• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOA under Hayashi has been an amazing turnaround, and I wouldnt have much faith in itagaki making Ninja Gaiden anymore anyway, considering devil's third
Yep.
As rare as female grapplers.
DOA has always had female grappler covered with Tina, and blazblue has Bullet...and thats about it with fighters I play

Numb

DOA under Hayashi has been an amazing turnaround, and I wouldnt have much faith in itagaki making Ninja Gaiden anymore anyway, considering devil's third
DOA has always had female grappler covered with Tina, and blazblue has Bullet...and thats about it with fighters I play
Itagaki taking Ls left and right.
Not that many female grapplers but they are easier to do than the boxers who need their entire movelist be about boxing.
Grapplers you just need a command grab or 2 and a couple of things yet still doesn't happen much.

Shun

Bullet was supposed to be the GOAT character addition to fighter.

Bullet is hot as fuck and she is A FEMALE RUSHDOWN GRAPPLER. You don't get any better than that.

But she ended up being one of the worst characters in BlazBlue. She sorely needs a buff.

CA022_Bullet.png

Numb

It's alright man.
Don't need to get much better against the people i play.
Will improve slowly watching tournys and YT vids.

Bullet is hot as fuck and she is A FEMALE RUSHDOWN GRAPPLER. You don't get any better than that.

But she ended up being one of the worst characters in BlazBlue. She sorely needs a buff.

how can she be goat when she has one of the worst fighting game stances of all time?

I like her design and I really like her style, but she just is so bad. Hopefully she plays better in CF

Shun

I like her design and I really like her style, but she just is so bad. Hopefully she plays better in CF

I remember everyone at the loketests and reveals so convinced that she was gonna be a good character.

Man were we so fucking wrong...

CF loketest data improved her a bit, but not as much as I hoped for. I'll wait for actual data when the game releases on NESICA in couple week or so.

I remember everyone at the loketests and reveals so convinced that she was gonna be a good character.

Man were we so fucking wrong...

CF loketest data improved her a bit, but not as much as I hoped for. I'll wait for actual data when the game releases on NESICA in couple week or so.
ASW loketests are usually way off from release anyway...

hoping noel isnt as fucking awful at release as the loketests...

shaowebb

CA022_Bullet.png

Nahhh this is the stance of I'm gonna fuck you up. Bullet da bes.
col_BL000.png

True Fact...I pretty well only played her and Platinum the Trinity. I was trying to main Bullet though. The idea of her Heat Up levels and her homing grapple "Lock On" zone getting bigger and better alongside of her mobility enhancing had me soooooooo into her. The combos felt like a dream to pull off. Plus her projectile made me feel like K' with how it could be used point blank so well (though more like Rock Howard's reppuken in terms of usefulness I guess.)

Love this grappler.Watch and enjoy

I thought Bullet was Bang's sister at first. Her playstyle is pretty cool. I can't think of another grappler that plays the way she does at the moment. It's kind of surprising that she would be considered bad, but I haven't followed BB as much as I used to. The most notable thing about her is probably the fact that Ragna calls her "butt floss" in story mode.
Tsking the piss is fine. Not every second tho.
Also fuck Idolmaster. Both the Berserk and Tekken dudes are deep in there and they got finicky releases. Coincidence? Not!
Maybe

I personally think that Casca being broken since Bill Clinton's second term might play a role.

I can't stop staring at the belt and...thigh panties?

I usually don't even notice this stuff.

Then again, I was slightly irked when I noticed that they changed Nine's hair from thin and straight to thick, layered, and a little frayed.

Shun

I can't stop staring at the belt and...thigh panties?

I usually don't even notice this stuff.

Then again, I was slightly irked when I noticed that they changed Nine's hair from thin and straight to thick, layered, and a little frayed.

Those are just part of her shorts that got ripped.

Bullet is da bes.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Everyone forgets about Vanessa in VF.

Grappler and all round hardass. See, not that hard to make a good female fighter.

kirblar

Everyone forgets about Vanessa in VF.

Grappler and all round hardass. See, not that hard to make a good female fighter.
Capcom generally hasn't had much of an issue in this department, at least with modern Street Fighter - it's why this decision-making w/ SFV is really bizarre.

Shun

Mechanics or visual aesthetics? Elaborate please.

I don't really understand the sentiment.

They do a lot to stay in touch with their fans and get feedback, they provide some of the most unique and fun to play characters, their sprite work and work with Unreal 3 has been great. They're popular as well.

I like that they continue to give us news and interact with fans via Blazblue Radio and NicoNicoTV.

Negatives would be that they are strict with material licensing, there isn't a lot of official merchandise of their games. Their yearly update model can be frustrating if there isn't enough content, but it's like that because gesen owners lobbying for delays so that their NESICA machines make money.

Numb

Negatives would be that they are strict with material licensing, there isn't a lot of official merchandise of their games. Their yearly update model can be frustrating if there isn't enough content, but it's like that because gesen owners lobbying for delays so that their NESICA machines make money.

Those updates got to me. Bought em all till the latest one.
The yearly part you could maybe deal but by the time it came to console Japan had the next version at their door.

Shun

Those updates got to me. Bought em all till the latest one.
The yearly part you could maybe deal but by the time it came to console Japan had the next version at their door.

You can't really blame ASW when the machines at gesen are making the revenue they do.

It's why Gundam's release dates for console are delayed worse than any of the ArcSys games. I still buy every console update, I'd rather them constantly do so than delay the game further. I wouldn't want to be forced with Continuum Shift or Chronophantasma or Xrd for 2-3 years until a real update.

However you can blame ASW for forcing a disc upgrade rather than a patch. ASW knows this and does so because they know people will still pay for it. They slightly make up for no add on patch with a discounted price, but it is a little much.

ASW is adding new mains for me in the next versions of both of their games, so I am a happy man. Gives me a backup if Capcom fucks up SFV.

petghost

Banned
when was the last time asw made a game that wasnt heavily based on the mechanics of GG? battle fantasia?

i'd like to see them branch out if they ever do a new ip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom