• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

this is ikafry kalamari in anime form. beef is not kalamari.

img_2

Kalamari

So ika fry is what Japanese call Calamari. I didn't know that.

And apparently Ika is a squid hat wearing character in some anime.

Its Takoyaki but no Mayo. Not sure how I feel about that. I thought the thing next to the corn is Yakitori style where you filet the chicken thigh and stretch it out on two skewers

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's not that people with "Anime Avatars" that get banned it's that a good chunk of them are a bit distorted from reality or just socially awkward and can't say what they are trying to say properly so people misunderstand the fuck out of them. A good chunk of the mods all enjoy anime.

Half the time I jump into threads like that it's pretty fun since I try to argue for both sides of the argument if it's doable to do so and try to straighten out what people are trying to say before 50 "IM OUTRAGED AT THIS STATEMENT" post get said person banned for a misunderstanding or difference of opinion that isn't something a psycho would say.
I'm well aware this isn't the case always but it can form some light bias as it shits up a thread.

Debate stuff is fun and it's always important to try and understand other people's views on the subject matter and why they could feel that way even if you yourself don't.

Kalamari

Ya, corn gives you your daily dose of healthy veggies, and then chocolate on a stick for dessert.

If you mean the pic I posted that's Callie and Marie from splatoon :p
If you just mean 'ika' then maybe you mean Ika Musume, who's costume is also in splatoon but she's actually from an anime:

(she's the blue and white one :3 )

I was searching ika fry and the anime character popped up. So far, Shun's image looks like the closest I might get. You'd be surprised how many anime food related sites there are.

Actually, there's only a few.

Nightii

Banned
How can you win if you can't understand where they are coming from in the first place so you can make proper counter arguments.

Counter arguments? Don't go around teaching that OS garbage! It's all about rage mind games, that's the only honorable way of winning discussions.

Kappa

jbug617

Banned
Do you think that if EVO has 2 Smash games, should there be 2 SF games if the community still supports USF4 (entrants)in the new year?

I feel like almost all of the really offensive stuff I've read on forums and social media come from people with avatars that are either an anime girl, a teenage boy, or an early 2000s BMW/Mitsubishi EVO.

mbpm1

How can you win if you can't understand where they are coming from in the first place so you can make proper counter arguments.

Proper Counter arguments? Those just get in the way of propaganda and bile

Because when you make your opponent quit the thread or get banned, you win.

Marz

I will never get to 4000 PP on SF4 ranked in my life. I dont understand how people do it without farming

Win like 20 games getting a point each, lose 1 game lose like 120 points. N theres always that 0 pp player who's godlike and has been playing for 6 years who just comes in and bops me.

I will never get to 4000 PP on SF4 ranked in my life. I dont understand how people do it without farming

Win like 20 games getting a point each, lose 1 game lose like 120 points. N theres always that 0 pp player who's godlike and has been playing for 6 years who just comes in and bops me.

I ended at like 4500 on 360

git gud
or use elena

shaowebb

Finally got around to ordering a new zero delay PCB to mod my stick with for PS3/PS3/360/PC/Wii play.

Waaaaaaaaaay cheaper to spend $20 than to buy another stick and honestly those things are taking up a lot of room lately. Feels good man. Plus the fam is loading up on fighters for me on a list I made up of things I dont have to cover me for the holidays.

Likely gonna end up with 4-6 of these.

• Under Night In Birth Exe Late (PS3)
  • Koihime Enbu
  • Dengeki Bunko fighting climax ignition (import. Launches PS3 japan dec 17th)
  • Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel
  • Blaz Blue Chronophantasma EXTEND
  • Twinkle Queen
  • Blade Arcus From Shining EX
  • Phantom Breaker Extra PS3
  • DOA 5 LAst Round PS3
  • Guilty Gear Xrd
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R (steam)
  • Jojo All star battle PS3
I'm digging Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel because it lets you have 2 assists like Marvel on your chosen main character
Laughed my ass off when I saw Koihime Enbu's Lubu and Chen Gong. Hope to get it once it launches from family. Being a Dynasty Warriors fan I laughed till my sides hurt when I saw Vincent Price talking, Pincer attack obsessed Chen Gong go from looking like this in Musou...
51ACVzX.jpg

...to like this and being an assist that does divekicks in Koihime Enbu
6iZWy9L.jpg

Check this moment for the hilarity of this game's version of Chen Gong's Pincer Attacks (divekick assists)

Tripon

sad to see everyone pretend a game that people worked really hard on doesnt exist. i hope the project m team winds up making a smash like game with original characters or something.
You mean Brawl? Kappa.

I made my comment on Project M because of the way it was created. An org like EVO could never accept PM as an official game, so there is little reason to ask for it anyway.

The project M guys should make their own game, then find out how hard it is to get people to care about your original content. Skullgirls is the best case senrario for them and they likely wouldnt reach it as an independent property.

Tripon

Edit: I know what I'm watching this weekend (after during the break for CPTA finals)

Those are actually the same people in there? Thought it was some other Smash players.

Some of the same people. At this point, the Project M is a missmash of people who can spare their time to work on a project instead of a focused group.

i dno why ya'll meet this with so much cynicism... community made games that are made specifically for the community is like the dream for me.

I'm not cynical because of the community based aspect. I'm cynical or a better word would be skeptical because they announced a project with no money, no work of concept, no established plan or any way to build the infrastructure to start that.

This isn't a community made game yet. You have to build a community first. You have to have some idea of how this project gets off the ground. Wavedash doesn't even have that.

If you want to get to 4000 PP just do the custom search for same skill level or higher, so you're guaranteed to get more than 1pp..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom