• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

This EVO "Fighting Game Roster Ballot" thing is bringing out all kinds of salt today.

It's very easy to not go in those threads. Don't know what got into him.

I'm convinced that some threads resemble hyper powerful bug zappers more than actual discussion avenues. Still for all, RIP.

jerry1594

UMvC3, XvSF, Xmen CotA or MSH get my vote. Heck MvC1 too.
UMvC3 is more recent and has an easy input mode for casual play.
I hate watching CotA lol, which I think would translate to hate playing it. And I heard it and MSH are subpar ports. Does the ram cart fix it?

Azure J

Man, the salt is real today regarding Smash and MrWizard asking if 1 or 2 Smash games should be at Evo next year isn't it.

Something like that was only ever going to invite trouble in by the bushels. You have the people who enjoy playing one or both at EVO, the people who want to chop the other's legs out from under them so their game can be "the" game, the folks still assmad that the sacrilegious inclusion of Smash tainted their fightan lineup, the viewer base/net troll base that rides off the negative karma for the laughs, and the weirdos who actually just want double Smash because they watch/play everything.

Two tweets and suddenly all these sides are going at it Battle Royale style.

Or 1 Smash and 1 SF
And no KOF or Marvel

Let the flames simmer

image.php

but BB AND GG tho right

Rhapsody

Banned
its def true that anime avatar folks are incredibly high ban risk in threads like that.

I'm fortunate to keep my mouth shut when I see those threads (but then complain about it elsewhere lol)

Speaking of which... I just found out Tom, the Xseed employee, got banned in the "does fanservice bother you thread". Welp.

FACE

Banned
I'm fortunate to keep my mouth shut when I see those threads (but then complain about it elsewhere lol)

Speaking of which... I just found out Tom, the Xseed employee, got banned in the "does fanservice bother you thread". Welp.

No mercy from the mods today.

notworksafe

It's very easy to not go in those threads. Don't know what got into him.

very true. still, sad that discussion on a discussion board leads to bans more times than not. but again, that's why you stay out of those threads on GAF. nothing to be gained by going in to them because no one is going in to change their mind or learn anything. just want to shout the loudest or get the sickest burn.

No idea to be honest. That's why the question was posed.

In terms of sales, viewer count and tournament attendance MVC3 blows MVC2 out of the water but those are games from two different eras and we aren't actually talking about the empirical data.

I think both games are enjoyed well enough by casuals. I was at a local last Friday and they had a MVC2 cabinet plus MVC3 set ups. Both games were being played and enjoyed by people but the skill level was pretty low (like I am talking about people running teams like Guile/Jill/Silver Samurai or Ryu/Deadpool/MODOk). They were having a lot of fun even if they could barely complete combos or block. Lots of people watching both games were enjoying themselves too. Of course these are the same people who think that Cable shooting from a far is lame play which is what happened when I joined in.

These games look vastly different when played in casuals vs played competitively.

A lot of people in the office prefer MvC2 over MvC3 I think because of the roster and the pixel art even though they are brutalized by people that know basic combos, GTFO assists or get Cabled. I feel that ABCS jump BBCS was a great backbone for a starter combo.

That said, people love the crazy but are intimidated by it.

Beckx

Apparently the Cronus Max is getting updated so that it removes the timeout issue on PS4.

No idea if it's safe to use, though. Any reports of issues with the Cronus recently? I remember that they were causing input lag for the other player and apparently burning out USB ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom