• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marz

I always wanted to see somebody master Decapre, but playing her in a defensive ground based kind of style.

Not scrambling around like an idiot. Like i know her normals arent amazing but i feel like with her walkspeed and hands plus ultras she could be a beast.

mbpm1

I always wanted to see somebody master Decapre, but playing her in a defensive ground based kind of style.

Not scrambling around like an idiot. Like i know her normals arent amazing but i feel like with her walkspeed and hands plus ultras she could be a beast.

She is a beast in that area I think. But nobody knows how to deal with scramble except for Daigo or Bonchan so yeah, just teleport everywhere I guess

Rhapsody

Banned

cr.MK into hands is so annoying though

mbpm1

SF4 - "might as well"

image.php

ain't that the truth.

like in sfv so far, I can only see 1 or 2 "oh I have this, might as well just do it over and over at random intervals" moves. Like Rashid's LP spin, I don't expect it to be as good at release.

The spin is fine right now. It's -2 or -3 or something like that (you can't throw punish it but it has disadvantage). Once you know that and recognize it, you can mash out of anything he might try (except ex spin/super of course).

K.Sabot

The spin is fine right now. It's -2 or -3 or something like that (you can't throw punish it but it has disadvantage). Once you know that and recognize it, you can mash out of anything he might try (except ex spin/super of course).

You're probably right, but it's still way better than Bison's LK scissors in Beta 2 for some reason.

petghost

Banned
All I'm saying is that he got all these brand new interesting sounding mechanics like a slayer dash etc. Then you watch a match and it's all cr.mp scissors and blah.

K.Sabot

All I'm saying is that he got all these brand new interesting sounding mechanics like a slayer dash etc. Then you watch a match and it's all cr.mp scissors and blah.

Well the good news is that cr.mp scissors is -4 at best now ( or at least in beta 2).

Anne

He probably wouldn't look boring if they hadn't given us the ridiculous E3 build of him out the gate :p

He's far more interesting than SF4 Bison at least.

The fact that they have nerfed most of his new interesting stuff is lame, I agree. They should encourage players to be more versatile with him. Why not make Head Stomp a motion input? Bring Beta 1 Inferno back, make c.HK crush again, and make Psycho Blast leave a little motionless projectile in front of Bison, and he would be pretty goddamn interesting. If that seems too strong, just buff everyone else to that level.

petghost

Banned
Yeah that's kinda my problem with 5 atm is that there very few tools that make me feel like jeez this opens up a lot of creative opportunities. Things sound great on paper but in reality even something seemingly exciting like ryus parry is kind of mundane in reality.

I like fgs where when I pick up a character I'm immediately overwhelmed by the possibilities their moveset implies.

jerry1594

The console tougeki version was suppose to be exactly like the arcade version. The PS2 tougeki version had a bug with foxy that is in the original 02UM. Balance is still the same through all the versions. The usual suspect like K' and nameless being top tier.

Changes from UM to UMT.
- Hinako inifnite is gone ( no more link of C, FW A )
- Daimon roll qcb K isn t invincible and unthrowable anymore
- Heidern D/U charge as a slower startup
- Ramon bug crossover sprite
- Kyo 2C air attack as been fixed (no more double hit)
- Kasumi bugs with K', Maylee, Yuri etc... are gone
- Whip qcfx2 P damage scaling on billy as been fixed (full damage now)
- no more bug while mirroring fireball with Athena, Vanessa, Chin, Seth (break CD damage don t change now after mirroring a fireball)
- Yuri slash a longer recovery
- Chris MAX2 bug has been fixed
- foxy still has her bug in left corner , her SDM follow up doesn t come out

Oh there's is one other different between the PS2 and 360. The ps2 version is poorly optimized to work on harddrives. It the only SNK game that will never get a PS2-Classic edition due to ps3 harddrive fucking up look of the game, random off-sync sounds, and random freezes.
Forgot to say thanks for the info. Tougeki version would be the one to get then? If the steam version is a port of 360. Should one show up somewhere for a decent price.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Was watching Pro Talk, when a Professor Beef popped up on the screen. Knew that was gonna be mad free, even Yams would have done better lmao.

You shouldn't be talking shit before I put you in your place Marz, I'll make you realize why you play SF4 on PS3 instead of 360 or PC.
Its so you don't have to face any of the good players on there.
I'm done for the evening.
datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

Final Round Pre-Reg is up. The game list
CTD_IS9XIAAJmZ8.jpg

Definitely interested in going to Final Round. Have to make plans to go to SEAM and Combo Breaker.

Marz

You shouldn't be talking shit before I put you in your place Marz, I'll make you realize why you play SF4 on PS3 instead of 360 or PC.
Its so you don't have to face any of the good players on there.
I'm done for the evening.
datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

I play on ps3 n 360 dawg

Playing m. bison in sfiv was all about spacing and pressuring the opponent from varying distances, usually from medium range or long range. Aggression didn't matter nearly as much as cutting off where the player could move next. He can apply pressure up close, but his normals weren't there for brawling.

Bison in sfv is all about constant pressure and stopping your opponent outright, instead of cutting off movement or spacing options.

K.Sabot

I just hope Capcom has a more concrete idea of character and system balance in the next 3 months before release.

Like, it'd suck to see stuff like forced counterhit on whiffed/blocked shoryus randomly get taken out a month before release because that'd mean they're still scrambling to decide on big balance related stuff before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom