• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulubop

Looks like Choco, Momochi, and Kazu are also heading to Korea to join Infiltration. Pretty strange to call on them to showcase SFV as they usually only use Daigo, Tokido, and Mago. Well, Momochi is understandable because he's been on Capcom TV a lot lately.

Wait, when is this?

I def fuck with this.

Okay, I'm going to try and expand my fighting game palette beyond Street Fighter. What games should I go with that have healthy amount of online players still and can help with my SF game?

KoF98 UM (a favorite but not sure how the player pool is)
KoF02 UM (another fave)
KoF13 (never played it)
Mortal Kombat X (don't like MK)
Tekken 6
Tekken Tag (love this game but not sure if the player pool is healthy)
Virtua Fighter 5: FS (love it but VF is too fucking deep for me right now, also the online is dead, dead, dead)
BlazBlue (never played)
Guilty Gear Xrd (haven't played GG since the original GGXX on ps2 which I loved)

I wish SvC Chaos got a port. Loved that game.

Tripon

Harrison Young from Norcal added to the Capcom Unity team.

Hey guys, wanted to take the time and introduce myself to the people who might not have seen me around yet. I started playing Street Fighter back in ‘09 and played competitively. During that time I also helped run tournaments to grow our local scene at Starbase Arcade in northern California. While I enjoyed competing, being behind the scenes was more of what I wanted to do so I put full focus on producing live events. After running my own events for a while and helping others with their own, I was asked to work at the Street Fighter 25th anniversary tournament. This led to working with Capcom at Capcom Cup and various other events which eventually resulted in joining Capcom officially earlier this year. I’m excited to be helping give you the updates for Resident Evil and other projects. Even though Street Fighter has been so important to me the last few years, Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite games off all time and I’m glad to be part of a franchise and company that has always been such a big part of my life!

---

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...om-unity-team-introducing-kellen-and-harrison

pixelish

stream info for cpta last chance qualifier and finals
last chance qualifier will go live in 2.5 hours at http://twitch.tv/capcomfighters
CToW1YjUwAEyQAI.png

MrDaravon

Oh Jesus that starts in 2.5 hours? Welp, guess I'm missing most/all of that, I'm about to go to sleep. I chose poorly in waking up so early this morning :(

I can probably drag myself out of bed for Top 16, who needs sleep anyway

Rhapsody

Banned
>=|

Seriously though, while I really like FF6, it does have its faults. The World of Ruin is a total mess compared to the very tightly planned Word of Balance.

I guess I'm mixed on it. World of Balance had good pacing yet a bit restrictive in a sense. World of Ruin was an interesting experience to where I'm not sure on how I'd like them to change it while keeping the feeling they had intact. It was a fun experience going from place to place to see what's changed and to find your friends.

Looked at the different fighting games besides USFIV being played now and I don't find any of them appealing except KOF13.

I like SF's balance of offense and defense. Footsies, trapping people with them. Some of these other games have them, like Tekken Tag 2 or GG Xrd in a way, but it's just too offensive and combo-oriented for me. The combos go on forever in these matches, and that seems to be the main purpose than the SF formula. Also, a lot of them I find are way too frantic.

I'm trying pick a secondary fighting game and not sure what to do. They just don't look as fun as SF to me.

Maybe I'm just being a stickler and need to dive in? I dunno.

I compare SFIV's pacing to something like Tekken Tag 2 and I'm just put off by it. I guess I love SF's more deliberate slow pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_66XgwYc0A Projectile vs Charge. Classic SF match up.

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B3qMlI_B7g some of these Tekken fights.

Rising Thunder and Killer Instinct are the best answer. They play the closest to SF that aren't SF.

They are also well-populated.

If you're interested in other games (like KOF or Tekken), play around with them. It's good to have perspective on fighting game systems. For those games you'll have to do some networking to get matches, though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tried making Floe in Fallout 4 but they don't have his hairdo.

Cloud is in Smash now? Another one million copies to be sold.

Essay

I say give Xrd more of a chance. It's very active right now, and this sort of momentum can go a long way in making quick progress. Maybe see if some of the introductory theory videos posted on Novril's YouTube channel help you internalize how GG matches play out? The "slow and methodical" is definitely hidden in there, but it's also something that only becomes apparent once you've played the game enough to understand how the neutral game goes and what the characters are doing.

Shun

If you want a slower, methodical defense based game maybe play Under Night in-Birth exe:late(st)?

I prefer faster games but UNIEL is fun.

rookiejet

Give Rising Thunder a try if that's what you are looking for. I feel you'll improve your thinking of strategy and approach to general play faster there because you wouldn't necessarily struggle against execution as much. Applying answers to problems is very often fairly straightforward and intuitive, and grinding time outside of fights is minimal in comparison to other games. The netplay is amazing and the matchmaking is good. I'm still not sure about the robot motif, but I'm a sucker for cheeseball/goofiness, and its voice acting has a lot of it which has given the characters some appreciable charm for me (like I still find myself repeating lines of the characters as I play idk how many months in now).

It's a fun game, and it's simple enough it won't take you long to form your own opinion of it. Hit me up on steam (my username is the same as here) if you decide to try it and want some games.

still can't get over Cloud in being Smash

take Melee out of Evo and only Sm4sh

no more using the struggle version of Cloud
Ike
trains younger players and also teaches them how to act professionally, how to behave on stage, etc.

basically, it's a development company or japan's answer to emp.

hopefully SFV blows up over there and the company blooms because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom