• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

When is Ada Wong going to be in fighter. (꒦ິ⌑꒦ີ)

Noel Vermillion and Asuka Kazama in Smash Bros too please.

I am interested in Skull Girls but do not know where to start. Is PS3 version missing stuff from Vita/PS4? Is it more ground than air? I haven't really followed it but it recently has update and I think now is a good time to try it out.

You're telling me you didn't watch Dragon Ball Z on Toonami back in the day?
Miniboss pls
I didn't have cable. Wife still points out my huge TV knowledge gaps.

It's not just modern anime but you don't like dbz either? wooooooooow

I remember going to my friends house for a sleepover and watched a little. Nothing happened.
I like Kiki's Delivery Service and Pocco Rosso.

Have you read the DB manga?
As in actually read it. Not watch the anime
Reading the manga

OG Dragonball is a fun adventure comedy series, but when it comes to fight and action Toriyama fucking delivered. it was fast paced but still exciting throughout.

DBZ is when it became all action oriented and suddenly peeps just shut off their brains and accepted Goku's uber strength as some divine shit.

DBZ Goku isn't even a good protagonist; his younger self is.

My daughter makes me read Geronimo Stilton presents the Thea Sisters and My Little Pony comics for bedtime stories. I think I am good on comics. Never again.

DunpealD

That would actually be cool, Kid Goku could have a cool set of abilities and moves from the original series and he actually used his staff.

Ape transformation, Rock/Paper/Scissors, staff, tail, nimbus and could not fly.
Would even fit too considering Nintendo platforms are like the only platforms that got Kid Goku games.

I thought all Hawk players were cool until now. =(

I
occasionally
play T. Hawk. Am I in your book of cool guys too? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FF6 is pretty bad as a 30+ year old.

Used to be one of my favorites, now it's like one of those things you loved as a child and not nearly as good as you thought it was.

Or maybe it was because of the SNES Woosley translation. I dunno. Maybe I'll have to play it in Japanese next time.

vulva

Character changes aren't system changes though especially if it's just value changes and not messing with hitboxes & hurtboxes. But then again, that would be assuming they were doing it in a way that didn't force them to do a ton of work to test different things. That's asking a lot of JP developers in general...

Ah, sorry. I was quickly reading through the posts. All I see was "These tests" and thought it was for all of this pre-release stuff.

system changes was me misspeaking, I meant balance. Sorry :(

Shouta

Ape transformation, Rock/Paper/Scissors, staff, tail, nimbus and could not fly.
Would even fit too considering Nintendo platforms are like the only platforms that got Kid Goku games.

I
occasionally
play T. Hawk. Am I in your book of cool guys too? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Your internet takes points away! >=O

Are you picking up Force?

DunpealD

Your internet takes points away! >=O

Are you picking up Force?

Objection! I am innocent so is my internet!

Not sure about Force. While I do have interest, there is still SRWZ3 in my backlog, lol.

Also still waiting for console Maxi Boost.

DZTiJxz.jpg

vulva

This always happens. Something FF gets announced and suddenly I see a bunch of names of characters that I assume are all made up. I have no idea who Crono or Saitama or Aerith is and now I feel old and out of touch.

This always happens. Something FF gets announced and suddenly I see a bunch of names of characters that I assume are all made up. I have no idea who Crono or Saitama or Aerith is and now I feel old and out of touch.
Well knowing those characters would make you old as well.. Seeing old man reaction videos for Cloud (and FF7 remake).

Dlent

How the hell have you completely missed Chrono Trigger over the last twenty years?

Also, DBZ has aged incredibly poorly. Probably the most important anime of all time, but everyone even vaguely familiar with it can make fun of the abysmal pacing and predictable powerups.

DunpealD

Since not knowing Crono(Chrono Trigger SNES/PSX, etc.) or Aerith(FF7) would imply that you are senile. I would opt for out of touch, which would also fit Saitama.

Also, DBZ has aged incredibly poorly. Probably the most important anime of all time, but everyone even vaguely familiar with it can make fun of the abysmal pacing and predictable powerups.

Age has nothing to do with it. It is just paced poorly due to huge amount of fillers, if you mean OG and not Kai.

Ruin - Total mess
Balance - Tightly planned

Works out in the end, I guess?

WoB is actually worse than WoR. WoR has interesting scenarios and set pieces. Cyan sending letters to the Soldier's lover, Terra's situation in the town, Setzer's story of Daryl, Celes trying to kill herself. WoR has far more highs, better dungeons, better gameplay, and exploration.

WoB is practically, for all intents and purposes, on rails. Its pacing is awful, the game is far too linear, the dialogue "son of a submariner" "hate hate hate hate" "Mr. Thou" too awful and hokey to be enjoyable past the age of 25.

The customization system (espers) is the worst and most limiting in the series, especially for a game that's a sequel to FFV.

What gameplay that is there is incredibly easy. The game is a broken mess and probably easier than 7-9.

WoR actually saves FFVI from being mediocrity. As it is, it's a low tier FF these days, and probably the worst of the SNES FF trilogy. It's definitely no FFV.

How the hell have you completely missed Chrono Trigger over the last twenty years?

Kai owns.

vulva

Amazingly that doesn't change that I have no idea who they are, while spoken in common conversation, giving me that same sense of being out of touch. Stay losing though T Hawk player.

I tried playing it once 6 years ago, didn't know the main dude's name though and I don't really follow rpgs.

Mizerman

Kai does remedy the pacing problems by a lot.

Dahbomb

DBZ always had horrendous pacing. Most anime you can stomach having to wait a week for an episode and even then it was painful... having to wait a week for a DBZ episode would've been excruciating.

Reason why DBZ worked overseas was because when it was showed on Toonami it was showed daily right after school. I remember I was in middle school and as soon as I would get home an episode of DBZ would be airing. Hell when I started middle school was when Vegeta first landed on planet earth.

Like literally my options at that time slot were Barney and DBZ. So I watched DBZ.

I tried playing it once 6 years ago, didn't know the main dude's name though and I don't really follow rpgs.
The main character's name is what you name him!

Amazingly that doesn't change that I have no idea who they are, while spoken in common conversation, giving me that same sense of being out of touch.
Maybe you should *gasp* google them.

Rewatching DBZ Kai and its significantly better than OG DBZ. Cleaning up the animation and making cuts in all the right places definitely helped streamline it and make it much more enjoyable.

DBZ always had horrendous pacing. Most anime you can stomach having to wait a week for an episode and even then it was painful... having to wait a week for a DBZ episode would've been excruciating.

Reason why DBZ worked overseas was because when it was showed on Toonami it was showed daily right after school.

Not true.

DBZ took off way before it hit Toonami. We used to get up every Saturday morning at 6 am to watch that show and it only showed 2 episodes in a row once a week.

vulva

Maybe you should *gasp* google them.
Missing the point. My issue isn't about not being able to figure out who they are, it's about the impact of seeing all these names which go over my head and making me realize how little I actually know about video games. This is an expression of sentiment, not a complaint of a lack of ability to learn.

WarRock

WOOOOOW

I am interested in Skull Girls but do not know where to start. Is PS3 version missing stuff from Vita/PS4? Is it more ground than air? I haven't really followed it but it recently has update and I think now is a good time to try it out.
Doesn't matter the platform, "Skullgirls 2nd Encore" is the latest version.

It's not as bad as Gundam. I swear, half of those names must be made up.
Tomino's true legacy is Gundam naming.

Dahbomb

Not true.

DBZ took off way before it hit Toonami. We used to get up every Saturday morning at 6 am to watch that show and it only showed 2 episodes in a row once a week.
What channel are you talking about? I only remember DBZ being aired on CN Toonami when I was growing up.

It definitely felt like DBZ blew up when it started airing on Toonami. At least that's what it felt like talking with people at the time. Minus those weirdos who got the pirated VHSs.

What channel are you talking about? I only remember DBZ being aired on CN Toonami when I was growing up.

It definitely felt like DBZ blew up when it started airing on Toonami. At least that's what it felt like talking with people at the time. Minus those weirdos who got the pirated VHSs.

It was on UPN or WB, forgot, before moving to Toonami.

It moved to Toonami when Funimation started dubbing it themselves. Where do you think the Ocean dub aired? On free tv.

Show took way off before Toonami. It came to Toonami because it was getting so popular to begin with. We could wait week to week for DBZ because we were kids and kids don't mind stuff like that. In fact, the Namek saga repeated about 2-3 times with no new episodes and we kept watching anyways. DBZ on Toonami was a big deal because they were continuing the show and we were getting new episodes. Before then, they stopped on the party when Goku arrives to fight the Ginyu Force.

Beckx

I am pretty sure that's the guy who does the voice of Kazuya Miyuki in Ace of the Diamond doing Cloud's Japanese voice in the trailer

which is really really fucking cool

Objection! I am innocent so is my internet!

Not sure about Force. While I do have interest, there is still SRWZ3 in my backlog, lol.

Also still waiting for console Maxi Boost.

Meanwhile I'm considering getting a dedicated JP Vita for Force so I can get Barbados without having to wipe my US Vita.

Mizerman

Yeah, DBZ was already huge before it came to Toonami. It definitely got more popular by the time it hit Toonami, tho.

mbpm1

I guess I can safely say that DBZ never really interested me.

Just came into anime from a different generation/viewpoint I guess.

Numb

The Mika booty slap movement is too real

I don't mind Cloud but him being Square's rep in the game is kinda disgusting.
Indeed.
Lara Croft or Hitman as a rep would have been amazing i must say

Started anime really late and didnt get to DBZ till 2012. Still was awesome.

Dahbomb

Well I had seen anime way before DBZ. Like I grew up on stuff like Devilman, Fist of the North Star, Saint Seiya and Guyver. But that stuff was really hard to get living in Pakistan (only through VHSs) so when I moved to the US it was mind blowing seeing anime on regular TV.

I honestly didn't really get into anime until I got into college and my roommate introduced me to a whole bunch of non mainstream anime.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

It aired in syndication before that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom