• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Listening to UltraChenTV talk about Sim. So he is not like any iteration of Sim but as a stance character.

I think what gets me is that, I thought his playstyle as timeless as ryu, harass with standing MP, LK, and back HK if they jump. I guess that is no more.
As moot as this sounds, 'Sim has been in a lot of games and generally played the same, I think they looked at how 'Sim played and realized that in his case you can't do the same thing again and thus decided to change him up.
IMHO I think it is for the better as it makes him stand out.
Speaking of which, SFEX Dhalsim had a bunch of interesting moves given to him
FaroffGiantDunnart.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Ofgzu2tw8

I should have guessed it would be much different after seeing Ken and Vega but not that different in terms of arched fireballs and 45 degree normals and huge glaring blind spots that are supposed to be covered by your v trigger float. The mindset to me is making hard reads vs staying solid and holding your defense till you can get free.

What I liked about Sim is that there are areas where "its my turn to play" and empowering but then "Put up a good defense" when they are up close.

I also wonder what Guile would be like; I thought his philosophy was using the boom as a limb and having two solid anti airs. He has two special moves and feel linear to learn but really tough to master.

Marz

Was watching Pro Talk, when a Professor Beef popped up on the screen. Knew that was gonna be mad free, even Yams would have done better lmao.

Dont know why everyone getting so hype over that Momochi jab ex tatsu combo i went i to training mode that combo is super easy.

Chang looks pretty sick, ive always liked watching people play him on videos interested in trying him out...is he a grappler)?

Negaduck

I should have guessed it would be much different after seeing Ken and Vega but not that different in terms of arched fireballs and 45 degree normals and huge glaring blind spots that are supposed to be covered by your v trigger float. The mindset to me is making hard reads vs staying solid and holding your defense till you can get free.

What I liked about Sim is that there are areas where "its my turn to play" and empowering but then "Put up a good defense" when they are up close.

I also wonder what Guile would be like; I thought his philosophy was using the boom as a limb and having two solid anti airs. He has two special moves and feel linear to learn but really tough to master.

Can you cancel normals with v-skill? Like end a block string with float and then drill down or air yoga flame (is ex the only version you can do in the air) or teleport back?

The large gameplay change is pretty strange but I'm excited to try out the new Sim.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Is Pro Fluke just playing sloppy, or does he actually just not have the ability to pull off the stuff the character requires for high damage output and is just hard-nosing his way despite it?

Apart from desk, he's got the highest number of RSF loops I've seen in a single combo. His pad died at the start of canada cup, and it definitely affected his execution.

Mizerman

Was watching Pro Talk, when a Professor Beef popped up on the screen. Knew that was gonna be mad free, even Yams would have done better lmao.

Dont know why everyone getting so hype over that Momochi jab ex tatsu combo i went i to training mode that combo is super easy.

quick%20change%20the%20channel%20zangief%202.gif

vulva

Chang looks pretty sick, ive always liked watching people play him on videos interested in trying him out...is he a grappler)?

You were able to reaction whiff punish adon's roundhouse with jab in the middle of a tournament match?

FACE

Banned

Is this sarcasm?

Amedo310

Do you know the differences between 02UM on 360/PS2 (I'm assuming they're the same) and 02UM Tougeki ver. ?

The PS2 Tougeki version is visually superior to the xbox 360 version. It has color edit, 3d backgrounds, and og kof02, but it has one or two small bugs that were fixed in the later console.

I'm free as fuck in the Hawk mirror. *shrug*

And lol @ the second part of your post. Complete mental whiff.

K.Sabot

I don't know I did that like 20 times a day with Makoto doing cr.mp buffer ex hayate. Daigo just figured out a game plan against st.hk is all.

It's not hard to do. The hard part is spacing yourself properly and timing it right.

You can tell he already had the idea because of the whiffed stLK immediately after stLP in the moment before. He was clearly anticipating it, but Gamerbee didn't notice. A crHP from Adon would've gotten Daigo out of that mindset and pushed him out (of course, that could lose to e.ryu crMK... etc).

K.Sabot

God damn Lost Soul is straight up RUNNING New York now.

His play is just about perfect, which is saying a lot because he's playing Guilty Gear.

Rhapsody

Banned
God damn Lost Soul is straight up RUNNING New York now.

His play is just about perfect, which is saying a lot because he's playing Guilty Gear.

Out of the the US Elphelts, he's definitely the one US player that's trying to play how Elphelt currently is in Japan.
Everyone else is really far behind and sticking with old Elphelt tech.

Dahbomb

Random UMVC3 set I found that was interesting.

Airborne vs Charlemagne

Charlemagne uses team Norcal but Airborne uses Spider Man/Dormammu/Shuma. The synergy is some what legit here and Spider Man is doing a lot of work.

Warning not the highest level of play here, lots of dropped combos and stuff.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You can tell he already had the idea because of the whiffed stLK immediately after stLP in the moment before. He was clearly anticipating it, but Gamerbee didn't notice. A crHP from Adon would've gotten Daigo out of that mindset and pushed him out (of course, that could lose to e.ryu crMK... etc).

I mean that's why I enjoyed it. Did it in his face like 4 times and ended up working out anyways. I found it more funny than impressive

MrDaravon

Just got prompted for a SFV Beta update that's 2.3 gigs. If this was a fluke it'll be down again by the time this finishes downloading lol. Just as well since I'm on wireless right now, I've got to physically move something to get the PS4 on wired like last time it was up.

Nope, there's a tutorial with SF1 costumes.

No idea on PC.

Whoa really? Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom