• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunpealD

Character changes aren't system changes though especially if it's just value changes and not messing with hitboxes & hurtboxes. But then again, that would be assuming they were doing it in a way that didn't force them to do a ton of work to test different things. That's asking a lot of JP developers in general...

Ah, sorry. I was quickly reading through the posts. All I see was "These tests" and thought it was for all of this pre-release stuff.

I'll assume that beta and stress tests are netplay integrated vertical slices with "current" balance they had at that time.

Event builds are kinda a different matter, since those always have all characters available and do not even have a menu like the beta/stress test ones.

Anyone else think that stress test Ryu was actually more fun than Beta 2 Ryu? Amidst all the nerfs either his parry got less startup or mediums on block got nerfed. From what I tested he was able to parry anything that follows a blocked medium.

EDIT: Usually the way I approach the beta is looking how the current version of the character can be played instead of just looking for nerfs.

OH MY GOD

that music

those Limit Breaks

MIDGAR STAGE

I CANT MAN I JUST CANT

howbxvb6auyl.gif

NEO0MJ

Can't believe that Cloud reveal. I would have been willing to bet good money that it wouldn't happen.

K' is not evil, he is just a typical OC....that happened to be made by the people in charge of the games.

he's the main guy in the NESTS arc, so he's not a bad guy

the actual kyo clones were the bad guys

I didn't mean evil like baby killer but rather that he's supposed to be too cool for school. Anyways it looks like I got my KOF history wrong anyway.

I thought you were cool.
My apathy to FF6 has never been a secret. I even made a thread about it! FF4 is just godawful though with no redeeming qualities.
And this is another episode of Professor Beef's Amazingly Wrong Opinions.
You tell me with a straight face that Terra-ble is actually a good character. The only time she was tolerable was when she had that hypnocrown that forced her to shut up.

Linkle would have been so much better for Smash than Cloud honestly. A ranged character would have been better than another sword user.

My apathy to FF6 has never been a secret. I even made a thread about it! FF4 is just godawful though with no redeeming qualities.

I like FF6, but I totally agree about FF4. The music is ok though.

Numb

Now that the flood gates are open i'm asking for one of the soccer players from Soccer brawl. The captains with the special kicks.

Tizoc

Please no. Why do people like Cloud and Dragon Ball?

Have you read the DB manga?
As in actually read it. Not watch the anime
Reading the manga

OG Dragonball is a fun adventure comedy series, but when it comes to fight and action Toriyama fucking delivered. it was fast paced but still exciting throughout.

DBZ is when it became all action oriented and suddenly peeps just shut off their brains and accepted Goku's uber strength as some divine shit.

DBZ Goku isn't even a good protagonist; his younger self is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Cloud thing is funny/cool but Smash jumped the shark, if you wish to consider it a shark, a while ago. It's clear they're just trying do whatever in the time they can. Smash selection criteria has never been clear or logical either though, it's just whatever Sakurai feels like showing love that day.

Dahbomb

The Cloud thing is funny/cool but Smash jumped the shark, if you wish to consider it a shark, a while ago. It's clear they're just trying do whatever in the time they can. Smash selection criteria has never been clear or logical either though, it's just whatever Sakurai feels like showing love that day.
Next time Sakurai comes up for the announcement:

"With the Cloud announcement we went far beyond fan expectations....

And THIS .... is to go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!"

Kalamari

Smash is gonna be huge this year. I hope Wizard gives them their own area, so the crowds don't interfere with spectators of other games.

Nightii

Banned
Saitama4Smash4, bruh

Cooler than Cloud, fits the game better, and can afford to get knocked out of stages, it's technically not losing.

DunpealD

Have you read the DB manga?
As in actually read it. Not watch the anime
Reading the manga

OG Dragonball is a fun adventure comedy series, but when it comes to fight and action Toriyama fucking delivered. it was fast paced but still exciting throughout.

DBZ is when it became all action oriented and suddenly peeps just shut off their brains and accepted Goku's uber strength as some divine shit.

DBZ Goku isn't even a good protagonist; his younger self is.

With all the talk about Goku and Smash. I'd like to see Kid Goku instead of adult Goku.

Dlent

Cloud looks cool, even if he is another sword guy and there were a million better choices. I wish Midgar wasn't another stage to just be tourney banned though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom