• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Chun combo is sweet. I hope Capcom continues to explore crush counters as a way to add interesting, on the fly, combo options for each character. I wish Bison could do c.HK crush, j.MP, j.MP, Psycho Inferno. That would create some really hype moments for reads. I think creating situations like those is key for the game having viewer hype. Hype is all about the unexpected combined with mastery.

From fans haven't been through hell and back to be even close to Nintendo fans.

How From fans hold their own when they get a few bad Souls games in a row or if Miyazaki retires will be a test of their fandom.
But you are validating them right now by pretending Armored Core doesn't even exist.

Just a panchinko game away from joining that Silent Hill/MGS/Konami published title tier.

WarRock

That is the worst looking fighting game in two generations. How can you even say the gameplay looks good when it's just a bunch of ABC combo strings?
I hope you know that Kyo has rekkas.

But yeah, shit looks awful and Chang was shown for whole 0,5 seconds, ugh. What the fuck have they done to Leona's design? The fact that the graphics are bad still pale to how horrible the art direction and character design this crap has. Holy shit.

From fans haven't been through hell and back to be even close to Nintendo fans.

How From fans hold their own when they get a few bad Souls games in a row or if Miyazaki retires will be a test of their fandom.
What about Tenchu fans? )=

WarRock

No Otogi fans
No Chrome Hounds fans
No Metal Wolf Chaos fans.

Only souls fans.

I'll just go listen to remember the good times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2tyuG3Mjm0
OG Xbox Japan only. Metal Wolf Chaos is the weirdest game because of that, not because of its content.

And hey, at least Armored Core got a somewhat recent (2012) and decent release, didn't it? Tenchu has Shadow Assassins (that I love but everybody else hates), that shitty DS spin off and a experimental-create-your-character 360 exclusive that nobody wanted. All of that before 2010 )=

ShinMaruku

I'm very sad I missed first beta weekend.
It was glorius. Try to make it in next week. It's gonna be even better!

He has good taste in Ibuki and Karin. Though I can never follow his Juri love.
Karin and Ibuki are love and life.

Oh, man:
Mai reveal thread gonna be glorious.
She should be at PSX or when they actually do the characters justice.

Best part about it is it's an assassin! <3

Karin and Juri are cool.
Seems people can't side with the man 100% on anything.
That is fine. As long as one of the queens gets love.

ShinMaruku

It's all #acceptabletargets
It means nothing.
But Ibuki and Juri? They mean everything. What you lot think they'll get from Omega mode?

Dahbomb

But it IS true. A person would have to be completely naive to think that the top tier characters haven't been dissected already. There's nothing worthwhile to discover with them at this point in the game's life, or at least nothing that would shake the scene up. That isn't to say that your other reason is wrong, but don't ignore the obvious.
I was saying that the slight character variety right now is due more to different players winning rather than top tiers being figured out. I don't disagree with the fact that top tiers have reached near their peak and there's less room for their development.

Well except Viper of course.

Listening to UltraChenTV talk about Sim. So he is not like any iteration of Sim but as a stance character.

I think what gets me is that, I thought his playstyle as timeless as ryu, harass with standing MP, LK, and back HK if they jump. I guess that is no more.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Just saw this in the 4chan /vg/ thread. Chun gonna be a high execution character in SFV.

I don't think that works unless it's a counterhit though, my experience with the chun legs tech was that she was safe or + on block though so the concept of making her instant overheads safe and even getting a combo from it is quite intriguing.

I hope it stays unknown and doesn't get taken out/changed to be useless

Haunts please, don't let Capcom change this. This actually looks like the game will expand greatly. Although, it does look a little impractical to a certain degree, but that was said about infinites in marvel.

Indeed. The guy might be better off on some other forum where he can post lewd images with reckless abandon.

Leave Shin alone, I love it when people are honest as fuck with themselves and don't let any others tell them otherwise. We're in community right now and as long as Shin doesn't get the hammer warning from Shouta, he's good in my book. I swear, some people call out this stuff while they know they love this shit just like the rest of us in the shadows lol (not calling you out specifically kalamari, you just make me hungry each time I see you). Its the internet man.

ShinMaruku

I hope Ibuki gets the grounded shuriken toss and Juri gets the fuhajins :D
Hopefully as vtrigger type things. :)

Leave Shin alone, I love it when people are honest as fuck with themselves and don't let any others tell them otherwise. We're in community right now and as long as Shin doesn't get the hammer warning from Shouta, he's good in my book. I swear, some people call out this stuff while they know they love this shit just like the rest of us in the shadows lol (not calling you out specifically kalamari, you just make me hungry each time I see you). Its the internet man.
:) I find it key to be yourself.
I don't see what is so much about some of these pics when there is nothing overly lewd about them.
That said if you are afraid of this at work, I think anything about this place would be frowned upon.

If anything, being in community sorts out the kinds of people that are too lazy to be bothered to click buttons, which is apparently 1/3 of the posters in FGW.

But if shin actually wants to be a good poster he should put his lewd images in quote boxes so they don't get quoted when the post gets quoted, and it's generally a good practice since it doesn't blow up the page formatting because it auto resizes.

MrDaravon

See, they need guests now. When's Floe? When's Strider? When's Bobby Scar as "Mike Ross" that Mike Ross will then act out dating scenarios with?

Floe as a guest regarding dating questions would either be the best thing or worst thing of all time, not sure which.

Tizoc

This is the sexiest FG related thing ever
tumblr_nkkviftRBX1rcb09yo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom