• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Marz...

Bob Ross's mindset about painting/life is very inspiring. Its like listening to your good art conscience.

I feel fighting games are really expressive as well as competitive.

Kumubou

He (or a very blatant homage thereof) is in one of the stage backgrounds:
CShW_CTXAAAKzWN.jpg

CShW_dVWcAQhq04.jpg

Kalamari

Oh Marz...

Bob Ross's mindset about painting/life is very inspiring. Its like listening to your good art conscience.

I feel fighting games are really expressive as well as competitive.

I don't think it's inspiring at all, I think it's funny because the Bob Ross mentality is the exact opposite of the FG mentaility. To me, it just comes off as pure sarcasm.

Like I said, everything is anime.

Stop ittttttttt......

I don't think it's inspiring at all, I think it's funny because the Bob Ross mentality is the exact opposite of the FG mentaility. To me, it just comes off as pure sarcasm.

Not to over work/think, being present, let the painting come out and react to what is happening, practicing your craft and technique, having fun.
I don't think Boss Ross is sarcastic, I think he lays it on pretty thick but is trying to project a positive attitude which is something I struggle with.

Village

Yo imma need this geif outfit in 5. Edgelord geif is best geif apperently.

On the subject of anime, everything is or potentially anime. You could be anime right now, you might wanna check.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Did not know so many Japanese went to Canada Cup. But a lot of them are B tier players. I guess they went for the free drinks and great hospitality Lap Chi shows.

Tripon

Did not know so many Japanese went to Canada Cup. But a lot of them are B tier players. I guess they went for the free drinks and great hospitality Lap Chi shows.
Hagejin and Katsunedj are there on /r/kappa dime. Misse paid for his flight ticket, but /r/kappa paying for his own room, so he decided to also rep the brand. storm kubo and Itazan are free agents who are not being paid to compete here.

K.Sabot

Played a lot of SCV with a friend today and been thinking of where the Soulcalibur series can go after V...

bounce this one around in the noggin for a second:

Soul Edge 2

every other series is in the midst of simplifying, why not bring it back to basics? I'd be super down.

Tripon

Played a lot of SCV with a friend today and been thinking of where the Soulcalibur series can go after V...

Soul Edge 2

every other series is in the midst of simplifying, why not bring it back to basics? I'd be super down.
SCV was supposed to be Soul Blade/Soul Edge 2.

Soul Edge 2

Meaning...?

No more meter?

Or no more 8 way run?

K.Sabot

SCV was shackled to the previous games in both lore and mechanics despite attempting to be a reboot.

Take out a lot of the generous input buffer that SC added... maybe even go back to pre 8-way run (now that would be madness).

The game seriously needs a shakeup though, bring back the weapon meter lol.

SCV was shackled to the previous games in both lore and mechanics despite attempting to be a reboot.

Take out a lot of the generous input buffer that SC added... maybe even go back to pre 8-way run (now that would be madness).

The game seriously needs a shakeup though, bring back the weapon meter lol.
Sooooooo....Tekken with longer reach? No thanks.

AAK

No idea how well it was implemented for balance, but the Weapon meter in Soul Edge truly wowed me back in the day.

Hagejin and Katsunedj are there on /r/kappa dime. Misse paid for his flight ticket, but /r/kappa paying for his own room, so he decided to also rep the brand. storm kubo and Itazan are free agents who are not being paid to compete here.

I think Storm Kubo went only because he wants to get revenge on Itazan.

Dlent

Under Night in Pumpkin, carved by Norcal's TheBrett. I enjoyed SC2 and 5 so much I've thought about revisiting some of the older games, but I don't know how any of the others besides SC1 hold up.

petghost

Banned
I'm thinking less Tekken, more Bushido Blade with good controls than anything.

Like, make it simpler but deadlier ala SFV.

the premise of bushido blade is so rad...

but going back to it as an adult i cant figure out what the logic behind anything is. like what makes something actually connect, what makes something a 1 hit kill. its kinda a dice roll i think and there are no real mixups as far as i know. someone ought to make a bushido blade like game with a low mid high throw system ala 3d but the danger of original bushido blade.

Soul Edge 2

I was happiest with the series in the original SC and SC3 Arcade Edition would probably be my ideal to use as a base for the series based off everything I've read about it. I loathed SCV. Not sure what to make of Soul Edge (outside of the jazzy opening) as I only played it back before I took fighting games seriously and don't recall much of it outside of the windy grass stage and the weapon bars :/

but going back to it as an adult i cant figure out what the logic behind anything is. like what makes something actually connect, what makes something a 1 hit kill. its kinda a dice roll i think and there are no real mixups as far as i know. someone ought to make a bushido blade like game with a low mid high throw system ala 3d but the danger of original bushido blade.
Half the time I can't tell what's random and what's just the game being shonky :p
Went through a course of fights where I'd stab my friend right through the center of their chest with a spear and it'd only count as a glancing blow for heck knows what reason.
For all its flaws though I still have a soft spot for bushido blade though and it was always fun trying to smack your opponent's weapon to create an opening :3

One hit kill dueling games don't seem to be that popular. The best one I've played was the MovieBattles2 mod for Jedi Academy. Truly the best dueling system I've spent 4 years on (well really it's the only one).

A modern day Bushido Blade would be excellent as long as they don't compromise on the core concept (of killing your opponents with a single clean hit).

Sayad

Mago, Kazunoko, Fuudo, Tokido, Momochi and Bonchan are all there, they just didn't enter the 5v5 team tournament. F-Champ is probably making a video calling them out about it right now.

Mago, Kazunoko, Fuudo, Tokido, Momochi and Bonchan are all there, they just didn't enter the 5v5 team tournament. F-Champ is probably making a video calling them out about it right now.

Those guys are all about business now. They don't want to show anything before the main tournament. The only ones that enter in recent history has been Kazunoko and Momochi and I think Momochi only does it because of he has many teammate at these majors.

MrDaravon

TAS | Mamochu ‏@tas_mamochu 9h9 hours ago
been watching for two days...

CSoJUJrUsAAli-R.jpg
/dead

It's been pretty standard for years at this point for a lot/most of the top Japanese players to not enter team tournaments, so I don't think there's much controversy there.

Also apparently Nemo has left BE, I thought he had a while back but I guess not?

ねも ‏@GOOD_NEMO 52m52 minutes ago
Finished my activity of BlackEye.
I leave BE for my stepping up so I'll continue to do my best.
Please keep cheering for me.Thank you.

Tripon

Nemo said he was leaving at the end of the month. It is now the end of the month. Rumor has it that he wants a Red bull sponsorship.

One hit kill dueling games don't seem to be that popular. The best one I've played was the MovieBattles2 mod for Jedi Academy. Truly the best dueling system I've spent 4 years on (well really it's the only one).

A modern day Bushido Blade would be excellent as long as they don't compromise on the core concept (of killing your opponents with a single clean hit).

Think the last 'instant kill' fighter I played that I enjoyed was the Deadliest Warrior game back on xbox live. It was rough as all heck and not remotely competitive but surprisingly fun and easy to get even some of the most staunchly anti-fighting game people to play. It's janky and definitely a budget title but if you want a silly game with some intensely fast deaths then it's not a bad thing to pull out from time to time. I wouldn't bother with the sequel though, as nonsense-filled as the original can be the rock paper scissors grappling system they added in the second one plus a few other changes really took what little illusion of their being skill to it out of the game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom