• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

That game was also developed by Eighting iirc.

the UI/HUD is evocative of TvC to me

Check out a comparison of the main life bars between Kamen Rider Chou Climax Heroes and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Similar colors and bordering. Even similar contouring even though the shapes are different...just sort of gives the same feel overall.

IbwqQD4.jpg

Crazy thing was that sooooooo many Riders had so many crazy forms or were designed back in different editions of the series for different games with different meter setups and tools that there were actually a LOT of different meter designs for the Rider bar itself. Dudes had assault style gauges, card based ones for Ryuki, One that showed all the rings for Wizard to change forms with in a match, OOO's and Fourze both had gauges that showed their respective devices that you could loadout differently to mix and match their powers and moves from all their forms, and some even had other stuff too.

DqHIOFP.jpg

Not too different from TVC's gauge though for some of those styles.

TchPkfB.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if TVC was built off of the same base engine since the Climax Heroes games only ever came to Wii or PSP which each had engines setup for them. The PSP only because they had the PS2 engine and that stuff ran on PSP. It'd explain why TVC may never get ported to any other console. If it was based off the Rider game's engine it had to have been heavily modified for all the radically different things in that game. If they built TVC in that matter then it'd be too far removed from the basic engine to really hope for it to work by say trying to port TVC into the PS2 engine that runs on PSP stuff without having to actually rebuild all those new parts into that engine as well. If they had a licensed game they typically dumped it into the same engine the Climax Heroes games ran on (Bleach used it too). They could have possibly just treated TVC as another and dumped it into that base engine only to have to heavily modify it to suit Niitsuma.

This is all speculation really, but if so...it'd make a lot of sense for both how TVC ended up on the Wii to begin with and why they couldn't get it off of there. If any of this was true they would have essentially needed to have cowrote the same changes to the Wii version of that engine to the PS2 version of that engine as they made them to keep it straight unless they were godlike in coder notations. Even then it wouldn't have been entirely the same as likely things would need setup different for call functions and arrays on the PS2 engine. Anyhow if that is the case...TVC is a frankenstein successor of an engine originally made for PS2 that was converted to the wii. It would explain why it even went there to begin with...they already had a base engine for that console to build from to handle the Capcom title and it would allow eighting onto a "next gen" console with a fighting game. Not like eighting did anything on SFIV so at the time it was this or just keep putting stuff on PSP.

Horseress

Cool, are any of these punishes that would not otherwise happen?

Most CA's are punishable on block, Ryu's CA isn't. And even if he parries the whole CA, he is vulnerable. The extra parry after the CA is complete, parrying the sweep, is something he wouldn't be able to punish otherwise

WarRock

Oh god yeah. I played a LOT of both Kamen Rider The Bee summon style and Kamen Rider The Bee clockup style.

Both were great. Clockup style had the whole "Ammy slow" thing going on with Clockup and could loop crumples into themselves forever, but since they would build enough meter to burst out it wasn't nearly as crazy and fun as Summon style who could call in an infantry to assist him with gunfire. Plus his cancel combos are so great. You spend one bar to jump cancel after you do any of his launchers, but watch the meter in this craziness...he builds enough to finish with more bar than when he started. It only ends due to scaling.
TheBee assist groove could Clock Up too! You had to tilt the analog up IIRC, and he would Clock Up instead of calling the troopers.

And he didn't even needed that to be bonkers.

His side special just felt too good to hit too.

shaowebb

TheBee assist groove could Clock Up too! You had to tilt the analog up IIRC, and he would Clock Up instead of calling the troopers.

And he didn't even needed that to be bonkers.

His side special just felt too good to hit too.

Yeah, I was super pumped when I found that out too! I remember running to Tokugaf to tell em about it. You could also clockup with some other stuff like Kabuto due to that. Made Hyper Kabuto insane.

WarRock

Yeah, I was super pumped when I found that out too! I remember running to Tokugaf to tell em about it. You could also clockup with some other stuff like Kabuto due to that. Made Hyper Kabuto insane.
Hyper Kabuto was always broken in the older games too, Chou Climax gave us Eternal to compete. Absolutely ridiculous specials and damage.

But my favorite thing still is Maximum Drive'ing W CycloneMetal and mashing X lol

what is damage scaling

Zissou

hmm, I wonder what's happening over on dustloo-

"I'll start off with Sol Badguy, since I'm most familiar with him, and not so much with many other characters.

Overall he seems pretty solid, not a bad character, and it's even been stated that he's like top 2 in Revalator thanks to the nerfs that everyone else got. Tends to be overrated by many newcomers (in place of another word ;) ) due to the nature of his playstyle in previous games, despite him seemingly having the most openings and built-in drawbacks to his moves. He's definitely not as wild and abare as he used to be, and for the life of me, I don't understand why people have such a problem fighting him. He gets outzoned easily, has very poor mixup, and his neutral game during midscreen is a joke for the most part. Everything he DOES has an opening, and a simplistic punishment, and fighting against mixup heavy high low characters is a pain for him as he has absolutely NO safe option to deal with them. His attacks seem to be pretty poor as tools for use in anything other than when they're already hitting in a combo. Thrives when the opponent is cornered, though with limited ability to keep the opponent there as opponents jumping seems to be his main enemy. While his combos may be damaging, for a simplistic character, it seems they made the timings for his best combinations very strict, which is wild to me, seeing as if you managed to hit them, why do you not deserve your damage without struggling to pull it off? It's not the player's fault that they designed a simplistic character, but being that he's simplistic, he should not have to barely string his attacks together to get his damage. I propose the following changes to his moves, with brief explanations as to why I'm doing it, and how they would improve his gameplay."

hmm

Dahbomb

Anyone talking about this new Marvel 3 glitch?

https://youtu.be/DEIJejHxfWo

If a player hard tags and then immediately brings the original character back in while the screen is shifting, the game will reset character positions to where they were before the tags were made. The reset happens when the original character returns to neutral.

LOL WTF!

Tripon

...the hell? 8 pools with 4-5 players in each pool? why can't they just have a single bracket for the entire tournament since not many people are attending?

If I had to take a guess, they likely want their locals to play international competition as much as possible before being knocked out. With round robin pools, they get to play everyone in the pools once vs. bracket pools where you are 0-2 and may not play anyone good.

Edit: And I just realized that Saigon Cup only has 39 people entered. This might easily be the least number of entries for a CPT major ever.

2nd Edit: Saigon Cup TO said there will be on site reg so it won't look this badly at the end.

pixelish

If I had to take a guess, they likely want their locals to play international competition as much as possible before being knocked out. With round robin pools, they get to play everyone in the pools once vs. bracket pools where you are 0-2 and may not play anyone good.

Edit: And I just realized that Saigon Cup only has 39 people entered. This might easily be the least number of entries for a CPT major ever.

2nd Edit: Saigon Cup TO said there will be on site reg so it won't look this badly at the end.
okay i'm fine with them doing round robin pools but it's still a relatively weak pool of players, especially considering that this is a CPTA qualifier.

Shit looks weak. I hope Gackt or Shiro take the whole thing or at least get 2nd place. I want somebody new in the top 32.
man, it must be demoralising for shiro to travel to so many tournaments this year but only manage to secure a meager amount of points.

capcom, please give shiro "Best Attendance Award" at capcom cup as a consolation prize if he does not qualify for the event.

Zissou

Anyone talking about this new Marvel 3 glitch?

https://youtu.be/DEIJejHxfWo

LOL WTF!

Crazy stuff, but probably not super applicable? I mean, to force it to occur, you have to force the screen to shift, which the guy in the vid does by landing a combo, and raw tagging after comboing into wall bounce. If that's the only real way to accomplish it, why would you forego a kill to do a nutty reset? Will be hype when somebody busts it out in tournament, but just sayin'.

NEO0MJ

Crazy stuff, but probably not super applicable? I mean, to force it to occur, you have to force the screen to shift, which the guy in the vid does by landing a combo, and raw tagging after comboing into wall bounce. If that's the only real way to accomplish it, why would you forego a kill to do a nutty reset? Will be hype when somebody busts it out in tournament, but just sayin'.

Maybe you won't be able to land a kill with the combo and so risk doing this mix up.

Zissou

Maybe you won't be able to land a kill with the combo and so risk doing this mix up.

It's quite rare that somebody can't kill off any touch these days, and when they can't, it's because they only have one char left, which means they wouldn't have access to this glitch. If you have teammate(s) left and can't kill, TAC/fake TAC reset will remain the best option.

For you to consider using it (aside from swag/styling on someone), you need a point that can combo into a wall bounce, no TAC infinite available via a teammate, and be in a situation where you can't kill.

This is just based on the video though- if there are other ways to cause it to occur reliably, things could pan out differently.

NEO0MJ

It's quite rare that somebody can't kill off any touch these days, and when they can't, it's because they only have one char left, which means they wouldn't have access to this glitch. If you have teammate(s) left and can't kill, TAC/fake TAC reset will remain the best option.

For you to consider using it (aside from swag/styling on someone), you need a point that can combo into a wall bounce, no TAC infinite available via a teammate, and be in a situation where you can't kill.

This is just based on the video though- if there are other ways to cause it to occur reliably, things could pan out differently.

I guess you're right. But maybe against high health characters like Hulk? Though even he can die in one hit. Often characters don't die only when a combo is dropped so no point in switching in that case.

Fitts

How is the PS3 version of Third Strike? It's been a while... thinking about jumping back in but I don't have a 360.

jerry1594

PSN average ping is like 200 probably. Virtually all the players I've heard talk about it say PSN sucks (playerbase and connection), but ymmv. If you have a group of friends to play with and use ethernet it's fine.

Grakl

RIP

Aaaaaaaaaaah shit its time for some hype!
Ytx93xu.jpg

TVC HYPE

Muggshotter (Condor / Karas) vs mmKALLL (Zero / Ryu)

BONUS! Tatsunoko vs Capcom was at EVO 2015 this year in a $400 side tourney. Also it has over 100 write in votes for CEO-taku right now and folks are trying to make it happen. Plus it looks like we may be able to be a part of Frosty Faustings this year if things work out. CHECK OUT SOME EVO 2015 FOOTAGE!

EVO 2015 MD Micah (Zero/Tekkaman Blade) vs MC|GCYoshi (PTX-40)

EVO 2015 MC|KBeast (Karas/Morrigan) vs. Cless Aileron (Ken The Eagle/Polimar)

MagnoManX (Casshan/Megaman Volnutt) vs. Rotanibor (Tekkaman Blade/Ryu)

Never played TvC before, thinking of getting it now actually lol, would probably be fun to run at weekly FG club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom