• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope -people play it-

Oh who am I kidding, it'll be "too hard", people will complain about learning 3 characters, blah blah.

I think a lot of people simply don't like KOF.

K.Sabot

I'll be first to admit I played like... 15x more KOF XI than I did KOF XIII.

It just didn't feel as good / tight as XI in my unwashed peasant opinion.

Oh who am I kidding, it'll be "too hard", people will complain about learning 3 characters, blah blah.

I'm not really into the team style they use. 3 characters on a team that have zero direct interaction between one another. Why have the team? I know there are underlying strategies regarding meter generation/usage, and a kind of Pokemon counter-order strategy, but that's about it. So I'm learning 3 characters, which is hard, for no real interesting reason.

On top of that, the netcode of the last game was widely said to be atrocious - I'm not going to buy a fighting game with bad netcode in this day and age. I have too many competing options.

Third, the character designs are generally uninteresting. Every other character is in a business suit or has bellbottoms. The only interesting characters aesthetically (IMO) are Duo Lon, Andy Bogard (classic design), Chin, Leona, Mai (classic boobs), and Iori. The rest of the cast looks like it was created by an artificial intelligence using a random character generator. The series needs a massive aesthetic overhaul if it wants the cast to be noteworthy to the general public.

I can get over the aesthetics, because I could use a team of Duo Lon, Iori, and someone else. But there isn't a lot of diversity there for people to get interested in. Everyone looks like a disco reject.

kirblar

Art imitates life!

beyonce_baby_bump.gif

Essay

I *didn't* like KOF, but the Evo 2013 hype and your videos changed that on my end. Of course, I was also laid-out by some surgeries at the time and had nothing better to do than acclimatize myself to the art (which I used to vehemently dislike), practice execution, and scrounge the internet for community content. It even kept my Spanish from atrophying, which was cool.

I wish I could spend more time in Toronto or the US and level up though. I'm kind of committed to three other games in my city before I can even get around to trying to rep/cheerlead for KOF, especially given how limited my knowledge of the frame data and details is.

I type that instead of actively trying to improve my knowledge by watching the
quality KOFXIII streaming live from Texas
that I have running in my other browser tab....

Tripon

So the people from here that favored going community, do you still favor it? lol.
People made about half of the posts of a typical slow FGW thread.

Less odd pineapple talk, less discussion of the week events, less everything. Eh.

Played a bit of SFV at Fan Expo.

Nash's teleport definitely feels nerfed, the startup is a lot slower and a lot more obvious.

Necalli.. I didn't know any of his inputs, tried to figure them out to no avail, ended up just heavy kick sweeping my way to a W.

Ken felt alright.

didn't touch R. Mika

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
If I'm not mistaken, that also looks like a new stage where Ryu is blocking.

Yah, I think if we were given a 2 week notice that FGW was moving to community more people would know what's up.... But early September is a slow month usually.

I have a feeling we were sent to die off and none of the mods who put this move in action will not take the blame for it and will be too late sadly. But that is just mumbo jumbo for now, time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom