• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

130221984383.png

i mean, why didn't you just say bison to avoid the possible confusion?

...or maybe, it was all part of your plan...
Well Bison could've been Boxer too. He could've said Dictator though like the Japanese do it (Dictator, Claw, Boxer).

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Guys I think I'm in love with my co-worker.

Know her three days but she is driving me nuts already.

Day 1: Meet her, cutie but not my type, I say I like Street Fighter, she says she likes games too mostly Dragon Quest.

Day 2: Later in the day shes explaining to someone that I like street fighter, the person does not know what it is and shes all "Really!?" and names all the Street Fighter characters, then uses Dhalsim as the character to go into detail with naming all the moves and some BnB combos...

Shes on my radar now.

Day 3 (Today): Someone asks what my favorite SF character is, I say Vega (meaning Bison) and she completely knows there are name changes in the Japanese and International versions, so she starts singing Vega(claw) theme song.... heart totally swooning at this point. Realizes I meant dictator and says "ahh final boss" and hums his theme...Then later starts naming a bunch of gaming companies and their games....

I think I found the one guys!
settle it in smash

pixelish

Well Bison could've been Boxer too. He could've said Dictator though like the Japanese do it (Dictator, Claw, Boxer).

how would you answer someone who has asked you to name your fav. street fighter character if your fav. character is bison and the person who asked you has never played sf but knows most of the sf2 roster due to its pop culture popularity? would you just say bison? vega because that's the original name? or explain the entire lore about the name difference between the jp version and the intl version?

but then again, the girl he's into does know sim's bnb so i guess the 'someone' in my hypothetical question could not be applied to her

Kalamari

Day 1: Meet her, cutie but not my type, I say I like Street Fighter, she says she likes games too mostly Dragon Quest.

Day 2: Later in the day shes explaining to someone that I like street fighter, the person does not know what it is and shes all "Really!?" and names all the Street Fighter characters, then uses Dhalsim as the character to go into detail with naming all the moves and some BnB combos...

Shes on my radar now.

Day 3 (Today): Someone asks what my favorite SF character is, I say Vega (meaning Bison) and she completely knows there are name changes in the Japanese and International versions, so she starts singing Vega(claw) theme song.... heart totally swooning at this point. Realizes I meant dictator and says "ahh final boss" and hums his theme...Then later starts naming a bunch of gaming companies and their games....

Date money match her breh.

Shes on my radar now.

There is no money in fighting games er girlfriends.

Village

I'm shocked, absolutely shocked. I didn't play FF VII but I though Vincent was the Shadow of the game.
Not really? One because everyone in ff7 is sort of an edgelord. And two, i like shadow more than him being black and red. Color composition helps. Vincent is a different type of edge.The edge is an art.

mbpm1

Shes on my radar now.

FT50 for a date

I met my wife because a mutual friend convinced her to pretend to be my stalker. I was incredibly flattered, and we got to talking. It's all history from there...

I don't think I could be with a woman that didn't game, or at least that didn't respect gaming.

Since when did Super Turbo have a subtitle?

Always. In Japan it is "Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge" in America it was going to have the subtitle "The Ultimate Championship" but it never actually appears in the game. The text for that subtitle is in the game's code though.

Numb

nothing stops this nerf train.

This is what they get for letting us play the Beta first. Remember when Deejay's ex.Sobat crumpled on hit? lol
;__;7

Yea but I could be playing Laura tho

Getting the shakes thinking of the things they will do to Mika.
Laura gonna be OP since she didn't get the mandatory bullet to the knees
yet

notworksafe

nothing stops this nerf train.

This is what they get for letting us play the Beta first. Remember when Deejay's ex.Sobat crumpled on hit? lol
;__;7

Yea but I could be playing Laura tho

skip anime, play st

even if you go 0-2 at st it won't take longer than 2mins to play those matches :D

kirblar

Apparently Vega's been nerfed

Can't st.HP into claw change or something
It's his stance cancel from the first fierce hit. It was + or neutral on block before (while fierce was negative). Was blatantly dumb (and Floe's Floechart shows you how to absuse the shit out of it.) Having stance-cancelled normal with better frame advantage on block than the un-cancelled version was never going to fly since it was always correct to cancel. If you blocked the first hit, you were eating a wake-up mixup from Vega immediately afterward.

The stance cancel is now just a combo tool rather than a "do this every time because it gets you better frame advantage" tool, which seems to be the design intent. Autopiloting stance cancels instead of hit-confirming now gets you in trouble.

BadWolf

It's his stance cancel from the first fierce hit. It was + or neutral on block before (while fierce was negative). Was blatantly dumb (and Floe's Floechart shows you how to absuse the shit out of it.) Having stance-cancelled normal with better frame advantage on block than the un-cancelled version was never going to fly since it was always correct to cancel.

Yeah this restriction was expected.

Look at what Chin can do with his stance cancels for an example of why.

It's his stance cancel from the first fierce hit. It was + or neutral on block before (while fierce was negative). Was blatantly dumb (and Floe's Floechart shows you how to absuse the shit out of it.) Having stance-cancelled normal with better frame advantage on block than the un-cancelled version was never going to fly since it was always correct to cancel. If you blocked the first hit, you were eating a wake-up mixup from Vega immediately afterward.

The stance cancel is now just a combo tool rather than a "do this every time because it gets you better frame advantage" tool, which seems to be the design intent. Autopiloting stance cancels instead of hit-confirming now gets you in trouble.

Yeah, not seeing the problem with this.

Getting the shakes thinking of the things they will do to Mika.
Laura gonna be OP since she didn't get the mandatory bullet to the knees
yet
just gonna say it now; RIP MIKA
skip anime, play st

even if you go 0-2 at st it won't take longer than 2mins to play those matches :D
0-2 in less than 5 minutes. what a time to be alive.

they better nerf that rolling crystal flash while they at it

Is there going to be a build of sf5 at Canada cup?

Newest build with Dhalsim

kirblar

Are you saying you scrubbed in the beta and didn't punish it on block? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I expect Necalli mk stomp getting nerfed.
The rollback netcode + relative short recovery on stuff like RCF and Ken's LP DP actually seemed to a be a legit issue, I'm expecting them to add a small amount of recovery on moves that seemed to become virtually safe if you got a less-than-stellar connenction.

DunpealD

The rollback netcode + relative short recovery on stuff like RCF and Ken's LP DP actually seemed to a be a legit issue, I'm expecting them to add a small amount of recovery on moves that seemed to become virtually safe if you got a less-than-stellar connenction.

Input buffer already got increased. In RCFs case I believe that people don't manage to punish it, because blockstun is shorter than it looks.

Haven't tried MP DP yet, but I think LP DP isn't that bad because it has no invincibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom