• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault.jpg
I like how there is nothing weird about Lisa, shes definitely a black woman. I just wish her skin was still as dark as DOA4

They also put her with Tina and Christie for characters that get the most absurd "swimsuits"

Numb

Ram doesnt seem very ambiguous to me, but maybe I'm a little too used to the shine added to the art style.

I hate how the lightened lisa in DOA5, though at least its not as bad as it originally (previews) was. Shes still at least black

Ram didn't think she was black till someone told me. Thought just a ganguro.
The ambiguous part is they look black but its never said clearly.
It ain't just fighters tho but everywhere
There's a few examples of dark skinned guys with white hair (Seth and K' from KOF). Still, it's an odd choice that it's almost always white.

Indeed.

BadWolf

There's a few examples of dark skinned guys with white hair (Seth and K' from KOF). Still, it's an odd choice that it's almost always white.

There's also Mukai from KOF, Soma from God Eater, Setsuna from Last Blade 2 and a bunch more. It's fairly common in Japanese games, anime etc.

Numb

I like how there is nothing weird about Lisa, shes definitely a black woman. I just wish her skin was still as dark as DOA4

They also put her with Tina and Christie for characters that get the most absurd "swimsuits"

You could confuse her for a south-american.
Bout only black female fighter i can think of recently that's just that is Jacqui from MKX. No ''buts'' ''alsos'' and or ''ands'' after.

latest

Marz

I learned fighters starting out with Sagat, so i had to learn how to play the neutral game without walkspeed.

Trying different characters out was kind of eye-opening. Instead of getting put into situations where my 2 options were to block and take it or to pick the right time to mash out...i had the ability to weave in and out of ranges that i couldnt with the King.

Of course other characters dont control the skies like Sagat or have the superior fireball in most matchups so it was interesting looking at it from the other side.

BadWolf

Noticed these comments regarding KOFXIV in the KOFXIV/KOFXIII comparison vid:

Rumors and leaks say that the second trailer was actually recorded right around the time they announced the game (it was the same build) and the game has dramatically changed its appearance since then, which we'll see at PlayStation Experience in December.

As for the visual aesthetic, they're supposedly aiming for was an oil painting look, which seemingly failed and didn't come across like how they'd liked. As such, they're now doing something different with it visually (I imagine some kinda cel shaded filter and different lighting, aside from just improved details to the actual models).

Also from the leaker, there will be a OP song, which can be heard in 1st PV.
Next PV in Dec will show the number of characters
Some CVs will change.
By CV, that's character voice. SNKP gonna replace some of those voice actors.

So yeah, PlayStation Experience should be the defining time on how accurate the rumors are. With it being playable and showing the character select screen and all.

mbpm1

Playing fighting games with characters you like is important imo.

That said, when you're new, you may not actually have any idea on what you like to play as so it's important to experiment and try different things.

I played most of the cast before finding a main.

Quesa

Here's something I thought of earlier this morning: to reduce the efficacy of timer scams, why not start ultra animations with the active frames? So like, say a Critical Art in SFV has a 4-frame start up, have the animation play out after those initial frames instead of after, so that if they're hit out of the windup, the animation doesn't play and people can't use them to steal time.

I don't know if I explained it well, but I was thinking about it this morning. Probably stuff I haven't thought of that would make things worse and I maybe timer scam won't be a problem in other games, but yeah.

Silent_Z

Here's something I thought of earlier this morning: to reduce the efficacy of timer scams, why not start ultra animations with the active frames? So like, say a Critical Art in SFV has a 4-frame start up, have the animation play out after those initial frames instead of after, so that if they're hit out of the windup, the animation doesn't play and people can't use them to steal time.

I don't know if I explained it well, but I was thinking about it this morning. Probably stuff I haven't thought of that would make things worse and I maybe timer scam won't be a problem in other games, but yeah.

Many things already have a good chunk of their startup pre-flash; making everything 0 post-flash just makes them harder to block. The actual fix is to stop the timer during super flash like BlazBlue does.

SamVimes

Not happening. I feel like Dieminion in the first match could beat anyone but him: I'm not the biggest Daigo fan but there's no player out there that looks as scary as he does when he really prepares for a match. Xian knows what i'm talking about.

Zissou

80 hours might just be scratching the surface depending on the game. And when you're talking a game as old as SFIV is at this point, you're gonna have to lose for a lonnnnnnnng time until you get start getting wins. I had a couple friends start learning marvel about a year into ultimate, and they were playing with me and another friend who'd been grinding since day one of vanilla- they played us on a weekly basis for over a year before they were able to start holding their own. Fuck- I've probably played close to 80 hours of the SFV beta at this point.

Somewhere, Shinmaruku is all

hnnggg6zmk.png

he still kinda creeped me out

mbpm1

Not happening. I feel like Dieminion in the first match could beat anyone but him: I'm not the biggest Daigo fan but there's no player out there that looks as scary as he does when he really prepares for a match. Xian knows what i'm talking about.

I don't agree.

There are a bunch of other players I could see taking Dieminion out, not least among them the world's best Decapre.

80 hours might just be scratching the surface depending on the game. And when you're talking a game as old as SFIV is at this point, you're gonna have to lose for a lonnnnnnnng time until you get start getting wins. I had a couple friends start learning marvel about a year into ultimate, and they were playing with me and another friend who'd been grinding since day one of vanilla- they played us on a weekly basis for over a year before they were able to start holding their own. Fuck- I've probably played close to 80 hours of the SFV beta at this point.

Somewhere, Shinmaruku is all

hnnggg6zmk.png

he still kinda creeped me out

They finally put in Violent Ken.

SamVimes

I don't agree.

There are a bunch of other players I could see taking Dieminion out, not least among them the world's best Decapre.

I'm not saying he would beat any other player (that would be silly), i'm saying he could. I think against Daigo in the first match he has less than a 10% chance of winning.

BadWolf

Isn't K a clone? Only reason he has dark skin is because he's [italic]eeevil[/italic]

Nope:

K' (real name unknown) was a normal child who lived happily with his sister, Seirah. One day, they were captured by NESTS, a crime syndicate who dealt with drugs, genetics, robotics and biotechnology. K' was kept under NESTS and trained to be some kind of weapon. In 1998, K' was made to participate in the Kusanagi cloning program. He was infused with Kyo Kusanagi's DNA, which gave him the power of pyrokinesis. During the program, K's memory was tinkered with, and he was made to believe that he was Krizalid's clone. Any real memories from his past has either been erased by NESTS, forgotten, or repressed.

mbpm1

I'm not saying he would beat any other player (that would be silly), i'm saying he could. I think against Daigo in the first match he has less than a 10% chance of winning.
I'd give similar odds against like infiltration or momochi tho.

Decapre for the matchup favour and momochi for his training eryu almost taking him out recently

Silly question but does Gief have all 360 motions in SF5? Is he the only one?

So far, yes. I was initially confused by the idea that Capcom decided to give Gief 360 motions in a game where most command throws are half circles. However, they made Gief's heavy and EX SPDs do big damage, like BIG damage. So, at least they made the damage worth the motion.

Tripon

K' isn't a clone. He was a normal human that had the Kugusagi flames implanted to test how a normal human could control them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom