• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1594

I remember reading a list of them but sadly that was years ago, and I forgot which site listed them :/
I read some bug/infinite romovals for certain characters
The PS2 Tougeki version is visually superior to the xbox 360 version. It has color edit, 3d backgrounds, and og kof02, but it has one or two small bugs that were fixed in the later console.
The point wasn't to be faithful to the arcade was it? it's not relevant to me but how is the balance?

MrDaravon

Yeah the beta itself isn't up, it automatically puts you into the story/tutorial thing and then that's it.

The story stuff gave me hope that Ono's talk about wanting the Story mode to be much better/more fleshed out will actually pan out though.

Tizoc

That's SFAlpha, not SF1. And I hate that Gouken had Denjin before Ryu )=

I think I get what you mean. Going by the SF Assassin's Fist movie, and how Gouken encouraged his students to expand their styles on their own, Ryu learning the Denjin himself is much better.

Rainy

Banned
It's nice now that offline WNF is back. Too bad I can't stay up late enough to watch it now that I live on the east coast though.

WarRock

I think I get what you mean. Going by the SF Assassin's Fist movie, and how Gouken encouraged his students to expand their styles on their own, Ryu learning the Denjin himself is much better.
Yeah.

As it stands, nothing Ryu can do is his thing. Ken learned how to put fire in his Shoryuken and the Shinryuken. SF3 gave Ryu Denjin Hadouken, and now V is giving him a whole Denjin mode... but SF IV established that Denjin Hadouken is Gouken's move, so Ryu learned both the Shin Shoryuken and the Denjin from his master.

He subdued the Satsui no Hadou before SFII but still can't develop his own techniques, come the fuck on Capcom.

K.Sabot

Spent the past day reorganizing my beta 2 notes into a Chun-Li matchup evernote, almost half way done (had like 12 full non double spaced pages in Microsoft Word, absolutely 0 organization just wrote whatever I noticed).
Went over my notes again with the help of the beta 2 frame data to confirm a lot of what's in my notes.

There are a few characters I don't have a lot of notes for (mostly Rashid / Beta 2 Birdie), but I found the general game plan didn't really change all that much from beta 1 to 2, and the closer to release the less drastic the changes should be so I expect this to be of some use at release. I do plan on going back through this at release, hopefully using it as a contribution to the srk matchup thread when that comes.

Preview featuring Ryu, Ken, Bison, Cammy, Nash and some of Birdie.

Should be finished with this by Friday, has been a lot of fun. Always love writing out notes for fighting games.

edit: Loooool bodied by Evernote maintenance. Evernote my ass, first time I've seen it down.

MrDaravon

It's nice now that offline WNF is back. Too bad I can't stay up late enough to watch it now that I live on the east coast though.

Yup, being on the east coast means I virtually never saw WNF, and that trend will continue sadly. That part of it is what it is, but I'm surprised it starts so late locally; even if I lived in that area I'm not going to a tournament on a Wednesday night that starts at 9PM, people have work and shit.

Maybe I should take up Tekken.

petghost

Banned
melty is so rad. i wish i had discovered this game like 6 years ago. akiha vermillion and walachia are the two chars im working on

Amedo310

I read some bug/infinite romovals for certain characters

The point wasn't to be faithful to the arcade was it? it's not relevant to me but how is the balance?

The console tougeki version was suppose to be exactly like the arcade version. The PS2 tougeki version had a bug with foxy that is in the original 02UM. Balance is still the same through all the versions. The usual suspect like K' and nameless being top tier.

Changes from UM to UMT.
- Hinako inifnite is gone ( no more link of C, FW A )
- Daimon roll qcb K isn t invincible and unthrowable anymore
- Heidern D/U charge as a slower startup
- Ramon bug crossover sprite
- Kyo 2C air attack as been fixed (no more double hit)
- Kasumi bugs with K', Maylee, Yuri etc... are gone
- Whip qcfx2 P damage scaling on billy as been fixed (full damage now)
- no more bug while mirroring fireball with Athena, Vanessa, Chin, Seth (break CD damage don t change now after mirroring a fireball)
- Yuri slash a longer recovery
- Chris MAX2 bug has been fixed
- foxy still has her bug in left corner , her SDM follow up doesn t come out

Oh there's is one other different between the PS2 and 360. The ps2 version is poorly optimized to work on harddrives. It the only SNK game that will never get a PS2-Classic edition due to ps3 harddrive fucking up look of the game, random off-sync sounds, and random freezes.

K.Sabot

I remember someone's avatar being one of these from earlier.

These are all great.
spot the one that shows I got this link from 4chan

edit: actually there are 2 that show I got this from 4chan and don't look at this at work lol

Zissou

Spent the past day reorganizing my beta 2 notes into a Chun-Li matchup evernote, almost half way done (had like 12 full non double spaced pages in Microsoft Word, absolutely 0 organization just wrote whatever I noticed).
Went over my notes again with the help of the beta 2 frame data to confirm a lot of what's in my notes.

There are a few characters I don't have a lot of notes for (mostly Rashid / Beta 2 Birdie), but I found the general game plan didn't really change all that much from beta 1 to 2, and the closer to release the less drastic the changes should be so I expect this to be of some use at release. I do plan on going back through this at release, hopefully using it as a contribution to the srk matchup thread when that comes.

Preview featuring Ryu, Ken, Bison, Cammy, Nash and some of Birdie.

Should be finished with this by Friday, has been a lot of fun. Always love writing out notes for fighting games.

edit: Loooool bodied by Evernote maintenance. Evernote my ass, first time I've seen it down.

This is good stuff- looking forward to more!

Marz

It's not hard to do. The hard part is spacing yourself properly and timing it right.

You can tell he already had the idea because of the whiffed stLK immediately after stLP in the moment before. He was clearly anticipating it, but Gamerbee didn't notice. A crHP from Adon would've gotten Daigo out of that mindset and pushed him out (of course, that could lose to e.ryu crMK... etc).

I was kidding, but yea i dont think its that hard to whiff punish Adons roundhouse.

I wish Gamerbee would use Adon's sweep more, I feel like its really good especially with people always standing up vs him.

Tripon

pfEUs6v.png

I've been busy, tired and sick this week. The combo is leading me to not post a fight ing game thread this week. Here is the stream schedule for summit. Somebody else, please make a thread if you want.

pixelish

I've been busy, tired and sick this week. The combo is leading me to not post a fight ing game thread this week. Here is the stream schedule for summit. Somebody else, please make a thread if you want.

is topanga league happening this weekend as well? might make a fg tourney thread if it is.

Pompadour

man i kinda hope they keep this. i aint even gonna play her its just opens up interesting possibilities which is something i cant really say ive noticed the rest of the cast having a lot of.

This is way too good to be intentional. I didn't use EX dash upper or EX dash shoulder much in the neutral but if they have good hitboxes then you can catch whiffs and start big combos for free. I know regular dash shoulder mostly traded so the EX might not be that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom