• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So when Super Arcade is up how is all this going to work? Watson made it perfectly clear there is some rivalry going on.

Anyone feel like Necalli just feels...off, as a character? Mika, Ken, and Vega feel so natural; I'm even on board with Vega after playing around with him a bit. Necalli feels like a mish-mash of different skills that don't create a coherent character. I'm not saying he's bad, just that he doesn't feel good to play. Is it just me?

Edit: Also, Mika's V-Skill is super good.

MrDaravon

Just played my first match of SFV ever against Kirblar lol. I've paid so little attention to the specifics/mechanics of the game (I never got in the first beta) that I kept trying to jump back air tatsu with Ken to build meter and didn't realize until after that match that not only can he not do air tatsu on jump back (appears to be only neutral and jump forward?) it wouldn't matter anyway since you can't build meter that way in this game. This...is going to be an adjustment period lol.

Really digging this Hori FC4 though, I haven't seriously played or labbed it up with a game in years and years (outside of Smash 4) but having a good time with this so far. Bummed I missed the first beta though, really wanted to play as Chun :(

Rhapsody

Banned
So when Super Arcade is up how is all this going to work? Watson made it perfectly clear there is some rivalry going on.

I'd imagine the rivalry isn't that serious as some people make it out to be. Super Arcade and esports Arena are really far away from each other either. After the hype dies down for being new venues, people will probably just end up going to which is closer to their place.

Quesa

Anyone feel like Necalli just feels...off, as a character? Mika, Ken, and Vega feel so natural; I'm even on board with Vega after playing around with him a bit. Necalli feels like a mish-mash of different skills that don't create a coherent character. I'm not saying he's bad, just that he doesn't feel good to play. Is it just me?

Doing the f+Mp throw then hyping up as they stumble off is downright sleazy.

kirblar

He's a pressure/momentum monster but I'm really confused in neutral with him.

Watching the archive of SCR's exhibition tournament. Karin looks fun. Ryu's animations, though, yuck. Don't like them at all. They just feel really overly swingy and jerky and don't flow well. Karin is just the opposite.

Wish they fixed Claw's idle stance as well, it looks too impractical.

Markman tweeted about Daigo wanting to stream..

Can you imagine Daigo streaming on twitch? USF4 bout to do LoL numbers :whew:

Daigo emotes too :wow:

Thats really good to hear. Does it feel like a Marvel assist? I imagine you can use it for neutral or for combo extensions or cover your unsafe moves.

Diago would have to actually interact on stream vs just playing top players.

Marz

Daigo streaming would be boring as fuck. Two hours of dead silence with him playing Blue Emblems' Guile over and over again.

No thanks.

Thats really good to hear. Does it feel like a Marvel assist? I imagine you can use it for neutral or for combo extensions or cover your unsafe moves.

Diago would have to actually interact on stream vs just playing top players.
It is kind of a combo breaker. Basically, if you use it real quick to get super armor, your opponent hits Mika, Mika throws the mic down, it combo breaks, and Mika can get a combo off of it. So probably most like Double Lariat, if I had to compare it to an assist. If you really want to see what a vicious move it is, play against the CPU AI on max difficulty. The AI got so many full combos off on me. :-/

He's a pressure/momentum monster but I'm really confused in neutral with him.
Maybe that's it. Maybe his toolset is "random ways to force a knockdown", and then he's all about the oki game.

Does his charge attack have any armor? Or does it just negate fireballs?

Doing the f+Mp throw then hyping up as they stumble off is downright sleazy.
Good to know!

Shackzam

Maybe that's it. Maybe his toolset is "random ways to force a knockdown", and then he's all about the oki game.

Does his charge attack have any armor? Or does it just negate fireballs
It has projectile armor on it. I've been trying to figure out a way to describe his plausible with another character and the closest I can think of is like a super simple version of Dudley or akihiko. Just get a hit or knockdown and don't let go.

I've gotten some matches with Necalli and some training time (mostly Mika though). I think if you think of him sort of like Honda, you can get used to his flow. He wants to get in and thankfully, that is much easier than USF4 Honda because his charge goes through fireballs and is rather fast (though i think the active part starts mid way through the charge, since I have been hit out by Ken using Hp charge), though it is punishable on block, even ex. Connecting the command grab is a huge part of the plan and there are ways to tick into it. Ex cmd grab puts them in a juggle state where you can dp for damage or hit them and go for a reset, he can get some tricky ones like a dash under. His stomp is pretty good, lk is punishable with ex dp from ken but the stronger ones leave him in either neutral or maybe slightly advantaged on block with hk. Doing hp > mk stomp > cr.mp > charge special nets decent amount of damage and it's easy to link and get charge.

I think his v-skill is good and I punished a Ken who tried to play keep away with it, but I think it is easy to miss if the dash forward or jump, so zoning with it like c viper it isn't a good idea since it is slower than hers. I think Necalli has all the tools to do well, only problem may be that his normals seem more stubby than the other characters in this beta but I would need to play a bit more to try it out and find something like counter pokes.

crash-14

Man I want to get the beta on PC but i don't want to pay the game already... Also Capcom gave me another time a PS4 Beta Code (Europe).

MrDaravon

After playing a bit of the SFV Beta I almost don't know if I want to go back to SF4 with some of the mechanical differences. Was planning on picking up Ultra on PS4 (my current PC is temporary and is garbage) to brush up a bit, but almost wonder if that would be a bad idea.

BadWolf

KOF14 going to playable at Playstation Experience.

Oh shit.

The moment of truth.

EDIT: Is this the first time SNK has done this? First they reveal the game at TGS and now they will be showing gameplay and making it playable for the first time at a major western event. From what I remember they usually showed/announced a new KOF at an arcade expo and held loke tests in Japan shortly after.

shaowebb

KOF14 going to playable at Playstation Experience.

Excited and afraid at the same time

^This. I hope its better than the trailer. KOF is godlike but that trailer looked like the game really needed to go back in the oven awhile. People want it, but they needed something more polished to generate excitement from the reveal given all the competition on the market and how they look. It may be a good game, but its gonna need some polish as a 3d title to get over the hump and impress the masses given some of the 3d competition's level of polish.

After playing a bit of the SFV Beta I almost don't know if I want to go back to SF4 with some of the mechanical differences. Was planning on picking up Ultra on PS4 (my current PC is temporary and is garbage) to brush up a bit, but almost wonder if that would be a bad idea.
IMO, it's better to pick up an older SF to practice for this game.

BadWolf

^This. I hope its better than the trailer. KOF is godlike but that trailer looked like the game really needed to go back in the oven awhile. People want it, but they needed something more polished to generate excitement from the reveal given all the competition on the market and how they look. It may be a good game, but its gonna need some polish as a 3d title to get over the hump and impress the masses given some of the 3d competition's level of polish.

Yeah, really hoping that the actual game looks much better. The series was on an upswing with XIII and it would be a real pity if they squandered that away with a disappointing new entry.

3rd Strike would be a good choice I think.

MrDaravon

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking, but options are pretty limited on PS4. I've got 3rd Strike (and maybe SSF2 HD?) on 360 but my Live lapsed like a year ago. This PC really sucks but maybe Fightcade is an option, I've never looked into that. This FC4 works on PS3 so I could always pick up 3rd Strike there as well, would have bought that on a PSN sale if I had known.

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking, but options are pretty limited on PS4. I've got 3rd Strike (and maybe SSF2 HD?) on 360 but my Live lapsed like a year ago. This PC really sucks but maybe Fightcade is an option, I've never looked into that. This FC4 works on PS3 so I could always pick up 3rd Strike there as well, would have bought that on a PSN sale if I had known.

3S and ST are alive and well on Fightcade. ST has an active midsize lobby - 40-ish ATM, was ~70 last night if memory serves. 3S is at 80 atm.

Tripon

That job seemed beneath Spooky, to be honest. Would be a waste of his skill set.

Super Arcade hosts weeklies on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday nights. There, it works.

I would be surprised if this was the job Spooky takes. He has been talking for months about two different jobs for corporations on the west coast.

jbug617

Banned
Big news for KIT
CR8clNgVAAAMYHN.jpg

smurfx

get some go again
If spooky wants the job I can't think of a reason for giving it to anyone else
can't think of anybody better for the job. dude has stuck up for a lot of games even when stream monsters wanted the games off the stream. i trust him to treat all the communities with the same kind of respect. wonder if twitch would allow him to stream majors as side work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom