• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

Any word about how long the beta is gonna last?

This is the third time I have been put into a match as Karin when I was practicing as Ryushid.

Was just put into a match as Rashid when practicing as Ryu.

shaowebb

Man I really wish there was a new Niitsuma game coming out sometime. I miss tag fighters with long combos, launchers and team building in 2.5d being the thing that was hitting soon. Still play TvC and Marvel 3 was a super fun ride and a big time for me as a player. Yeah the balance goes crazy eventually and distills to bizarre levels of shenanigans with his stuff, but he kept it exciting and folks genuinely wanted to play his games over and over.

Capcom vs Capcom, Another licensed crossover title...it wouldn't matter to me at this point. I'd like to see his next work and where he'd take his style of fighting games next.

MrDaravon

I just straight ragequit the SFV beta lol. Between the first beta being fucked and the second beta have downtimes that were total shit for me I've only gotten to play like 3-4 matches total, and with a character that's not in this one. So I seriously have barely any understanding of system mechanics beyond the Ryu tutorial thing (I haven't kept super up on media or watching beta videos/livestreams or anything).

Problem is the beta won't let me be in training mode for more than 2 seconds before throwing me into a match against people who have thousands of LP (?) that just utterly fucking destroy me. I literally never even got to see all of Chun's normal buttons, I got peed one round in 3 of the 4 matches I played. Like, I'm not salty because I'm losing, but the game won't even give me the chance to let me learn like...basic moves and shit. I don't care if I lose, but let me learn the goddamn moves game.

I guess it's nice they got the matchmaking worked out?

Edit: Was just informed in the beta thread about using the dummy recording to avoid getting put into matches. Too late for me tonight on that but good to know, wish I had known that earlier :(

I just straight ragequit the SFV beta lol. Like, I'm not salty because I'm losing, but the game won't even give me the chance to let me learn like...basic moves and shit. I don't care if I lose, but let me learn the goddamn moves game.

I guess it's nice they got the matchmaking worked out?

Had a similar problem when I played on the PC beta. 'Just wanted to practice for the two hours I could play, but I kept on getting matches. Luckily, all I needed as Birdie was his normals. Thems are strong.

MrDaravon

Had a similar problem when I played on the PC beta. 'Just wanted to practice for the two hours I could play, but I kept on getting matches. Luckily, all I needed as Birdie was his normals. Thems are strong.

Well I don't even care necessarily about being able to sit in Training Mode for hours or whatever at this point, would have just liked 5-10 minutes to get a feel for things.

CPS2

Man I really wish there was a new Niitsuma game coming out sometime. I miss tag fighters with long combos, launchers and team building in 2.5d being the thing that was hitting soon. Still play TvC and Marvel 3 was a super fun ride and a big time for me as a player. Yeah the balance goes crazy eventually and distills to bizarre levels of shenanigans with his stuff, but he kept it exciting and folks genuinely wanted to play his games over and over.

Capcom vs Capcom, Another licensed crossover title...it wouldn't matter to me at this point. I'd like to see his next work and where he'd take his style of fighting games next.
Yeah. I hope they do something like that this console generation. Closest thing is probably Xrd but I don't like how it plays online.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I would rather pay for a Tekken master series than a Marvel. Marvel isn't much of a global game because we have the top three best players in the world making the rest of the world underdogs. If someone on the U.S soil were to win it wouldn't be as hype because results were expected.

The tag fighter sub genre definitely needs some fresh Capcom and Lab Zero flavor. Skullgirls 2 and Capcom vs Capcom when? Let's just make sure Capcom doesn't fool us with lightspeed netcode again.

Kalamari

I just want the beta to put me into a match with the character that I am practicing with, is anyone else having that problem?

mbpm1

See this is the reason SFV is going down the drain.

All the calls for nerfs to strong characters instead of buffing weak characters.

Instead of nerfing R Mika or Chun, they should buff Cammy, Nash, Bison, and otherwise.

Combofiend pls, the people want strong tools.

kirblar

All the calls for nerfs to strong characters instead of buffing weak characters.

Instead of nerfing R Mika or Chun, they should buff Cammy, Nash, Bison, and otherwise.

The damage actually just seems to have been lowered a ton across the board. I'm not really a fan, I liked the high damage/stun a lot better.

Tripon

The boobs in SFV aren't anywhere near DOA level.

So things shake in the character select screen on P2. When you are actually fighting, there is none of that titillation that people seem to complain about at the moment.

The damage actually just seems to have been lowered a ton across the board. I'm not really a fan, I liked the high damage/stun a lot better.
Yeah, I would be cool with buffs across the board.

I'm still not decided on whether lights should link into mediums. On one hand, I respect that Capcom doesn't want lights to get mashed into major damage all the time. On the other hand, now everyone just mashes lights into a special instead, and the damage difference isn't that big. Furthermore, most of the game's lights have weak range, so it's not like mediums don't have their place.

I guess...I can't think of a good reason why lights shouldn't link into mediums. Is it about hit confirmation being too easy?

The boobs in SFV aren't anywhere near DOA level.

So things shake in the character select screen on P2. When you are actually fighting, there is none of that titillation that people seem to complain about at the moment.
True for most characters, but Laura is all over the place. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

man capcom is going overboard with removing options from this game, this game at this level IMO will not last long as SFIV and will get played out fast. Why remove things? casuals will mash anyway. SFIV minus 1 frame links and vortex dependent (for some character) wasn't so bad for beginners. Also wats up with lowering damage like crazy every build. Capcom really loved SFxTekken timeout /residentsleeper. Seriously SFV needs some serious work IMO and lot of top players seemed to agree with me on this based on their twitter and youtube videos. All this is IMO ofcourse.

Shun

Hori Hayabusa Buttons are currently doing Loketest at Taito centres starting 11/15. All Taito Machines and NESICA machines are eventually going to test and transition to new Hayabusa buttons.

Hori has yet to comment on console sticks, but the transition seems fast and may happen by mid 2016.

CTMrisrUcAA_MXU.jpg

Tripon

Hori Hayabusa Buttons are currently doing Loketest at Taito centres starting 11/15. All Taito Machines and NESICA machines are eventually going to test and transition to new Hayabusa buttons.

Hori has yet to comment on console sticks, but the transition seems fast and may happen by mid 2016.

CTMrisrUcAA_MXU.jpg
Guess I'm waiting to buy a new Hori stick.

Shun

They've been doing tests since August but the tests have become more frequent and Hori has been advertising more lately.

So transition is there, just needs to replace the current NESICA cabinets and get feedback before changing parts for console stick.

Hayabusa Lever/Stick is the same and still has good reception, won't be changing any time soon.

Shun

Why they dumping sanwa buttons?

Hori has used their proprietary Kuro buttons for 4-5 years now on Taito and NESICA cabinets. They've stopped using Sanwa/Seimitsu for a while unless specifically stated on SA/SE models.

They're switching from their controversial Kuro Buttons and redesigning and rebranding their new pushbuttons as Hayabusa Buttons to go with their Hayabusa lever.

Tripon

Hori has used their proprietary Kuro buttons for 4-5 years now on Taito and NESICA cabinets. They've stopped using Sanwa/Seimitsu for a while unless specifically stated on SA/SE models.

They're switching from their controversial Kuro Buttons and redesigning and rebranding their new pushbuttons as Hayabusa Buttons to go with their Hayabusa lever.
Are the hayabusa buttons supposed to be more sensitive or something?

Is this like contract stuff? They used to have a deal with sanwa?

Or are these hori buttons just better.

Shun

Are the hayabusa buttons supposed to be more sensitive or something?
They are lower than the Kuro buttons and are supposedly faster in response time and cut down wear and tear.

It's basically a redesign of the Kuro buttons and rebrand because of the reception they got from the Kuro Buttons. Likely an improvement and upgrade from their older buttons but they're receiving feedback on it via loketest.

They're taking customer satisfaction into account at the very least I guess.

I haven't really followed the reception for it yet because after loketest, you do a survey. I'll post reception and review when I can find one or make one since I haven't seen any yet for the Hayabusa buttons.

Is this like contract stuff? They used to have a deal with sanwa?

Or are these hori buttons just better.

It's a redo of their original proprietary buttons.

A few years ago Hori realised that they could make more ¥¥¥ by entering the Lever and Button market that Sanwa and Seimitsu currently compete in rather than license out and use SA/SE parts.

Hori decided to make their own lever and buttons and they currently have a contract and partnership with Taito to have their Hayabusa lever and buttons in EVERY TAITO and NESICA cabinet.

SEGA All NET. P.RAS Multi Cabinets and other cabinets still use Sanwa parts like the JLF and OBSF.

The Hayabusa lever in my opinion is better than the Sanwa JLF. The buttons were mixed reception, some liked them, others preferred Sanwa.

Hori took the criticism to heart and are redoing and rebranding their buttons to sell and are testing them on their contracted machines.

2020 at the earliest/never?
Yeah probably

I'd almost settle just for Lab Zero being alive in 2020, but I need Feng, Annie and Panzerfaust to be playable (I'll take Black Dahlia too). Gotta dream big. One day I'll get to use Rival Schools characters in a versus fighter and it'll be a great day.

I forget those two all the time. Whenever I say "versus fighter" I'm just too lazy to type out Marvel vs Capcom. TBF those two games are pretty different from one another and especially different compared to Marvel vs Capcom. Honestly, I'd say MvC3 has more in common with SG than it does with TvC and CvS at a glance. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, though. Crow is just the internet's way telling someone they just learned a good lesson.

For those of you who are going to be playing a new RPG that's coming out in the first week of December
(Xenoblade Chronicles X)
, don't go into the SF5 physics thread that's in General Gaming right now because there's unmarked spoilers for it (I haven't even played the game yet and it's obvious what this person is referring to despite them thinking they're being clever).

For those of you who are going to be playing a new RPG that's coming out in the first week of December
(Xenoblade Chronicles X)
, don't go into the SF5 physics thread that's in General Gaming right now because there's unmarked spoilers for it (I haven't even played the game yet and it's obvious what this person is referring to despite them thinking they're being clever).

wankers...

thank you for the warning

HardRojo

Guess I'm gonna have to start looking for a PS4 Hori stick to use when SFV drops.
About the jiggle, hopefully (for me) it'll be toned down a bit by the time the game is released, exaggerated amounts of jiggle are unnecessary imo.

man capcom is going overboard with removing options from this game, this game at this level IMO will not last long as SFIV and will get played out fast. Why remove things? casuals will mash anyway. SFIV minus 1 frame links and vortex dependent (for some character) wasn't so bad for beginners. Also wats up with lowering damage like crazy every build. Capcom really loved SFxTekken timeout /residentsleeper. Seriously SFV needs some serious work IMO and lot of top players seemed to agree with me on this based on their twitter and youtube videos. All this is IMO ofcourse.

As someone who didn't start playing seriously until SF4, I was always a little fearful of SFV because it meant the end of SF4. The first beta changed my mind. I found my long time character very fun to play(Ryu obviously) and I found the other characters pretty challenging as well since they seemed to have strong tools themselves. I thought this was the base game and the nerfs or buffs would be minor from this point forward. Since then it's been nerf city and hasn't stopped since then.

I'm really afraid that this is the final direction of the game until release. Speaking for Ryu only, I don't understand what they're doing to him. He doesn't have reliable hit confirms unless you're point blank with your opponent. I could live with that if he hit harder but he doesn't. His damage for normals and specials are either equal or less than what you get in SF4(mostly less though). So I have to try and fight other characters with a low forward that has less range, does less damage, and when canceled into fireball is very unsafe unless spaced near max range.

They want players to commit, but we're committing without the reward. No hit confirms(unless point blank), no oki, no stun, no damage(please don't bring up how confirming into Super is so good). Ok so I have no idea how other characters play and they may still be pretty good, this is just the rant of a long time Ryu player. I had to get all that out of my system. I'm probably going to buy SFV no matter what but I'm going to do it with a bitter taste in my mouth if the final version of the game is close to what we have right now.

Well their was one good thing I guess. Ryu seems to walk faster so pressuring with st. LK was kind of fun. I tried spamming that as much as possible because everybody is always hitting buttons so it was fun to see it land as a counter hit 3-4 times in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom