• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurlyW

Magus, Ultradavid, James Chen, Pattheflip, and others had a conversation on Twitter yesterday regarding the boobs in SFV. Conversation starts here: https://twitter.com/Magus1234/status/662732188887052289

Also Pattheflip linked this article where they interview AJ Lee about R. Mika: http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...-brooks-talks-grappling-costumes-video-games/

My personal opinion is that boobs are fine, and Laura is fine. However, the female characters in SFV are currently:

-New character with large bust
-Series mainstay, but with larger bust than previous iterations
-Fan favorite who is 20 years of age or younger
-Fan favorite who is 20 years of age or younger with gigantic bust

Individually each is fine. All together it's a bit much.

But you know what they say: You can't spell "fanservice" without SFV

Kalamari

Not gonna lie, I had to look up socjus.

For those out there that dislike scantily clad video game characters, I am sure there will be some less revealing costumes for Laura. I wonder if we will have to listen to Chen complain about Laura's boobs every time she shows up on stream.

Numb

3258257780_1_11_5cdbzOhf.gif

Boobs is alright but no ass.
smh

maybe they had to crop out the jiggle because the booty voxels were affecting performance

seriously capcom what the fuck. I don't get why that was changed when 2P float glitch has been in there for 6 months

Numb

maybe they had to crop out the jiggle because the booty voxels were affecting performance

seriously capcom what the fuck. I don't get why that was changed when 2P float glitch has been in there for 6 months

Capcom confirmed not about hometown.
Only about life like Shin.

ShinMaruku

I bet the people who said it was much, will now lament that it's gone. If they are they can kiss Mika's round ass. :p You get what is deserved :E

All the sudden talk of Mika being nerfed had me worried for a sec before realising it was just people being silly :p

They can tone Mika's appearance down all they want, as far as i'm concerned, as long as she remains an overly-energetic goofball :3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
first capcom removes Thor's secret mojo and corresponding juice it expels before MvC3's launch and now this

i am enraged

Tripon

God Beard words about a beta being more about balancing and not just 'nerfs' seem to be thrown out the window today on neogaf.
Edit: also, lol. Somebody made a thread on the butt slap.

Dlent

They should make the whole cast feel blatantly unfinished to get the point across, like the SkullGirls beta characters :p

kirblar

God Beard words about a beta being more about balancing and not just 'nerfs' seem to be thrown out the window today on neogaf.
The Ken's stuff's legit as a design complaint, in terms of "why does he have a run if all these other characters have super good command dashes/runs?" (Rashid/Laura/Karin)

I don't really understand what they're doing with him, given that he seemed to be a heavy pressure character originally.

One thing I'm picking up on w/ the design though- they REALLY want to make counter-hits matter in this game. When you look at Laura, suddenly she's getting all these very deliberate extra options off them. She's not the only one, and the Crush Counter stuff is the cherry on top.

petghost

Banned
Magus, Ultradavid, James Chen, Pattheflip, and others had a conversation on Twitter yesterday regarding the boobs in SFV. Conversation starts here: https://twitter.com/Magus1234/status/662732188887052289

Also Pattheflip linked this article where they interview AJ Lee about R. Mika: http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...-brooks-talks-grappling-costumes-video-games/

My personal opinion is that boobs are fine, and Laura is fine. However, the female characters in SFV are currently:

how ya'll gonna talk about tits when we got 3 chicks with absurd thongs...i mean they dont even make sense. laura why you gonna cut the asschecks out of your pants but have something on underneath while still having a thong on top of that. its fucking crazy, like something some crackhead who lives at a bus stop might do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Eh, GB's point was just the other extreme on the spectrum. They wouldn't be taking all these opportunities for people to get their hands on their game if they didn't also want feedback from the audience. Infinite faith in a small group of people biased one way is a historically bad predictor of how something manifests in a exponentially larger group of people biased another way.

Are they taking any Beta feedback? It feels like they just randomly turn on/off the servers whenever they feel like, and it takes forever to get into a game. And this is after the damn thing didn't work the first time when they had the most media attention, and allowed PC gamers to leak the whole damn DLC roster a year in advance.

This Beta rollout has been fuckin terrible.

You're not supposed to post magus tweets here curly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom