• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marz

How do you find stuff on Twitter?

Just follow the right people. Like I follow LordKnight and hes always dropping knowledge or tech about anime games. Eventually you can get your feed personalized to the point where you can see a lot of discussion on games you like straight from the best players.

Anne

How do you find stuff on Twitter?

Follow the best players that like to drop knowledge, follow the content makers, follow the people you like that might RT stuff you want, ask for things, etc.

It's also pretty volatile and full of whatever personal stuff, but I have found more info through social media and networking than I have through every FG website I've ever used combined.

Shun

I'm in Japan. I'm live at a station between Shibuya and Yokohama.

In English dustloop has some frame data and combo but it is harder to navigate.

In Japanese for basic combos and frame data.

http://esports-runner.com/guilty-gear-xrd/

http://wiki.4gamer.net/ggxrd/
http://seesaawiki.jp/w/ggxx_matome/

I can link you to NicoNico/YouTube videos as well for specific chara. For matchups you will need to ask and ggrks.

Players on twitter often upload replay and some users can give you tutorial help.

jerry1594

Wait, seriously? I'd say they're killing their forums, but you can't kill what's already dead.

Is there a game in particular you're looking to get better at?
It's because of too many spambots I heard. That shits dead and buried anyway. Only good for tech talk.

Just follow the right people. Like I follow LordKnight and hes always dropping knowledge or tech about anime games. Eventually you can get your feed personalized to the point where you can see a lot of discussion on games you like straight from the best players.

Follow the best players that like to drop knowledge, follow the content makers, follow the people you like that might RT stuff you want, ask for things, etc.

It's also pretty volatile and full of whatever personal stuff, but I have found more info through social media and networking than I have through every FG website I've ever used combined.
Ah, cool. I am still a Twitter noob.

It's because of too many spambots I heard. That shits dead and buried anyway. Only good for tech talk.
Are captchas insufficient now?

ShinMaruku

See I don't hate ASW, but how they do business makes me say no. It's like Blizzard, I know 70% of their shit is not for me so I tune them out. Exact same with ASW their monomarket apporach does not do them favors with proper engagement, but they give no fucks so I give no fucks about their products. I will be getting dat GG though Jam and Dizzy and Jacko oh lawd.

Sayad

See I don't hate ASW, but how they do business makes me say no. It's like Blizzard, I know 70% of their shit is not for me so I tune them out. Exact same with ASW their monomarket apporach does not do them favors with proper engagement, but they give no fucks so I give no fucks about their products. I will be getting dat GG though Jam and Dizzy and Jacko oh lawd.
Good thing they also know how to make you say yes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think people who aren't very familiar with ASW games don't understand how drastically different BB/GG/P4U all are lol. GG and BB in particular, they might as well be opposites sometimes, with P4A near the middle.

Thank you for saying this. Hardly anyone ever thinks this and it gets old fast.

Q, what are the main differences between Nu and Lambda now? I watched some sick play of one of them recently. Felt like a goddamn one player game with all the knives flying around.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Q, what are the main differences between Nu and Lambda now? I watched some sick play of one of them recently. Felt like a goddamn one player game with all the knives flying around.

Nu is more of a Far to Mid range fighter with teleports to retreat or extend combos, Lambda is a mid to close range fighter with dashing in attacks.

Lambda is on the weakside atm

Nu is one of the stronger characters atm as she still does decent at close range which is supposed to be her downside as well with just how suffocating she can be once she gets started.

You would probably like current Nu since they took away all the stance dance stuff and make her more of a dedicated zoner.

Rhapsody

Banned
Why am I playing so much Persona lately. I didn't even play P4U2 much in total after release.
I feel like I should be practicing up BB again (even if it's only 1.1 and on EX).

Shouta

It's easier to ask for information about fighting games on GAF than it is on twitter or youtube, if you ask me. It's because pretty much everyone on here is sane. You get good info from the other places but you get the insanity that comes with it. I avoid AniTwitter and it still spills into my timeline from time to time.

I know you didn't just say pretty everyone here is sane.
It's all relative. We might seem insane to each other, but if you go to some other forums, you'll feel much better about your cohorts here. You won't find folks here talking about what they would do on a date with Mewtwo, for example.

Anne

I know you didn't just say pretty everyone here is sane.

Have you seen AniTwitter? I tried to be nice about how I phrased it but that point is valid.

"I'd like to know more about anime fighting games"

*subs to anitwitter*

"Why is everybody so angry? Woah, I can't open this at work. Wait, how old are these people? Oh cool, Popeyes. And there are the police."

But at least you walk out with 2 usable pieces of information and a gif of a neta Sol combo.

Mizerman

It's all relative. We might seem insane to each other, but if you go to some other forums, you'll feel much better about your cohorts here. You won't find folks here talking about what they would do on a date with Mewtwo, for example.

I wouldn't put it past some folks here, though.

You got a point the-
This would actually be a hell of a lot more compelling than discussing what games are going to be at evo every 2 weeks tbh
Damn

Anyone know an Alakazam or Espeon with good dating advice?

about to head to bed after playing some video games, what's up gu-
You won't find folks here talking about what they would do on a date with Mewtwo, for example.
This would actually be a hell of a lot more compelling than discussing what games are going to be at evo every 2 weeks tbh

nnf4LaY.gif

In English dustloop has some frame data and combo but it is harder to navigate.

In Japanese for basic combos and frame data.

http://esports-runner.com/guilty-gear-xrd/

http://wiki.4gamer.net/ggxrd/
http://seesaawiki.jp/w/ggxx_matome/

I can link you to NicoNico/YouTube videos as well for specific chara. For matchups you will need to ask and ggrks.

Players on twitter often upload replay and some users can give you tutorial help.

Thanks dude! I will gladly take some videos about Kai. Any and all advice is welcome.

I should also mention my Japanese is garbage. So English is a must. My wife's Japanese is great but she wouldn't help me translate tutorial videos ;p

Why am I playing so much Persona lately. I didn't even play P4U2 much in total after release.
I feel like I should be practicing up BB again (even if it's only 1.1 and on EX).
My local scene has a few guys that just love persona, so I've been playing it with them, despite preferring BB and wanting to get better at it.
This type of thinking has also led me to play a bunch of melty blood recently

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
some of the toronto and NYC guys are coming up to buffalo this weekend to play VF and eat wings with me. really happy about it, i've been able to attend lots of offline VF events in 2015.

Sayad

What makes a combo look or feels good? And what's your favorite combos?

Whenever I use Sol as a training dummy in Xrd, switch control to record him doing something, I end up practicing various dust loops combos for 20 or so minutes, something about dust loops just make you want to keep doing(or trying to at least) them. I don't even play sol in Xrd.

In KoF, I decided to main Leona after seeing her HD combo, even though it's technically just a two special moves loop. It looks hype and charge buffering is pure joy. Games with long ass charge time are missing out on fun charge characters. I'd mention Hwa Jai's drunk mode, but that's not just combos, everything you do in drunk is so fun and satisfying.

In SFIV, srk FADC ultra was fun for while, and I still love doing Sakura's tatsu loops, even though I don't really play the character.

In Tekken, I'd say Nina's flapping butterfly combos look cool, but I've yet to do a single one outside training mode. ;__;

Speaking of which:
o_O

What makes a combo look or feels good? And what's your favorite combos?

Violence is fun. Sol is very good at it. Counterhit, Bringer, Bringer, Fafnir looks so amazingly brutal.

I'm not really a fan of simple actions that have been made hard just because. Estimating the recovery of a move so you can press the next one ASAP isn't that fun, but visual juggles are a ton of fun.

In KoF, I decided to main Leona after seeing her HD combo, even though it's technically just a two special moves loop. It looks hype and charge buffering is pure joy. Games with long ass charge time are missing out on fun charge characters.

ST Claw is fun though.

Kalamari

I should also mention my Japanese is garbage. So English is a must. My wife's Japanese is great but she wouldn't help me translate tutorial videos ;p

It be worth it to follow JiyunaJP on twitter, he probably knows a bit about different arcades and is probably decent at GG as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom