• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so... I haven't seen cable lines and some resemblances of a flag in a background for a stage yet or maybe I'm losing it. Who knows.

RIP

I challenge you to a thumb war quote. It has been far too long and we must settle the score.
Maybe if you have USF4 for PS4. You play mostly on PC now right?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Maybe if you have USF4 for PS4. You play mostly on PC now right?

Yah I play PC for USF4. I'll get a PS4 by Black Friday so it'll be until then. I always wane in terms of patience and skill in that game for some reason. I have days where I bop 10K BP players free and other days where I can't even beat a player with 4K BP. I guess it maturing as a competitive player, have to be able to call upon that mindset on command. Although, once the player has 4K or more PP, I can't hold a candle to them, and with good reason. Played FourWude's Akuma and wish I had another match with him cause those damn Akuma gimmicks with his demon flip got me...

Yah I play PC for USF4. I'll get a PS4 by Black Friday so it'll be until then. I always wane in terms of patience and skill in that game for some reason. I have days where I bop 10K BP players free and other days where I can't even beat a player with 4K BP. I guess it maturing as a competitive player, have to be able to call upon that mindset on command. Although, once the player has 4K or more PP, I can't hold a candle to them, and with good reason. Played FourWude's Akuma and wish I had another match with him cause those damn Akuma gimmicks with his demon flip got me...
I might be building a PC soon, so maybe on PC then.. Need to get back to playing USF4 haven't for a couple weeks.

jerry1594

Urien doesn't have any attack that resembles that. It kind of looks like the fireballs Ingrid has in that vid Q posted a while back, if I remember right.
Has anyone here used palmod?

Tripon

But it has purple!

"
Middle East Wealth and purple are synonymous. In Egypt, the definition of purple also extends to include virtue.

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2012/06/color-and-cultural-design-considerations/

We're going to get a rich Sheik as the next fighter. Kappa.

ironsheik_1337014429.jpg

JeTmAn81

I might have to add a new feature to my GAF script. Display a community thread as part of the regular section.

Zissou

People must browse GAF really differently than I do.

If I have some free time, I:
1) Check subscriptions get catch up on the few threads that I care the most about.
2) If time remains, catch up on less important subscribed threads.
3) If I'm caught up on everything I give a damn about, go to the first page of gaming and off-topic and look for stuff that's interesting. If anything catches my interest add to subscriptions.

1) Check subscriptions get catch up on the few threads that I care the most about.
3) If I'm caught up on everything I give a damn about, go to the first page of gaming and off-topic and look for stuff that's interesting. If anything catches my interest add to subscriptions.
I just click Gaming and see what's on there. Now I have to do it for Community, too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Not accounting for different browsing styles/purposes is the inherent problem with Community.

Shout outs to this thread being half the size it normally is, even with something big to talk about (move to Community). What more needs to be said, really.

I've now seen Bison's c.HK, s.HK, and s.HP all crush counter, and Eventhubs says c.HP crush counters. Do all heavy attacks crush counter now?

Edit: HOLY SHIT, Bison can V-Trigger after a Knee Press now, and continue the combo still. :-O

I just click Gaming and see what's on there. Now I have to do it for Community, too.

The problem is all the big threads, including FGW used to push the crap off the front page, like "who is your favourite final fantasy character with blue hair?"

Now they are in community, and part of anime, those question or opinion threads are gaming, which attracts more people who like those threads which means more of them.

FGW put in a lot of work over the years and even if some of the posts were about Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct, at least they were for the greater good.

This is what I do.

Zissou

I've now seen Bison's c.HK, s.HK, and s.HP all crush counter, and Eventhubs says c.HP crush counters. Do all heavy attacks crush counter now?

Edit: HOLY SHIT, Bison can V-Trigger after a Knee Press now, and continue the combo still. :-O

I wonder if 'optimized' v-trigger usage will end up with it being only used in certain specific situations (only mid-combo, after a knockdown, during a block string, etc.) to guarantee a return rather than just randomly using it in a neutral situation.

The problem is all the big threads, including FGW used to push the crap off the front page, like "who is your favourite final fantasy character with blue hair?"

Now they are in community, and part of anime, those question or opinion threads are gaming, which attracts more people who like those threads which means more of them.

FGW put in a lot of work over the years and even if some of the posts were about Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct, at least they were for the greater good.
No doubt.

I wish moderators would crack down on that crap. And forum games - when did that become a thing here? Next we'll see the "seconds game".

I wonder if 'optimized' v-trigger usage will end up with it being only used in certain specific situations (only mid-combo, after a knockdown, during a block string, etc.) to guarantee a return rather than just randomly using it in a neutral situation.
I think it'll pan out just like X-Factor, because the two features are similar in a lot of ways:
1) Buff on a timer.
2) If you pop it mid-combo, you are rewarded with big damage.
3) If you pop it in the neutral, there's a chance it'll be wasted.

Letting Bison pop V-Trigger out of a Knee Press hit is pretty scary, and arguably not a good idea. Since I saw Knee Press, V-Trigger, c.MK all hit in that video, the following combo might also be possible:

Knee Press
V-Trigger
c.MP
Knee Press
VEX Psycho Inferno
VEX Psycho Blast
VEX Head Stomp

That's probably ~500 damage, since his other VEX chains are around there. That's about 70% of the life bar right now, and off of a random Knee Press hit. Even as a potential Bison main, that seems like something you wouldn't want to let people do...

I do this and assumed most did as well. I guess not though.

NEO0MJ

No doubt.

I wish moderators would crack down on that crap. And forum games - when did that become a thing here? Next we'll see the "seconds game".

It's funny how more than half the threads on the first page of off-topic community are "mafia" threads.

if you're that wound up over what threads go where, then talk to a mod instead of bitching about it here

not everyone can browse intelligently like us

I just keep FGC and other threads I care about in browser tabs, open forever. It's only like five threads so not a big deal. Once caught up, I take a glance at Gaming and Off-Topic to see what's hot, then done until I bother to check again.

As such, moving to Community affects my browsing habits 0%. But I rarely post anywhere so I'm basically nobody.

pixelish

If he attends 2 more ranking events I think he can get a lot of points. He's really good. He faces Daigo, the handsomest goat, first round at TGS.

too bad he lost to itabazan as he only obtained 4 points from this event.

edit: it's a shame that jiewa will qualify for capcom cup even though there are other players who deserve the spot more than him.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Marn Bison. LOL.

I usually don't care for random commentary but Capcom Pro Tour and stuff like that should have legit commentary. Not people talking about what they did during their day or not talking about relating to the game at all.

Numb

Always getting hyped and yelling. Saying poongko alot. Must mean something other than just the name i thought.

USD

TOPANGA LEAGUE 5 (B) ROUND 3

6 (Poison) vs. Dashio (Seth)
2-3 ●○○●●
Misse (Makoto) vs. SANTAROU (Sagat)
3-1 ○○●○
Hagejin (Zangief) vs. Shiro (Abel)
3-1 ○●○○
Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay) vs. NINOMAE (Rose)
0-3 ●●●
Gachikun (Sagat) vs. Dashio (Seth)
3-2 ○○●●○
MDR (Rufus) vs. Kawaguchi (Rose)
2-3 ●●○○●
Kenzo (Akuma) vs. SANTAROU (Sagat)
2-3 ○●●○●
Fuudo (Fei Long) vs. Matsuri (Chun-Li)
3-1 ○○●○
Dashio (Seth) vs. Sasaki (Cody)
3-2 ●○○●○
aiai (Juri) vs. Mago (Yang)
1-3 ●○●●

Tizoc

Seriously the next character trailer should really end with a tease; the teaser being the ojou laugh, and then watch as GAF explodes and we get a long ass thread where we go back and forth on the sexism and feminism of Karin's characterization.

Also match vids will be posted in like 2-3 hours time, maybe earlier; I'm craving some onion rings :V

I really hope we get a dream match.

Need Oswald and duck king back.

I really need SNK to reveal the new KoF so I can give a fuck about them again, though I don't necessarily need to be hype for the new KoF, I'd just need a reason to talk about them :V

tumblr_nu62h7jFaw1r09vilo1_500.png

I must be late in posting this, but how did Order Sol snag first in the preliminary GG voting? :eek:

People just want to get down to business ;)

Garou
【ニコ生(2015-09-06 17:24開始)】
第13回餓狼MOW大会
http://nico.ms/lv234237879
Edit: more Garou
http://twitch.tv/fantasistaokayama

Oh shi thanks for this, gonna watch it when I get home :D

pixelish

He dropped Sakura?

hb lost badly to tonpy's viper in winners final but managed to secure a runback in grand finals.

after losing the first game with sakura, he finally decided that it's time to showcase his counterpick character for the first time (i think) aka ryu. his ryu was really clean and managed to win 3 games straight as well as reset the bracket but winning 6 games off tonpy was pretty difficult. (final score: 1-3, 3-1 to tonpy)

K.Sabot

You are the 1%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom