• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

CTPKQxhU8AAicmv.jpg
Wut.

https://twitter.com/FGCCalendar/status/663095960617091073

Zissou

I still feel like the burst damage from CAs is really high.

I dunno- ex moves have so much utility (playing as Chun, at least) that sacrificing ex to save for super is a hard decision to make. I like the frequency that people use supers now (as opposed to SF4 where they were almost never used).

It wasnt even + enough to be a safe string, though. You could jab through it every time. People keep treating it like it had no response for some reason.

Yeah, I don't get it. In the old build, if somebody did light knee press, I would just press any light and dic either had to block it, or he'd get hit if he tried to press anything. Despite this, when playing as him, you could somehow beat people by doing (cr.MP xx light knee press)*n and see the counterhit notification pop up over and over again. I kept thinking "what they hell are they pressing?! In their four or five attempts to mash out they didn't try a light once!"

petghost

Banned
this has nothing to do with fg's and is incredibly general but man i really dislike the giant bomb community. those people are huge bummers. their threads are a circle jerk way beyond what fgw ever got to.

Yeah, I don't get it. In the old build, if somebody did light knee press, I would just press any light and dic either had to block it, or he'd get hit if he tried to press anything. Despite this, when playing as him, you could somehow beat people by doing (cr.MP xx light knee press)*n and see the counterhit notification pop up over and over again. I kept thinking "what they hell are they pressing?! In their four or five attempts to mash out they didn't try a light once!"

I once got three counter hits in a row with Ryu just by walking up then using cr.MK, some people just bash their face against the buttons or some shit

K.Sabot

this has nothing to do with fg's and is incredibly general but man i really dislike the giant bomb community. those people are huge bummers. their threads are a circle jerk way beyond what fgw ever got to.

Yup. One of the most insular and annoying communities, I love Giant Bomb though, they're fine.

Also TToB I'm coming after your record.

jerry1594

Never opening another gaf fg thread other than tournaments or VF (impossible to shit up) ever again. The laughs dried up quick now it's just sad lol

K.Sabot

Simple as just waiting for the ''why'' from Capcom.
If it ever comes. Wasting energy otherwise.

You're talking about the people who don't post their own shows to youtube when someone references 801 Strider going ham on Skullzer as "abus[ing] that child".

They'll never say, and games media outlets will never ask because these types of changes are the trend atm.

Numb

You're talking about the people who don't post their own shows to youtube when someone references 801 Strider going ham on Skullzer as "abus[ing] that child".

They'll never say, and games media outlets will never ask because these types of changes are the trend atm.

Will be forgotten in a month or 2 hopefully.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I know I post in those threads myself, but god damn both ends of people arguing their shit in there gives me a god damn headache. Some people really shouldn't post if they don't know how to properly present an argument or look at things as a whole picture.

Numb

I'll remember it every time I do a critical art with her, that's for sure.

Plan to main her mostly and don't got the feels in that thread of people who probably won't even buy it.
About hometown too. It is weird and dissapointing but not ''pre-order cancelled'' lvls.

MrDaravon

I just can't at the buttgate thread

Over the years I've realized that it's just a gaming-side thing where people who don't really care or are casual at best at a topic go apeshit at perceived slights; look at any gaming-side thread for Destiny, Halo 5, etc etc. It's ridiculous. I feel like it's really gotten noticeably worse the last year or two, I guess since this gen launched.

I know I post in those threads myself, but god damn both ends of people arguing their shit in there gives me a god damn headache. Some people really shouldn't post if they don't know how to properly present an argument or look at things as a whole picture.
That one dude that went full gamergate was amazing. The people who also decided to take his post and pretend it represented half the thread's posts are also amazing. Today was amazing.
My contribution to the R. Mika booty censorship thread :p
Yep, everything is amazing. Now we just need Indivisible to have an amazing day as far as contribution numbers go. Weekends aren't the best for crowdfunds.

K.Sabot

I dunno what you're getting on about saying that in a thread where a bunch of people who care and are not casual are at least some modicum of upset at the decision.

mbpm1

That one dude that went full gamergate was amazing. The people who also decided to take his post and pretend it represented half the thread's posts are also amazing. Today was amazing.

Yep, everything is amazing. Now we just need Indivisible to have an amazing day as far as contribution numbers go. Weekends aren't the best for crowdfunds.

not as amazing as showebb's gif tho

Rhapsody

Banned

Which was the post? I just saw the thread.

I think it's silly that the west is pretty sensitive to this kind of stuff which is probably why they had to change up the super. But I'll live.

jerry1594

Which was the post? I just saw the thread.

I think it's silly that the west is pretty sensitive to this kind of stuff which is probably why they had to change up the super. But I'll live.

Nonsense, the butt slap was untouched for months. Most people didn't complain then they moved on. If Capcom cared about the minor backlash they would've changed it in an earlier build. And it's not like they don't listen to every aesthetic complaint people make. They'll change it back.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nonsense, the butt slap was untouched for months. Most people didn't complain then they moved on. If Capcom cared about the minor backlash they would've changed it in an earlier build. And it's not like they don't listen to every aesthetic complaint people make. They'll change it back.

Just liked they changed back Deadpool's voice clips from the earlier builds?

I can't remember how many builds they kept Deadpool's voice clips, but they never changed those back.

Oh, I remember seeing someone tweet this. Didn't see the context of it was back then until now.

K.Sabot

Yeah that dude just snapped lol

too bad it turned the next 2 pages into shit where people just quotebombed those posts to wring their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom