• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

petghost

Banned
the hilarious thing about watching high level melty blood vids is that they can spend like 30 seconds or more spacing each other out in a really elaborate dance and like never or at least barely touch each other and then spend the rest of the round in the corner.

Beckx

So hypothetically speaking...who here would buy a One Punch Man fighting game?

I mean Saitama couldn't actually be selectable (no, there is no theory that makes that viable) but I'd buy "all the other people in One Punch Man" fighting game.

Or OPM vs My Hero Academia

shaowebb

I mean Saitama couldn't actually be selectable (no, there is no theory that makes that viable) but I'd buy "all the other people in One Punch Man" fighting game.

Or OPM vs My Hero Academia

Saitama gets to be a character it revolves around as a myth or legend then (possibly a summon for a GG style instant kill move). I'd main the hell out of Genos.

tvJXrVH.gif

WarRock

Not really. He's basically saying OD is good cause active flow and burst regen, and now you can use the OD super as a reversal option to kind of replace gold burst.
Yeah, I got that. As someone who doesn't play BB since CS though, all of these mechanics sound like an overly complicated way to add more layers of decisions into the game.

So hypothetically speaking...who here would buy a One Punch Man fighting game?
Who wouldn't

way too many interesting characters with completely different playstyles

Nightii

Banned
Saitama would be the game's secret boss with an absurdly difficult requirement to challenge him.

You could still not come even close to beating him, of course, the reward for meeting the requirements to fight him is just the honor of getting punched.

V-Faction

Make Saitama selectable and give him nothing but instant K.O. moves just for the heck of it. Like, make him literally impossible to win against. I'd love to see a fighting game make one of its characters actually broken, more so than any others in the past.

And then make him hard-banned in tournaments and go from there.

Dahbomb

There are actually even more optimum combos for Wolverine out there. Off of just drill claw into Dive Kick you can do like 2-3 jump loops before launching again.

Off of Berserker Slash -> Berserker Charge you can do 3 jump loops launch then do a dive kick ground bounce.

Unlike a character like Zero it's actually very important to optimize combos with Wolverine because he has a limited amount of damage/meter gain before he has to dump meter on Fatal Claw loops.

More relevant tech or at least something that deserves to be talked about more is the defensive pope select which is the opposite of the Vergil pope select for Doom. It's not new or anything but it's more in the "fuck Doom" category. One of Doom's weaknesses used to be that people got the Hidden Missiles or the crouch kick off of their back throw option select but now instead you get a jump back which is usually more desirable.

Though I guess you can say that a broken offensive option select (ie. the Vergil pope select) is countered by an equally broken defensive option select. Just about everyone can use this though so it's stuff like this is why Wolverine is in fact not a top 5 character in the game.

jerry1594

speaking of banned people, feels like kimosabae's been banned for the better part of the year. what's up with that
I have a feeling he's gone for good. He quoted a guy and said people who thought like he did should be put to death, can't remember specifically don't feel like clicking on stuff to remember (it was a hip hop topic)

rookiejet

I have a feeling he's gone for good. He quoted a guy and said people who thought like he did should be put to death, can't remember specifically don't feel like clicking on stuff to remember (it was a hip hop topic)

yeah, i hope that's not the case. kimo's a cool dude

yeah, i hope that's not the case. kimo's a cool dude

You and anyone else that agrees with that daft comment should be euthanized. The melting pot that is the USA isn't actually defined by the economic imperialism and hegemonic trials of a selective few with political powers over the history of the country.

You wish hip hop was being forced on your people like Arab democracy. That's fucking laughable. It was appropriated through cultural sympathies and veneration of the art. Full stop.

You both should feel embarrassed.

probably just being tongue in cheek tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom