• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Only a few people actually bothered to reason with bish while everyone else was acting like the sky was falling. Blame them.

Also I don't know why you're catching feelings from my posts, but it makes me smile, so keep at it!
It was already over by the time that discussion occurred. Nothing was changing, as evidenced by the immediate "you haven't even tried to make it work!" posts.

Kirb, why would people who already frequent the thread post less cause its in a different subforum? Is it just a self fulfilling prophecy at that point? Like a spiteful thing?

I mean, i see some of it now, people dont use subs and only saw it when it was bumped, probably when we talking about cereal or something.

Me personally, i post less the last half year cause im behind a firewall at work and i dont want to be on my phone all the time.

kirblar

Kirb, why would people who already frequent the thread post less cause its in a different subforum? Is it just a self fulfilling prophecy at that point? Like a spiteful thing?

I mean, i see some of it now, people dont use subs and only saw it when it was bumped, probably when we talking about cereal or something.

Me personally, i post less the last half year cause im behind a firewall at work and i dont want to be on my phone all the time.
People don't use subs. But that's only part of the problem it's that people don't browse community- they come to this forum intending to look for specific topics. FGW is not a thread about a specific topic. It's about general news and streams for the week and the discussions that stem from them. It's why the thread doesn't fit here- people are never going to go looking for the FGW thread the same way you look for the HALO thread, the PSN thread, or the Persona thread. It doesn't serve the purpose all those other threads do.

People who wanted the thread to go here, either didn't actually bother to look at the thread on a continuous basis, didn't understand what the purpose of the thread was, and/or actively wanted the thread to die down.

People are really talking up the MGSV "gameplay" and "controls" too much. I honestly can't think of anything significant that got added in V outside of the L1/RB commands to interact with NPCs.

Still I guess this is a pretty good example of how little "gameplay" sections there are in MGS4 that this is the perception that developed around the series. Also how many people disregarded peace walker because it was on a hand held.

Edit: I'd probably have to finish the game to really form an opinion of it. So far it is a good game but not my favorite Metal Gear game.

Essay

Could the subtitle be the killer here? I thought the old FGW threads had more of a news/theory-discussion/assemble-for-netplay vibe, while all the real stream-monstering happened in dedicated event threads.

kirblar

Advance warning/advertisement could have been given if this was a decision long in the making

It wasn't. One day it gets arbitrarily moved after years in the same place because people don't like the thread.

mbpm1

Advance warning/advertisement could have been given if this was a decision long in the making

It wasn't. One day it gets arbitrarily moved after years in the same place because people don't like the thread.

It got moved bc we weren't esports enough.

Kappa

Dahbomb

Advance warning should've been given out of courtesy but it is what it is.

That's all I am going to say on the matter as a junior member.

I have to say, I am pretty sick of this topic. Can folks move on? It was handled poorly, but here we are. At least try to be constructive in your frustration.

As shitty as it is, if people aren't posting in this thread because they don't have an interest in making an effort to participate, it's not a good argument for reinstating it back to gaming, since everyone else makes do with the system without needing special treatment.

It's like PL saying coaching is unfair because he doesn't have friends

I'm surprised this even got brought back up.

It was discussed briefly at the beginning of the thread, then we had a bunch of fighting game discussion as per the usual, then it's brought up again?

Uh...not sure what else needs to be said. Just play a game and punch dudes in the face, that's what I do.

petghost

Banned
I have to say, I am pretty sick of this topic. Can folks move on? It was handled poorly, but here we are. At least try to be constructive in your frustration.

If there are grievances why not discuss them?

I know it's silly and unlikely but I hope our complaining might make bish reconsider what was a seemingly arbitrary decision that fucked up a nice thread for no good reason.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm surprised this even got brought back up.

It was discussed briefly at the beginning of the thread, then we had a bunch of fighting game discussion as per the usual, then it's brought up again?

Uh...not sure what else needs to be said. Just play a game and punch dudes in the face, that's what I do.

It got brought up because the thread only has half the normal post in it. Only 900 post in a week is unheard of in this thread.

1800 is considered low for us, around 2000-2200 is normal, 2300-2900 is when an event happens, 3000-3500 is "wtf guess majors are happening! "

Enzo was one of the orginal guys that was on the fence about moving it in the first place and from the looks of it this swayed him in the complete opposite direction.

I'll typically chime in and post when stuff is going on and sometimes bring up stuff myself. But for the most part the lack of people popping in or bringing up topics is killing shit hard.

Dahbomb

Clutch grab by ChrisG, it was the final match, both characters with pixels left and less than five seconds on the clock. It was a great set overall
His opponent Takumi seems to be inspired by KBR and has taken up the world warrior approach.

You can't even call him hungry at this point, dude is straight up famished.

As shitty as it is, if people aren't posting in this thread because they don't have an interest in making an effort to participate, it's not a good argument for reinstating it back to gaming, since everyone else makes do with the system without needing special treatment.

It's like PL saying coaching is unfair because he doesn't have friends
Did PL really say that? lol

If there are grievances why not discuss them?

I know it's silly and unlikely but I hope our complaining might make bish reconsider what was a seemingly arbitrary decision that fucked up a nice thread for no good reason.
Bish doesn't care. If he's not going to listen to Shouta, he's not going to listen to you.

Tripon

His opponent Takumi seems to be inspired by KBR and has taken up the world warrior approach.

Takumi and KBR are both on team Black Eyes.

Takumi actually stayed on the west coast for like two months after EVO just so he could practice for First Attack. He bummed on people couches to do it.

Black Eyes had a pretty good weekend. abegen won UMVC3 at the Manila Cup while Takumi finished 2nd at First Attack. With KBR winning EVO, Nemo is now the worst Marvel player on the Black Eyes roster, kappa.

Producer

Yeah hes been in the US since Evo lol, might be a little too late to go the world warrior route just for marvel though.

Zissou

Takumi and KBR are both on team Black Eyes.

Takumi actually stayed on the west coast for like two months after EVO just so he could practice for First Attack. He bummed on people couches to do it.

Black Eyes had a pretty good weekend. abegen won UMVC3 at the Manila Cup while Takumi finished 2nd at First Attack. With KBR winning EVO, Nemo is now the worst Marvel player on the Black Eyes roster, kappa.

BlackEye is singular man.

2016 could be the last Marvel 3 at EVO so really it's now or never in terms of going the world warrior route.

For having such an uncertain future, marvel still can be really exciting to watch. I'm a base of players will keep with, but no marvel at evo will be a sad day when/if it comes.

Dahbomb

Didn't Mr. Wizard say "There will always be a Marvel game at Evo"? I'd say it has a decade or so left.
Well after EVO there was some talk about how Marvel semis weren't handled well and a lot of high profile elimination matches were done off screen (ie. Justin vs ChrisG) to which Mr Wizard responded something like "we will try to improve but there's no guarantee that Marvel would return for next year". Que people getting whipped into a frenzy over the comment.

I do still think the game has at least one solid year at EVO left. Even at the recent tournaments the game has been competitive and the usual people have been showing up. There's no way Mr Wizard is going to let US ride dirty like that!

.la1n

I'd love to see at least one last year of Marvel at EVO, it's always consistently entertaining. As last year proved you don't even need the usual suspects, the salt from that was entertainment in itself.

yeah, marvel might not make it to evo next year

"it's always been like this" and "the community will stop caring if they don't get special treatment" aren't convincing arguments

kappa

It got brought up because the thread only has half the normal post in it. Only 900 post in a week is unheard of in this thread.

1800 is considered low for us, around 2000-2200 is normal, 2300-2900 is when an event happens, 3000-3500 is "wtf guess majors are happening! "

Enzo was one of the orginal guys that was on the fence about moving it in the first place and from the looks of it this swayed him in the complete opposite direction.

I'll typically chime in and post when stuff is going on and sometimes bring up stuff myself. But for the most part the lack of people popping in or bringing up topics is killing shit hard.

I don't know. I guess it's our fault for not making something that provides zero benefit to FGW (in fact it annihilates it) work.

This is ultimately how things are going to go, I don't see any particular reason to expect things to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom