• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Kbrad got Momochi's spot. Sucks for Latif who has been out in Japan since the beginning of the week. Or rather it sucks for anyone that's in Japan that doesn't get into the 64 man bracket. KBrad magically gets in. Looking at the bracket, that shit is free for Infiltration. It's funny that even though the tournament is stacked the following players aren't in there: Sako, Momochi, Michael Tan, Amiyu, Sekiganryu, Sasaki, Hagejin, Cantona, Yossan, Y., YHC Mochi, Darui, Rokkun, Juso, Kai, MDR, Ninomae, etc... well you get the point.

edit: Reiketsu also thinks it's messed up that Latif didn't get in even though he's going to be in Japan for like 20 days or so.

I thought Capcom said for the 2015 CPT they weren't going to do any more invite-only/trade show tournaments?

Hassun

Neo Member
http://www.4gamer.net/games/284/G028493/20150907067/

Kbrad got Momochi's spot. Sucks for Latif who has been out in Japan since the beginning of the week. Or rather it sucks for anyone that's in Japan that doesn't get into the 64 man bracket. KBrad magically gets in. Looking at the bracket, that shit is free for Infiltration. It's funny that even though the tournament is stacked the following players aren't in there: Sako, Momochi, Michael Tan, Amiyu, Sekiganryu, Sasaki, Hagejin, Cantona, Yossan, Y., YHC Mochi, Darui, Rokkun, Juso, Kai, MDR, Ninomae, etc... well you get the point.

edit: Reiketsu also thinks it's messed up that Latif didn't get in even though he's going to be in Japan for like 20 days or so.
Holy Jesus Infiltration couldn't have asked for a better/easier draw. This could very well turn out to be his first premier tournament win this year. Looking at Block A and B I would say Infiltration is nearly guaranteed top 4 on winners side already.
Bummer about Latif as well.

jbug617

Banned

Did all those people apply?

Tripon

COUMKGUVAAAyfaC.jpg

https://twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/640928146670272512

Hassun

Neo Member
Infiltration looks like he got the easiest path to the finals by far
Bonchan is the only player who has beaten him in a tournament this year who has the possibility of meeting him in the winners bracket before top 4.
All the others are not there or are on the other side of the bracket and will have to defeat each other first to even get a shot at him in top 4.

Things are looking really good for Seon-woo Lee.

GooeyHeat

Took me a second to find this. Can we still come up with new titles every week? They don't even have to be used for anything, it was just fun.

At least somebody got in and posted the SamShoVSP matches from a-cho. Seriously one of the coolest 2D fighters I've ever played.

shaowebb

pls, my avatar may be animated but it certainly isnt like the anime being shown as the article's banner. everyone else except for pixelish, count and vulva has avatars that are anime af

edit:

idk anymore

My avatar of Kamen Rider Skull isn't anime. He's toku.
PxYP978.gif

Dapper as fuuuuuuuuuuuck. :)
Plus he was pretty damned fun to play as in Kamen Rider Chou Climax Heroes. Lots of neat cancel combos.
f2bheug.gif

Fun fact. That's the only fighting game I ever imported or wrote an OT for. It was fucking HUGE with how many characters it had in it. Especially considering it let you choose to play as one character or a tag team and since sooooooo many of the cast had a ton of different forms or variations to choose that were essentially different characters entirely. There were 61 characters BEFORE counting forms...hell there were 119 possible loadouts for Kamen Rider OOO's by himself though so good luck with figuring out what all was in this game in terms of team combinations or character specific matchups or craziness like that.

It had a weird system setup to make it easier for the kiddies since it was a Kamen Rider game. They set the damage up super high and had something called "Climax Time" that gave you 4 bars of meter letting you do Rider Finales whenever someone got their opponent to 1/4th life. This was just so they could hit their big move (which did WAY too much damage and was a long cinematic like on the shows.). If you went into option you could set the damage back to a normal amount (minimum in this game) and turn off Climax time. Became a crazy free for all of custom combos after that. You built bar super fast, could spend it for jump cancels, and to cancel strings to make custom combos. Plus you stuff like bursts and canceling into back or sidesteps with meter on block, dashes, etc. Some types of character had combos that meter popped and awarded burst of meter and special assault modes that upped you like old SF alpha stuff.

Crazy game. Super fun though. Found soooooo many infinites. Kamen Rider Faiz had a super easy one in his final form lol
Here's a match

Game was mad fun even if it was suuuuuuuper broken.

EDIT: Fun fact...it had the BEST option ever in a fighting game. Custom themes. You could load up stuff to your PSP and set each character's theme that would play when they entered a certain form or during their big move or even just when they tagged in. Folks setup a sound pack so it'd play all the correct songs for each form from the shows including during the big cinematic moves, but you could pretty well chop up any song and put it to play at whatever part you wanted during your finales. Imagine if you could setup shit like that every time someone did a cinematic hyper like Dormammu or Doom or something. Plus I dig custom soundtracking in general. Tag in a dude and it starts playing boss music or metal? Fuck yeah.

shaowebb

Damn, now I need to watch Kamen Rider. Looks shounen af and hype too.

Mixed bag really. Each season is a new Rider show with its own flavor, themes, and setting. Crossovers usually only happen in movies and small cameos near the late half of the season to promote the upcoming successor show's Rider.

For serious as shit with very little comedy.
  • Faiz
  • Kabuto
  • Blade
  • Ryuki
  • Kuuga

For a mix of everything with great story and character stuff
  • Gaim
  • W
  • OOO's
  • Drive

For Comedy that is Awesome with really great characters.
  • Den-O
  • Fourze

Hitup Tokugaf. Plus if you got a PSP the Chou Climax Hero game is a lot of fun with tons of cancel combos and custom stuff thats possible. Crazy how much meter stuff you can get in that game. Plus the single player mode is enormous and you can level up your Rider and build his stats in that mode to increase their def, atk, meter, and specials. The shit I could pull with Kamen Rider V3 in that mode was ridiculous. Infinites off of EVERYTHING lol. Great travel game for funsies.

Plus then you can learn about things like Kamen Rider Zanki and Todoroki who do shit like this :p
BwL5qvB.gif

Man this makes me hope Skullomania makes it into SFV someday...

Damn, now I need to watch Kamen Rider. Looks shounen af and hype too.

It's a japanese kids tv show that runs as part of a power hour called "Super Hero Time", it is incredibly shounen. it's also still television programming mained mainly at kids.

EDIT: Fun fact...it had the BEST option ever in a fighting game. Custom themes.
This is just a thing for JP games in general. I mean sure it's not as detailed as that but Arcsys does it in their games like Dragon Install theme, Jam Project for Bang in BB, Instant Kill themes. SRW does a ton of music/audio cues for dramatic introductions or attacks, almost like wrestling. Western games don't really play around with musical themes, vocal themes that much. Mainly they just use it as mood and ambience, or dynamic soundtrack to differentiate between combat and exploration and stuff like that.

The only western games I can think of right now that did anything with proper melodic piece are Oblivion with the main menu theme and Bungie's games where they would have the soundtrack cut in for added dramatic tension.

shaowebb

It's a japanese kids tv show that runs as part of a power hour called "Super Hero Time", it is incredibly shounen. it's also still television programming mained mainly at kids.

This is just a thing for JP games in general. I mean sure it's not as detailed as that but Arcsys does it in their games like Dragon Install theme, Jam Project for Bang in BB, Instant Kill themes. SRW does a ton of music/audio cues for dramatic introductions or attacks, almost like wrestling. Western games don't really play around with musical themes, vocal themes that much. Mainly they just use it as mood and ambience, or dynamic soundtrack to differentiate between combat and exploration and stuff like that.

The only western games I can think of right now that did anything with proper melodic piece are Oblivion with the main menu theme and Bungie's games where they would have the soundtrack cut in for added dramatic tension.

All I know is that if UMVC3 had custom themes I would have played more Captain America and set it up so that every time he tagged in it'd play the DJ Dicks-"I need backup" mix. Also a lot of Nova for His mix. Fuck I might just go back to Climax Heroes and set that up on someone for the hilarity :p

shaowebb

KR is basically what you'd expect the original Power Rangers in JP to be.

After watching the stuff in Japan I can't believe how super campy American Power Rangers are by comparison. Shit has comedy over there but theres a loooooot of drama. Tons of these shows have cast that die frequently and many end in complete tragedy. Can't even tell you what the bodycount was in Kabuto, Faiz or Gaim... Way different tone.

We need more Toku in fighting games. Course I guess there are already a ton of divekicks these days lol.

WarRock

Worst thing about Climax Time is how it allows super countering.

On the other hand, spending your whole super gauge into huge ass combo just to fill Climax Time and refill the super gauge is hilarious.

TheBee assist groove tho'

We need more Toku in fighting games. Course I guess there are already a ton of divekicks these days lol.
HAHAHA

shaowebb

Worst thing about Climax Time is how it allows super countering.

On the other hand, spending your whole super gauge into huge ass combo just to fill Climax Time and refill the super gauge is hilarious.

TheBee assist groove tho'

Oh god yeah. I played a LOT of both Kamen Rider The Bee summon style and Kamen Rider The Bee clockup style.

Both were great. Clockup style had the whole "Ammy slow" thing going on with Clockup and could loop crumples into themselves forever, but since they would build enough meter to burst out it wasn't nearly as crazy and fun as Summon style who could call in an infantry to assist him with gunfire. Plus his cancel combos are so great. You spend one bar to jump cancel after you do any of his launchers, but watch the meter in this craziness...he builds enough to finish with more bar than when he started. It only ends due to scaling.

5qdb6mk.gif

Thats the thing though. This game had a shitload of crazy meter build and that let you cancel shit as long as you felt like it to link strings and do shit. But opponents also built meter and could burst out...just remember though. Burst once you're fine. Half your guard gauge gone. No big. Burst twice before it replenished and you just used up your guard gauge and guard broke yourself for a burst. Better make it count.

Weird, but it had its own crazy pseudo balance. I wont ever call it fair, but you could never truly hit an infinite and it had mad footsies with friends. Really fun game. I had a 100% combo involving climax time with Ultimate form Kuuga lol. So many cancels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom