• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amedo310

Forgot to say thanks for the info. Tougeki version would be the one to get then? If the steam version is a port of 360. Should one show up somewhere for a decent price.

Yes, the steam version is just a pc port of the 360 version. Both steam and 360 are the tougeki version. The original KOF02um only came out on ps2, so there is no need to worry about mistaken the original version with the tougeki version, unless you still play on a ps2.

Luckily, the steam version can be modded with scanlines with the help of this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360394186&insideModal=1
All the steam kof games can be use the scanline mod.

Kalamari

Man, Max's Bob Ross impersonation is some inception type shit. If you think about it, Max is like the Bob Ross of fighting games.

Nightii

Banned
Huh, that Max Ross video just reminded me, what's the deal with the default palettes in the character select screen in Super Turbo? And how do I get the true default colors for Ryu and the others? It's always been a minor annoyance for me.

petghost

Banned
I'm really excited for SFV to come out and a lot of the expectations about characters end up to be pretty off.

yeah you probably right i never woulda dreamed that chun could do that thing off crush counter in that vid k.sabot (i think?) posted. game will open up.

Huh, that Max Ross video just reminded me, what's the deal with the default palettes in the character select screen in Super Turbo? And how do I get the true default colors for Ryu and the others? It's always been a minor annoyance for me.

you have to do the code to play the regular super versions of the characters. yeah it's annoying.

jerry1594

Yes, the steam version is just a pc port of the 360 version. Both steam and 360 are the tougeki version. The original KOF02um only came out on ps2, so there is no need to worry about mistaken the original version with the tougeki version, unless you still play on a ps2.

Luckily, the steam version can be modded with scanlines with the help of this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360394186&insideModal=1
All the steam kof games can be use the scanline mod.
Sound good
mrgreen.gif
thanks for the info. Might pick up the ps2 version too, I still use it often.
The "true" colors are the old versions of the characters you get by inputting a code. They play differently and don't have super/throw softening.
Old.char.codes2.png

Anne

yeah you probably right i never woulda dreamed that chun could do that thing off crush counter in that vid k.sabot (i think?) posted. game will open up.

Not even stuff like that tbh, just like the fact things are relative. We know things that look good but we don't know how good they are relative to what the stupid shit is we'll find. Like Bison's boring shit might end up being really useful or his gameplan might work differently cause he deals with X thing specifically well.

Fighting games are cool. Like one or two months in we can find some new form of crouch teching that makes the way people have been doing pressure ass and now some other form of offense might be more favored. I'm pretty sure that type bullshit has happened in every version of SF ever if you look for it.

jerry1594

Phew, turned off avatars just in time. I hate change. Wish I could still see mine though.
Both PS2 versions came out only in Japan and the tougeki is really expensive. It be best to just play on steam or 360 if you live outside that country.
Yep Ive seen it, hence its a maybe, depending on how much time i actually put into the game and if I can find it for a decent price.

Rhapsody

Banned
Sometimes I wonder if Capcom's just letting us get watered down characters in the beta to try out. Keeping all the surprises of what the characters can do for the real release. None of these betas are really for the sole purpose of working out a balance roster anyways. They're probably more concerned with bugs, the network, etc.

Sometimes I wonder if Capcom's just letting us get watered down characters in the beta to try out. Keeping all the surprises of what the characters can do for the real release. None of these betas are really for the sole purpose of working out a balance roster anyways. They're probably more concerned with bugs, the network, etc.

Also if any character needs a buff at some point throughout the game's life they will be able to just revert one or two of these changes instead of having to come up with new stuff.

MrDaravon

It sounds like it's SFIV plus Marvel as the next possible master series.

This would make sense as an add-on event. Marvel by itself at this point, especially behind a paywall is fucking madness. I know lapchi is riding the high of Bee winning Canada Cup but come on man

Dahbomb

I would definitely watch that event but I am not paying for anything. I have never paid for a stream and I am not about to start now.

$15 is ridiculous. Lapchi sipping on that Kool-Aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom