• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Xrd and now manga?

Count going full weeaboo.

Kappa
daigo manga tho
Dat CPT Premier event push + confirmation that CantBlockule(cross up splash) is attending really pushed SF4 entries this year. I don't think they ever even crossed 200 before even with the likes of Daigo and all the other top internationals in attendance.

sE6R3u.gif

you learn how to punish ultras yet b?

HiResDes

Each one of these paragraphs triggers me lol. I disagree with everything you said, but it's not like I'm super excited about SFV. Still waiting for that Capcom Allstars =/
I don't know how anyone could disagree with the first paragraph, and unless I'm missing a recent annoucement how many zoners are playable in SF V right now?
What do mean by all combos start the same? It seems like they're very focused on avoiding jabs being the starter for nearly everything.

You mention parry/focus, but if anything they dumbed down their respective games rather than smarten them up (and also undermine zoning/footsies, things you claim to support).

Jab Jab still seems quite prevalent, but I did have to play against a cammy. And you might be right about the normals, but in my estimation parry/focus just adds another element/option that became part of the spacing game rather than undermining it.

Dunno if it fits entirely, but I figure it's okay to share a link to the my thread about Indivisible's budget here in FGW. The game is pretty close to a fighter in it's own weird way after all. It's mostly talk about game development budgets, prototype use in a campaign and traditional publisher roles since people are currently wrestling with these issues while trying to understand the Indiegogo campaign.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=182386046#post182386046

El Sabroso

how many fighting games force you to play with pad on the arcade?

maybe that's why pokken flawed in japanese arcade, in console I believe is not gonna make that big difference, the key is to have good netplay and Smash has flawed at netplay twice Remember that Namco helped there and even with, Smash4 Netcode is still a 3/KI and matchmaking is non existent.

I hope they bring good netplay to Pokken on the Wii U

Tripon

Likely no Capcom Pro Talk this week because Adam, their producer is out.
Edit: rewatching Ultra Hikkihasyu footage. Infiltration + Zhi is amazing.

ShinMaruku

That whole marvel drama thing just reeks of salt over losing at evo and using any oppurtunity to be a bell end.

Anyhow. People seemed to love that DOA5:LR clan battle so I will record more as they come. Now on to my thoughts of the day about what we can do in the fighting game conglomerate since Art was trying to hustle some esports people about getting involved in the scene. What did he convince them they can sell? What demographics they can target? Is there a place for other people to get some careers outta this outside of playing and being a TO? What production pipeline he got?

Do you guys think he presented those thing (If you were there you can best answer this)

Personally only good thing I can get outta e-sports is if they force stephen a smith and skip balis to call some fgc player a bonafide scrub. That's priceless to me.

shaowebb

I think I've just seen the most insane Dragonpunch ever. Was poking through Arcana Heart's roster seeing how the rest of the cast plays (yes I've spent all my time on Dorothy/Maori so far lol). Tried Mei Fang, rekkas, tons of supers, dashes, great pressure and combos. Seemed like a pretty great character for beginning.

Tried a heavy DP...hit the top of the stage. Let that sink in...it hits the top of the stage in ARCANA HEART. Those stages are enormous!

pWShUBE.jpg

♪ ♫ ♬Fly me to the moon so I can play among the stars... ♪ ♫ ♬

EDIT: Also I gotta say Mei Fang beats Cammy for most ridiculous body thong. I wont even post pics with her in it because I just dont feel work safe with any. Shes an android made by a lady crazed female mad scientist whose all about the thickness. In other words they made a top heavy onion booty waifu, put her in a thong, pose her to always 90s style show both tits and ass and then put her in a body stocking that thongs and boob socks so both sides jiggle.

Japan.

ShinMaruku

Me no like Grapplers :( Looks like It's gonna be Cammy and Juri for me yet again. Oh and Ibuki. She comin. She comin in dem skins for you all.

I think I've just seen the most insane Dragonpunch ever. Was poking through Arcana Heart's roster seeing how the rest of the cast plays (yes I've spent all my time on Dorothy/Maori so far lol). Tried Mei Fang, rekkas, tons of supers, dashes, great pressure and combos. Seemed like a pretty great character for beginning.

Tried a heavy DP...hit the top of the stage. Let that sink in...it hits the top of the stage in ARCANA HEART. Those stages are enormous!

pWShUBE.jpg

♪ ♫ ♬Fly me to the moon so I can play among the stars... ♪ ♫ ♬

EDIT: Also I gotta say Mei Fang beats Cammy for most ridiculous body thong. I wont even post pics with her in it because I just dont feel work safe with any. Shes an android made by a lady crazed female mad scientist whose all about the thickness. In other words they made a top heavy onion booty waifu, put her in a thong, pose her to always 90s style show both tits and ass and then put her in a body stocking that thongs and boob socks so both sides jiggle.

Japan.
Aren't there entire infinites that take place above the screen in HnK?

shaowebb

I think Meifang has some kind of dive move too. Might just be a rekka followup, but I'm gonna play with here more to see if I cant end in that Dragonpunch and then take them back down. The visual on a combo that launches that high then dives that far back down would be reaaaaaaaaally satisfying to do on folks. It'd be like some of the stuff I've seen Minori do in Six Stars clips (really hope we get AH3 Six Stars. She looks super fun).

EDIT: Oooh looks like it was an air super to bring them back down with the dive move. Definitely gonna look for a BNB now that ends in heavy DP just to be a visual douchebag.

Also on a completely unrelated note, I think I found a new mousepad!
koQOYBH.jpg

Link to it :p

Oh wow SFV beta has CPU option in training now. I am kind excited by that.

Oh also is it my PS4 dying or is there serious frame rate slow down on the new zealand waterfall stage or whatever.

Tripon

So I decided to wait buying a new PS4, and bought SFV instead on PC though Greenman's 20% off deal. I activate it, and I still don't have the beta. Anybody else on PC, do you have wait for steam to send it to you, or should I call customer support to get a key or what?

ShinMaruku

I like Mika's damage she has interesting options but I am 100% convinced she's not for me. If Laura is kinda like this, well I'll only have 2 characters I am looking to play. Expected really. Was never hot on sf4's character list either.

Dahbomb

Viscant chimes in on the KBR thing:

(posted with Viscant's authorization)
Good points in there as always by Viscant. Also good that he called out former EVO champs mistakes as well regarding the game/community.

Sad thing is that this is exactly the point FChamp was trying to make (about the champ's obligation to the community) but he did it in a terrible, FChamp way.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Good points in there as always by Viscant. Also good that he called out former EVO champs mistakes as well regarding the game/community.

Sad thing is that this is exactly the point FChamp was trying to make (about the champ's obligation to the community) but he did it in a terrible, FChamp way.

That's the problem with so many people in the FGC, they can't actually have adult conversations. :/

Tripon

http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv
is live, should start soon.

Also,

Amid all the hub bub with Fchamp and KBR, Kbrad went off on Noel Brown for saying wrong shit and pretending he knew what he was talking about.

@PerfectLegend :
2015-10-20 04:28:50 UTC
What characters beat decapre again
@NoelBHungry :
2015-10-20 04:35:40 UTC
@PerfectLegend gief, characters with good footsies (vega, Chun, Elena, rose, poison, Rolento)
@PerfectLegend :
2015-10-20 04:48:29 UTC
@NoelBHungry Why do they make it hard for her
@KBradJStorm :
2015-10-20 05:10:27 UTC
@PerfectLegend @NoelBHungry Carl don't listen to Noel. He stay doing this, she definitely doesn't lose to those characters ESPECIALLY Rose
@NoelBHungry :
2015-10-20 05:16:45 UTC
@KBradJStorm @PerfectLegend we can always ask @INFILTRATION85
@KBradJStorm :
2015-10-20 05:19:56 UTC
@NoelBHungry @PerfectLegend you just need to stop giving false information like you did to @EternalFlocker when he fought Brentt smh
@NoelBHungry :
2015-10-20 05:34:56 UTC
@KBradJStorm @PerfectLegend @EternalFlocker I guess everything you say is fact too, right?
@KBradJStorm :
2015-10-20 05:36:24 UTC
@NoelBHungry @PerfectLegend @EternalFlocker I won't give out False info when ppl are trying to learn. U legit got Flocker bodied for lying
@NoelBHungry :
2015-10-20 05:46:26 UTC
@KBradJStorm @PerfectLegend @EternalFlocker the same thing justin told you. I guess that was wrong. I'm sorry I lied
@KBradJStorm :
2015-10-20 05:47:35 UTC
@NoelBHungry @PerfectLegend @EternalFlocker You actually said St. Fierce beats all of messiah follow ups which got him bodied. He told me
@NoelBHungry :
2015-10-20 05:49:28 UTC
@KBradJStorm @PerfectLegend @EternalFlocker I actually said st. Fierce beats the low and the high ender. I know that nothing beats the other
@KBradJStorm :
2015-10-20 05:50:43 UTC
@NoelBHungry @PerfectLegend @EternalFlocker Wrong again, DP beats the other one and if he delays it your Delayed DP will win
@PerfectLegend :
2015-10-20 05:51:33 UTC
@KBradJStorm @NoelBHungry @EternalFlocker oh you mean after messiah. i have ex dp, teleport or u2
@KBradJStorm :
2015-10-20 05:52:37 UTC
@PerfectLegend @NoelBHungry @EternalFlocker This isn't about you Carl lol it was for Cammy. Flocker had some misinformation from Noel.
@NoelBHungry :
2015-10-20 05:54:02 UTC
@KBradJStorm @PerfectLegend @EternalFlocker yes. Me telling him to cr. Jab and st. Fierce will beat 2/3 enders was wrong. thanks
@KBradJStorm :
2015-10-20 05:55:03 UTC
@NoelBHungry @PerfectLegend @EternalFlocker Nahhhhh he came to me right after & said you told him it beats every option. I guess he's a liar
@NoelBHungry :
2015-10-20 05:56:24 UTC
@KBradJStorm @PerfectLegend @EternalFlocker that move is like a dp. Why would I say that knowing the properties of the move.
@KBradJStorm :
2015-10-20 05:57:29 UTC
@NoelBHungry @PerfectLegend @EternalFlocker If you didn't say it you didn't say it

Kenneth Bradley ‏@KBradJStorm 22h22 hours ago
Commentators & Top players need to understand that it's ok to not know something. Giving false info to players is very toxic for growth.

Kenneth Bradley ‏@KBradJStorm 22h22 hours ago
Idk a damn thing about marvel so I refuse to speak frame data or give advice on things outside of my team. I would rather help u than hurt U

https://twitter.com/KBradJStorm

Shouta

V-Skill for Mika affects her Super damage. Pretty significantly too. You can also Crush Counter, V-Trigger, EX Shooting Peach (QCF+P) and then do a Wingless Airplane after Nadeshiko hits.

Zissou

I don't know how anyone could disagree with the first paragraph, and unless I'm missing a recent annoucement how many zoners are playable in SF V right now?

Jab Jab still seems quite prevalent, but I did have to play against a cammy. And you might be right about the normals, but in my estimation parry/focus just adds another element/option that became part of the spacing game rather than undermining it.

How much time have you spent with the game?

To me, stuff like parry turns "I better stand at this specific range and then backdash to whiff punish this specific dominant move they have" into "I don't know how to beat this move they have, so I'll parry it." More mechanics does not necessarily equal more complexity/thinking.

Oh and 2nd controller option too now? So now you can have a 1st to one round local going with SFV beta. If that's something anyone wants to do I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom