• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

naw

scrolling through gaming front page looking for this thread only to see that we community now. damn

this match is crazy tho

hb lost badly to tonpy's viper in winners final but managed to secure a runback in grand finals.

after losing the first game with sakura, he finally decided that it's time to showcase his counterpick character for the first time (i think) aka ryu. his ryu was really clean and managed to win 3 games straight as well as reset the bracket but winning 6 games off tonpy was pretty difficult. (final score: 1-3, 3-1 to tonpy)

HB always played Ryu in Australia (till he played Daigo in a mirror), so not so much a counterpick as going back to old faithful.

No

Infiltration is many gods.

Shop this with Infinite Infiltration faces.

latest

I feel ashamed I haven't payed attention to Ultra more this year with how the CPT is this year. I just really like this structure. It's literally like a playoff chase.

As shitty as it is, if people aren't posting in this thread because they don't have an interest in making an effort to participate, it's not a good argument for reinstating it back to gaming, since everyone else makes do with the system without needing special treatment.

It's like PL saying coaching is unfair because he doesn't have friends

Most other threads that get moved to OT don't make do, they just accept their fate. I think FGW is only complaining because it had special treatment pulled out from under it.

peter0611

Does anyone else besides Daigo and Momochi have a good record against Infil (recently)? Those are the only two who I think are capable of beating him at Capcom Cup. He's looking unstoppable with these solid counter-picks.

pixelish

i'm surprised louffy has won as many events as infiltration

acekingoffsuit ‏@acekingoffsuit 4m
Scary #CPT2015 stat of the day: 32% of this year's CPT events have been won by two people; @INFILTRATION85 and @MD_Louffy.

Tripon

Luffy has been going to every European ranking event, while guys like Infiltration has been choosing American ranking events to snipe when he chooses to out of Asia. Luffy is also helped out by Ryan Hart and Valmaster choosing to not enter events due to personal life taking over.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Does anyone else besides Daigo and Momochi have a good record against Infil (recently)? Those are the only two who I think are capable of beating him at Capcom Cup. He's looking unstoppable with these solid counter-picks.

Not really... He's leveled up tremendously with a lot of his characters. Juri, Hugo, Abel, Akuma (we haven't seen much of), Chun-Li, Ryu (rare pick), Evil Ryu (rare pick), and I'm not too sure if I'm missing any characters. He hasn't popped out a Hakan since the last EVO he won which was 2012 or 2013 if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure the other top players are beginning to realize this and so are preparing for the inevitable counterpick/pick a different character to ruin your flow.

Bonchan, Gamerbee, and although Tokido hasn't done it much he has the potential too. I forgot, but Nemo and Sako also beat Infilration's Decapre.

If you can beat his Decapre you have a better chance at winning because his decapre just steamrolls over a lot of players. It's better to play his other characters over Decapre. For example, the Japanese monsters outside of the ones that we all mentioned get steamrolled by his Decapre to the point where they're just confused on how to approach the matchup. If Infiltration were to use his other characters, they would likely fair a bit better.

Tripon

Not really... He's leveled up tremendously with a lot of his characters. Juri, Hugo, Abel, Akuma (we haven't seen much of), Chun-Li, Ryu (rare pick), Evil Ryu (rare pick), and I'm not too sure if I'm missing any characters. He hasn't popped out a Hakan since the last EVO he won which was 2012 or 2013 if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure the other top players are beginning to realize this and so are preparing for the inevitable counterpick/pick a different character to ruin your flow.
Infiltration went Hakan against Sako in Cannes Winter Clash's losers finals and Sako easily won it.

Is the next SF5 character reveal at TGS?

Most other threads that get moved to OT don't make do, they just accept their fate. I think FGW is only complaining because it had special treatment pulled out from under it.

I have to agree with you, it is just some petty complaining. There are absolutely no legitimate reasons that you have conveniently decided not to acknowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom