• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
kbr's responses to his haters were hilarious as well. he wanted to sue fchamp lol

hqdefault.jpg

Anyway, the Fchamp and KBR stuff is basically everything we don't need in the FGC. It's gross we let this kind of harassment fly. This is what Anne talked about ages ago. It's gone far beyond fun and games into the territory of totally unacceptable behavior. I'm not surprised at who instigated it either.
The FGC people encouraging this sort of behavior is more gross than fchamp doing what he does. It's not some "arcade roots" or "building hype" shit anymore, you're all like 30 years old knock it off with the middle school WWE LARP.

What initiative is he trying to get investors for? Team Spooky, NEC, EVO?

https://twitter.com/Swiftor/status/656488729612259328
Twitch maybe? The wording on the tweet is a bit vague, it could mean that they're both at the event to represent twitch or that both he and art are at the event and he's repping twitch.

Kalamari

I don't know why people give Fchamp any attention, the guy is just a run-of-the-mill jerkface. He's not a heel, he's just a regular asshole.

Also, I'm getting all sorts of hype for the beta, can't wait to try those new characters.

Anyway, the Fchamp and KBR stuff is basically everything we don't need in the FGC. It's gross we let this kind of harassment fly. This is what Anne talked about ages ago. It's gone far beyond fun and games into the territory of totally unacceptable behavior. I'm not surprised at who instigated it either.

what do you propose the fgc do about it?

Shouta

The FGC people encouraging this sort of behavior is more gross than fchamp doing what he does. It's not some "arcade roots" or "building hype" shit anymore, you're all like 30 years old knock it off with the middle school WWE LARP.

WWE LARP, damn.

What Cosmo says is probably the most realistic thing that can be done. Have visible players and community leaders speak out against it. They'd have to stop participating in it like Anne said.

wait two weeks until the collective memory forgets about it, same as any other time this nonsense happens

That'll be how it'll be "resolved" unfortunately.

DunpealD

Soft ban it like DoA5 costumes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Once again the issue of the FGC being a large diaspora of people rears itself (I know I'm using the word incorrectly, dwi). People in leadership roles need to stop condoning that kind of behavior, for a start.

On a more serious note this.
Valle in paricular rubbed me the wrong way, when he took the opportunity and promoted the LTG vs. Viscant match, which was a statement into the condone direction.

Speaking out isn't going to make a difference because these antics are fun and it's a competition.

I haven't seen much of this latest feud though. I think it's dumb if KBR isn't firing shots back.

Kumubou

Speaking out isn't going to make a difference because these antics are fun and it's a competition.

I haven't seen much of this latest feud though. I think it's dumb if KBR isn't firing shots back.
It's all fun and games until you're the one being harassed constantly.

HiResDes

I don't understand the beef with what FChamp said or why it's bad for the community. If you examine any popular sport there's always going to be some competitive beef and bad blood here and there. It only fuels hype and fervor for a KBR Vs FChamp match in the future. In boxing if someone thinks the current champ is ducking them they're going to call him or her out and try and try to get a shot at them. And if I'm being honest it did seem like KBR might have been ducking some of the top dudes to try and extend his "reign" for a bit.

Shouta

He's not firing shots back because he doesn't want to participate. He had his reasons for not competing at SCR and no one is respecting that.

It's also stupid financially for him to answer the taunting/challenge from Fchamp anyway. 1000 USD money match? KBR doesn't have that kind of money just to throw around. He'd be risking any chance of him traveling again in the future.

Besides, he's back in Chile now anyway. Nothing would happen for 6 months even if it did.

DunpealD

He's not firing shots back because he doesn't want to participate. He had his reasons for not competing at SCR and no one is respecting that.

It's also stupid financially for him to answer the taunting/challenge from Fchamp anyway. 1000 USD money match? KBR doesn't have that kind of money just to throw around. He'd be risking any chance of him traveling again in the future.

Besides, he's back in Chile now anyway. Nothing would happen for 6 months even if it did.

Maybe Fchamp should do a donation drive stream to go to Chile and the 1000USD for KBR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wasn't that his MO?

MrDaravon

Sorry to ask again, but is anyone here using a PS4 stick/pad on PC? If so what program are you using? Want to try out my FC4 on Ultra PC.

AAK

I don't really think it's funny but I also don't think it's a big deal. You know what you're getting into when you engage with a guy like Jinmaster and accept money matches. Should have won the set.

Yeah, this where I'm gonna say I can't agree with you there. Bullying is what leads to suicide and possibly murder too many times. That crap does not belong anywhere, anytime.

What Cosmo says is probably the most realistic thing that can be done. Have visible players and community leaders speak out against it. They'd have to stop participating in it like Anne said.

Well with Mr Wizard participating in it we're off to a good start

It's all fun and games until you're the one being harassed constantly.

Basically what Justin and friends thought about r/kappa before they were the focus.

kirblar

High-level players still not pre-registering for stuff is something I don't understand. I respect not pulling the Fanatiq and trying to use TPP, but how hard is it to sign up on a website a week in advance?

Rhapsody

Banned
High-level players still not pre-registering for stuff is something I don't understand. I respect not pulling the Fanatiq and trying to use TPP, but how hard is it to sign up on a website a week in advance?

iirc, he had issues regarding needing a credit card to register. I remember him talking to Valle about it.
I think Valle said he'd do a workaround, but I guess something happened on either side.

Shouta

iirc, he had issues regarding needing a credit card to register. I remember him talking to Valle about it.
I think Valle said he'd do a workaround, but I guess something happened on either side.

KBR doesn't have a credit card. So he can't pre-register. Apparently, they going to let him pay a late reg fee of 60+10 for the game but KBR felt it was too much considering how rusty he was and how tired he was from the departure in Japan.

HiResDes

Can I air a couple of early SFV grievances here? I know it's early, but already have strong impressions of the game. I got to play a little and been watching a bunch of gameplay most recently the SCR exhibition tourney.

Beats

Is Pokken doing well in arcades in Japan? It's been out for a bit, so I'm curious to know how it's being received over there if anyone knows.

Can I air a couple of early SFV grievances here? I know it's early, but already have strong impressions of the game. I got to play a little and been watching a bunch of gameplay most recently the SCR exhibition tourney.

naw keep it in Gaf hop

say whatever you want b

Shouta

That's just one arcade though and in Okayama, lol.

It probably doesn't really speak to how the game is doing itself.

Well, that's kind of sad.

I think the game's solid. Nothing spectacular, but solid. I've got a feeling that the game won't have much competitive life on the WiiU, and that's not just because the game's on the WiiU.

If local multiplayer is like Splatoon's; in that one player plays on a TV, and one person plays on the Wii U gamepad, would that turn people away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom