• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

the scared nutjobs are just nutjobs aka entertaining (fun to watch them self-immolate). the passive aggressive disdain posters aren't fun unfortunately.

Anne

How does a cinematic where there is no input from you take you out of the match?
Did any of the 80+ ultras ever manage that?

There are a lot of games with cinematic supers and stuff like them that actually have really big pacing or camera problems.

LordJim

There are a lot of games with cinematic supers and stuff like them that actually have really big pacing or camera problems.

Aside from length, like a 10 second ultra in SF4 or 10 second super in Melty, I cannot see how it can take you out of the match.
I am really curious

How does a cinematic where there is no input from you take you out of the match?
Did any of the 80+ ultras ever manage that?

When its something super stupid and long like hakan's u1/u2. There are plenty of long ultras in sf4 that just reset the flow of the match.

Not saying it will happen with this change, and I very much doubt it. I don't care if they change it to the current version or the old one.

Aside from length, like a 10 second ultra in SF4 or 10 second super in Melty, I cannot see how it can take you out of the match.
I am really curious
Like lets say if somebody super animation just looked so stupid and it was long enough that it just throws off momentum/flow of the match. Like getting hit with ryu's u1 is fine. Getting hit by akuma roflcopter isn't imo. (only because there is that long delay where damage comes in and the match starts again)

Anne

I am really curious

The big one is really jarring or sudden camera movements, or cinematic that disrupt where you actually are on screen and don't give you time to adjust. When people use the locked screen or messed up camera off supers in VS games to create ambiguous mix ups I always laugh pretty hard. I know some of that is intentional but still. Games that also have mega zoom in on an install then let the character act of it quickly (like Juri Ultra I) get special mention too. It's tempting to put some cool animation onto it, but letting them act immediately as the screen refocuses is kinda funny at times.

Other than that length and pacing is generally the issue but most devs these days aren't that stupid. Most. Examu sucks. Go watch Nitro+ Blasterz. It has every problem named between us and more.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Aside from length, like a 10 second ultra in SF4

Actually, this reminds me of something. One of my absolute favorite features of MvC3 is that all moves that lock you into a capture state (like throws and cinematic supers) are "immune" to time-overs; as long as the move connects before time expires, you're guaranteed full damage, even if the clock runs out before the move finishes.

Has anyone checked to see if this same behavior is in SF5?

LordJim

Actually, this reminds me of something. One of my absolute favorite features of MvC3 is that all moves that lock you into a capture state (like throws and cinematic supers) are "immune" to time-overs; as long as the move connects before time expires, you're guaranteed full damage, even if the clock runs out before the move finishes.

Has anyone checked to see if this same behavior is in SF5?

I think was just for the level 3 supers, not every capture super.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I think was just for the level 3 supers, not every capture super.

Every move with a capture state works like this, even normal throws and things like Taskmaster's QCF+S.

Furthermore, level 3 supers that don't cause a capture state (Zero, Arthur) don't do any damage after time-over.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People in the FPS world are complaining about unbalancing and OP classes, etc. Someone was like no one is going to play a game with broken stuff and I was like have you heard of Marvel?

People in the FPS world are complaining about unbalancing and OP classes, etc. Someone was like no one is going to play a game with broken stuff and I was like have you heard of Marvel?

People in the console competitive fps world tend to be very cautious when it comes to competitive settings. People in the FGC just let it rock.

Sayad

Dunno, I only ever liked console multiplayer shooters that had abusable broken stuff, probably due to the lack of interest to actually get gud when it comes to shooters. I stopped playing Uncharted 3 the moment they nerffed shooting without aiming, went from getting 24 or so kills in a single game to being the team's dead weight when I had to actually learn how to aim.

Marz

Sim mirrors will probably get really crazy with his V-Skill. Could see some aerial footsies that you never see in Street Fighter.

Tripon

At least one thing I learned from the Cammy thread was that Vesper Arcade shared that SFV was going to be rated M by the ERSB? Guess all the charges are reflected to get a Teen rating.

But I still don't get how SFV would have gotten the M rating in the first place. Shit was mad tame compared to other games that got a T rating like Segran Kagura.

Sayad

Is it even censorship? Taking her deformed crotch off the screen seems inline with trying to improve those end of match poses.

Horseress

Didn't the ERSB rating specified the boobs jiggled during the pre-match screen? So if I'm getting this right, the jiggle is ok but showing some ass is not? I'm not criticizing the changing but it is weird

NEO0MJ

Didn't the ERSB rating specified the boobs jiggled during the pre-match screen? So if I'm getting this right, the jiggle is ok but showing some ass is not? I'm not criticizing the changing but it is weird

I'm not sure how much the ass/crotch shot effected it but age rating agencies in general are weird and work in arbitrary and cryptic ways. Sometimes they won't even tell you what made your product an M rated game instead of a T one.

WarRock

At least one thing I learned from the Cammy thread was that Vesper Arcade shared that SFV was going to be rated M by the ERSB? Guess all the charges are reflected to get a Teen rating.

But I still don't get how SFV would have gotten the M rating in the first place. Shit was mad tame compared to other games that got a T rating like Segran Kagura.
Story mode is going to be full on Marvel Max.

Kalamari

People will play broken games if they are fun to play. If a game only gives crappy rewards for monotonous bullshit instead of fun gameplay, ain't nobody gonna play that shit.

jerry1594

I saw it said somewhere that Skullgirls had to tone down crotch/ass to get a T rating. Maybe SolarPowered can clarify.

I think the Cammy change is good - the angles just look more natural.

I liked the R. Mika ass slap. It was hilarious, and perfectly fit her personality.

Numb

Internet slacking and no one turned her into Jotaro with the point after the booty slap yet and Nadeshiko into Star Platinum behind her?

On the discussion of fighting games: interesting that Psycho Inferno is back to a motion input. I think that confirms that Capcom doesn't know what to do with the move. If it leads to untechable knockdown like Beta 2 Bison, it will at least have a place.

Shouta

Videogames kept me away from the R.Mika stuff yesterday.

If they're gonna change it, just stop being lazy and do it all the way, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom