• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

He drops pretty quickly after the LP DP, it's not as floaty as his other DPs on the way down (and SFV is way less floaty than SF4 overall.) The issue I and others ran into- on a bad connection, you block the DP, but you dont see that until hes almost back on the ground, so you don't have enough time to punish.
Why nerf Necali? He's ass
He's definitely not ass. (See: Alioune at #1 with him.)

DunpealD

Why nerf Necali? He's ass

Safe pressure with special that links into combo and does heavy damage.
Is even supposedly neutral on block in V-Trigger, while the HK one is supposedly + on block.

Current trend seems to be removing safe pressure off special cancels.

He drops pretty quickly after the LP DP, it's not as floaty as his other DPs on the way down (and SFV is way less floaty than SF4 overall.) The issue I and others ran into- on a bad connection, you block the DP, but you dont see that until hes almost back on the ground, so you don't have enough time to punish.

A ping filter might be a better solution. There is not much you can do to counteract lag. I wouldn't have anything against DPs having as much recovery as their HP counterparts though. Especially the MP reversal one.

Didn't he just win a SFV tourny with him too?

kirblar

A ping filter might be a better solution. There is not much you can do to counteract lag. I wouldn't have anything against DPs having as much recovery as their HP counterparts though. Especially the MP reversal one..
Yeah, agree you can't balance around bad quality. But a quality of life change that makes it easier to punish a DP? Sure, why not.
Is even supposedly neutral on block in V-Trigger, while the HK one is supposedly + on block.
HK (his launcher) is +3. I have no idea why.

petran79

Banned
back in my day you had about a minute of play before you had to pay 50c again if you lost. had to get good real quick, heh

kids these days with their animes and training modes and such >:|

Arcades gave me gameplay deprivation syndrome...
Now I live a dream: 30 minutes of gameplay and 2 minutes training mode!

On the other hand, 30 minutes of training mode for 2 minutes gameplay? Preposterous!

Numb

back in my day you had about a minute of play before you had to pay 50c again if you lost. had to get good real quick, heh

kids these days with their animes and training modes and such >:|

90% of the time watching other people play while bouncing from cabinet to cabinet.
Get the chance to play and lose quick then the watching starts again.
Making us into perfect stream monsters.

mbpm1

haha, why you gotta bring that up, I'm tryna eat here.

image.php

spot the placenta

kirblar

The difference in pacing between SF4 and SFV really is incredible. They've dramatically sped the game up without veering into Anime or Turbo Mode territory, which is awesome.

Numb

The difference in pacing between SF4 and SFV really is incredible. They've dramatically sped the game up without veering into Anime or Turbo Mode territory, which is awesome.

Thought it was slow at first it is the good kind of faster now.
Wouldn't mind a turbo button for casuals tho.

Marz

Alioune doesnt like SF4 since they weakened set-play and put the emphasis back on footsies and the neutral game so he cant fraud people out anymore with Cammy and other bullshit.

kirblar

Alioune doesnt like SF4 since they weakened set-play and put the emphasis back on footsies and the neutral game so he cant fraud people out anymore with Cammy and other bullshit.
This makes him taking on a fundamentals-based react/punish Honda-style character really funny.

BadWolf

Question: what does setplay mean?

When the player uses a pre-planned set of actions in a given situation.

Like how Tokido would start various set ups after knocking the opponent down pre-USF4 or how Sakura players would whiff a specific set of normals to start their set up after knockdown.

kirblar

that some new definition of setplay? sounds like setup to me

setplay used to just mean running long sets
Been the only one I've been exposed to, has tended to only really come up in Anime discussions since characters like Milia are so heavily based on it there.

Dahbomb

Question: what does setplay mean?
The actual definition is that it's a planned offensive movement to be executed in certain situations. Generally used in sports after say a time out or when someone gets a corner kick/free kick in Soccer.

In fighting games that situation is usually after a knock down (or other similar situations like a character dying in team games). You knock down someone then you execute a set play or a set up as it's more commonly used.

In SF4 set play used to be pretty prevalent because A) knock down time was actually pretty long, you could whiff a bunch of normals and do a full jump in on wake up safely 2) there were limited options for the person waking up and 3) there are quite a lot of moves that do hard knock down. All of these are altered in SFV though there might be newer forms of set plays in SFV (like air reset off of air juggle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom