• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
LK>MP is great for Mika, can follow it up with mostly anything and get some damage

I think her mp is a pretty damn good too for a combo starter. It can link into itself and HP (though it needs to be close or this would whiff), and it is safe on block (I couldn't command grab to punish or ex peach after it with the dummy, but take it with a grain of salt, I don't know how that dummy guard action works right now). Her target combo is also very safe, except if you have your back in the corner, then Mika can actually ex command grab herself, I tried to test this with lk>mp with jump with the dummy. I wonder if Gief can command grab her after the push back on the target combo.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Sad thing is that this is exactly the point FChamp was trying to make (about the champ's obligation to the community) but he did it in a terrible, FChamp way.

Champ isn't actually trying to make a point. He's trying to bilk money out of another sucker.

Champ isn't actually trying to make a point. He's trying to bilk money out of another sucker.

His point makes sense except for the part where he is guilty of the same shit he blames KBR for.

I mean yea it's kind of the champ's job to promote the game but he was pretty fucking shitty about it, and so was Justin, and so was Flocker... Viscant. Quite frankly all of the Marvel champ so far has sucked at promoting the game. That's why I saw we burn this game to the ground and pray for Marvel 4!

Yea yea I know it's not happening but still!

Man I WISH pads were mandatory in arcades. Maybe then I'd enjoy playing fighters in arcades for once.

Ah shit I totally forgot you played on pad. Welp....

Dahbomb

He's not trying to make money he's trying to embarrass KBR. FChamp will take a free exhibition against KBR easily, hell he even said so.

But what he really wants to do is 15-0 KBR while running away with Magneto for 50 Marvel seconds to prove his superiority. It's an ego trip. He basically wants to do what Daigo did to Xian after Xian won EVO only in a more insulting manner.

The whole talk about EVO champ responsibility is secondary to all of this. Yeah he does believe in that stuff but really he just wants to whoop KBR's ass in an exhibition.

Going back to what Viscant said, there's a deeper thing going on here that should be discussed more in depth. What does a champion of a game owes to its community? What are their obligations if any? Ultrachen sort of touched upon this today but I missed most of that conversation. It would be good if we can extract something worthwhile out of all this.

Deps

They are new. He spins in place, dashes back, and swipes. Seems like a bad footsies tool.

Hp version is a really good anti air. Ex izuna after and its a lot of damage.
Ex version is ridiculous. Best poke in the game, free. Obviously it costs meter and he has a good super, but its still a great move.

Other versions I haven't used much, but they seem to make stuff whiff better than they look like they would so they're probably decent.

Yeah, exactly. He made the same video this time last year, except with Daigo instead of KaneBlueRiver. Made fun of Daigo's ability to speak english as well, just like he did with Kane.

I can't believe people fall for this shit.

HiResDes

How much time have you spent with the game?

To me, stuff like parry turns "I better stand at this specific range and then backdash to whiff punish this specific dominant move they have" into "I don't know how to beat this move they have, so I'll parry it." More mechanics does not necessarily equal more complexity/thinking.
Under ten hours for sure lol.

Has anyone actually successfully dodged and countered something with Vega's V-Skill? Maybe it's just the AI being psychic, but not once has this move been successful for me. It seems to have little to no invincibility frames.

gutabo

Does he make any profit for being an emote?

Quesa

Does the SFV beta support hitbox on PC or PS4 yet (outside of using a third party program to map the inputs to keyboard inputs, obvs).

Kikirin

Does the SFV beta support hitbox on PC or PS4 yet (outside of using a third party program to map the inputs to keyboard inputs, obvs).

The following applies to anything using the PS360+ PCB, but I'll stick to using "Hit Box" in the answers. :3

I haven't tried PC, but I don't think the Hit Box would have particular trouble if your OS can identify it as either a 360 or generic game controller.

As for PS4, I doubt that backwards-compatible controller support has been added for the beta. That said, the Hit Box does have firmware updates that makes it usable on PS4 - hold 1P + 1K while plugging it into the PS4 (when it's on) to force it into PS4 mode. However, they don't have a complete solution around the 8-minute timeout yet, so you'll need to occasionally soft reset to get it working again (Select + 3K, then Home button).

I haven't really experimented with the timeout, so I'm not sure whether the timeout is based on every 8 minutes after the console is on, or if it's every 8 minutes after the Hit Box is plugged in. If it's the latter, you might be able to soft reset during the match loading screen to avoid the controller disconnecting in the middle of a match.

Numb

Good lord Vega is so much fun.
Getting the worst lag i've ever seen tho where we are literally teleporting all over the place.
Just US players im matched with and not EU.

Quesa

The following applies to anything using the PS360+ PCB, but I'll stick to using "Hit Box" in the answers. :3

I haven't tried PC, but I don't think the Hit Box would have particular trouble if your OS can identify it as either a 360 or generic game controller.

As for PS4, I doubt that backwards-compatible controller support has been added for the beta. That said, the Hit Box does have firmware updates that makes it usable on PS4 - hold 1P + 1K while plugging it into the PS4 (when it's on) to force it into PS4 mode. However, they don't have a complete solution around the 8-minute timeout yet, so you'll need to occasionally soft reset to get it working again (Select + 3K, then Home button).

I haven't really experimented with the timeout, so I'm not sure whether the timeout is based on every 8 minutes after the console is on, or if it's every 8 minutes after the Hit Box is plugged in. If it's the latter, you might be able to soft reset during the match loading screen to avoid the controller disconnecting in the middle of a match.

I have a PS3/PC HB, so it doesn't look like it'll be compatible for a while, if at all. Thanks!

Sayad

So Street Fighter finally have a good training mode! The ability to record wake up and block recovery action is a godsend, I really wanted this in Xrd.

MrDaravon

Jesus is this KBR/FChamp bullshit still fucking going?

@CEOJebailey 13h13 hours ago
Really hope all this commentary/KBR/Fchamp drama doesn't overshadow the fact that Anime had its own breakthrough event. Kinda frustrating.

Rhapsody

Banned
So Street Fighter finally have a good training mode! The ability to record wake up and block recovery action is a godsend, I really wanted this in Xrd.

I'm glad this is in, but is this the really good kind? As in, if you input a special, will the game shift it to reversal timing?
I think Skullgirls does this, but I somehow feel like SFV won't.

I'm probably real late to this since my internet went out last night, but...
Going back to what Viscant said, there's a deeper thing going on here that should be discussed more in depth. What does a champion of a game owes to its community? What are their obligations if any? Ultrachen sort of touched upon this today but I missed most of that conversation. It would be good if we can extract something worthwhile out of all this.

I don't think a champion owes the community anything except for the people who helped him/her get there. They aren't obligated to play exhibitions, or money matches, or even go to the nearest tournament if they don't want to. And I don't think anyone should try and force them to, either.

It just sort of dawned on me that technically viscant, fchamp, flocker, and kbr are of the same level of prestige, since all of them have only won one marvel evo. Hell, Viscant might even be top of the pack since he's competed for longer and won more things back in the OG days.

And all 4 combined is still less than one Perfect Legend.

Really puts the level of this "drama" in perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom