's something.
Given how differently the characters play, that may be how it is until people fnd someone they sync with. There's definitely no Rog equivalent but Fei's one of his backups so it makes sense that he'd get into her.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I enjoyed my time with SF5 more than the entire time I've played SF4 and that's not new game hype I never really enjoyed SF4 coming off of SF3 but SF5 is the first time I've really enjoyed the series since then.

Village

I honestly feel like the more SF IV players that dislike SF V the more my interest is piqued.

I just dislike the lack of super options, I hope its not like that forever in 4. ( i really liked ultras too but whatever ). I also wish super meter stacked, like in 3.

Also i wanted to share the gifts capcom is bringing to us for Halloween.

I enjoyed my time with SF5 more than the entire time I've played SF4 and that's not new game hype I never really enjoyed SF4 coming off of SF3 but SF5 is the first time I've really enjoyed the series since then.
I actively despise SF4, but have heard this quite a few times now. Makes me reconsider trying SF5

.la1n

This is good to hear. I haven't been able to play nearly as much as others so I don't feel comfortable saying one way or another how I currently feel about it. I just know as much as I tried over the years I just never felt much of a connection with SF IV and that saddened me a bit.

Coda

I honestly feel like the more SF IV players that dislike SF V the more my interest is piqued.

I feel like I've heard nothing but great things from players about SF V and unanimously everyone agrees that V is where the series needed to go other than a few nit picky things like it may be too basic mechanically at the moment.

Kumubou

Just got back from CEOtaku. Really great event -- it felt like a major pre-SF4, and it was nice to be at an event where you could get competition in whatever game you wanted without the event being super cramped. I really hope it retains that feel while still growing when the event happens next year (which is looking super likely). Although some people's wishes in this thread about making it a less anime event are probably for naught. :p

In particular, if anyone has any feedback regarding my commentary (as I did it for part of Melty Blood, Aquapazza and Arcana Heart 3), it would be appreciated. I'm not going to lie -- I would be tempted to do it more often, but the issue is that the games I care about aren't really anything that gets run with any consistency.

I feel like I've heard nothing but great things from players about SF V and unanimously everyone agrees that V is where the series needed to go other than a few nit picky things like it may be too basic mechanically at the moment.
I never really understood that complaint about SFV -- SF has always been a game with rather limited mechanics. It still feels a lot like SFIV minus stuff like focus attacks and ultras (which is a net improvement, granted) and with a faster flow (mainly due to how quickly people get up after knockdowns). It's still largely Street Fighter (for better or for worse), and I think people who complain that the game is boring are kind of missing the point. If you want a fighting game with a gazillion mechanics, go play something like BlazBlue or Melty Blood.
Everyone should play Melty Blood anyway.

Marz

These horror costumes are dope. I kind of want a PS4 version of Ultra that includes all the DLC and 1 more character after 5 comes out.

This is basically the definition of new game hype, but I wouldn't say it's wrong. SFV feels more exciting than SF4 in terms of pace with no crouch techs or safe reversals (only a few have invincible reversals) .. I just hope Capcom doesn't nerf the combo potential anymore..

Rhapsody

Banned
Playing only Xrd and going to BBCP (1.1) again, Xrd has made me weak. BBCP is really fast lol
Still not buying Extend though in hopes for Round 1 getting BBCF.

It's funny how BB went from a game where I only liked Rachel and a few others to liking so much of the cast now with the additions of moves.
So many veterans I want to use in the new game.

Just got back from CEOtaku. Really great event -- it felt like a major pre-SF4, and it was nice to be at an event where you could get competition in whatever game you wanted without the event being super cramped. I really hope it retains that feel while still growing when the event happens next year (which is looking super likely). Although some people's wishes in this thread about making it a less anime event are probably for naught. :p

In particular, if anyone has any feedback regarding my commentary (as I did it for part of Melty Blood, Aquapazza and Arcana Heart 3), it would be appreciated. I'm not going to lie -- I would be tempted to do it more often, but the issue is that the games I care about aren't really anything that gets run with any consistency.
if it happens again next year and is similar to what it was this year, I will probably make the trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom