• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the most bizarre account suicide I have seen on GAF. Then again the whole concept of account suicide is bizarre to me.

Seemed like a reasonable person based on the posts made here.
Did the post get removed? Maybe he just didn't know the limits...
I didn't see the post

pixelish

judging by the responses on sports spoilers not being spoilers, i guess i'm the only here who tries to avoid fg tourney results 'spoilers' :x

WarRock

So, this is an indie brazilian fighting game with only one attack button + directions (a single direction for normals both on the ground and in the air, two for specials, as far as I understand) and an infinite prevention system of sorts - seems like your combo ends when a "life sphere breaks".

Mechanics explanation
New character, a cangaceiro (an outlaw from the northwest of Brazil with very specific code of conduct that developed tons of survival, gun maintenance and modifications techniques, dress codes and famous in some towns for the parties they would throw for the general populace after a successful heist)

Not sure if the final game is going to have the exact same input method, since the game designer is calling the one button build the "Minimal" version.

So, this is an indie brazilian fighting game with only one attack button + directions (a single direction for normals both on the ground and in the air, two for specials, as far as I understand) and an infinite prevention system of sorts - seems like your combo ends when a "life sphere breaks".

Mechanics explanation
New character, a cangaceiro (an outlaw from the northwest of Brazil with very specific code of conduct that developed tons of survival, gun maintenance and modifications techniques, dress codes and famous in some towns for the parties they would throw for the general populace after a successful heist)

Not sure if the final game is going to have the exact same input method, since the game designer is calling the one button build the "Minimal" version.

Has a bit of a Metal Slug look to it in the outlaw announcement video.

Razer has the best SF team now

Madcatz - Daigo, Tokido, Mago

EG - Momochi, Pr Rog, Kbrad/Justin/Ricky (IMO Justin)

RZR - Fuudo, Xian, Infiltration

Round robin. Team with the most points wins. With money on the line.
dunno who's money lol

@Evo? Markman pls make it happen

Madcatz - Daigo, Tokido, Mago

EG - Momochi, Pr Rog, Kbrad/Justin/Ricky (IMO Justin)

RZR - Fuudo, Xian, Infiltration

Round robin. Team with the most points wins. With money on the line.
dunno who's money lol

@Evo? Markman pls make it happen

Round robin? Shit is a wrap. Daigo the round robin god is on Mad Catz. On the other hand, Tokido and Mago are also on the team. Mago used to be a round robin god for early SF4, but is getting bopped out of B League. Tokido was never good in round robin.

pixelish

Who won last night?
this guy
xqZ3sg2.png

4WjVupp.jpg

Tripon

If I make a fighting game tournament next week, it'll likely be copy and paste from FGC calendar. It's just Meltdown Bar (Luffy's sponsers) and Smash.

But in 2 weeks, its Dreamhack, and in 3 weeks, Capcom Cup.

Edit:

As a reminder, Capcom Cup is in 3 weeks. If you want to write a player profile, please PM me, or I will show I am a Infiltration Stan and say that he is the favorite and everyone else is there to eat ass.

DunpealD

I play USFIV on steam. Is there a SF community thread? Where do I go to find gaffers who play it on Steam?

USFIV community thread, but it is pretty barren right now.

There is also a scrubGAF group, same thing applies as above and seems to be even longer inactive than the community thread.

Best try is to ask around here probably. If you are EU or Eastcoast I can play you.

If I make a fighting game tournament next week, it'll likely be copy and paste from FGC calendar. It's just Meltdown Bar (Luffy's sponsers) and Smash.

But in 2 weeks, its Dreamhack, and in 3 weeks, Capcom Cup.

Edit:

As a reminder, Capcom Cup is in 3 weeks. If you want to write a player profile, please PM me, or I will show I am a Infiltration Stan and say that he is the favorite and everyone else is there to eat ass.

But there is no longer any ass to eat according to SFV.

shaowebb

Anyone up for some evening UNIEL?

Not yet sadly. I think I got wind its been bought for me for the holidays so I had to kinda cancel an order for it once it went on sale on Amazon recently. Hope to play some folks later and joined a few groups for it.

Who are the top tier right now anyhow? HIlda looked pretty sick.

Tripon

If anyone is wondering why Razer chose Gamestart Asia to introduce Infiltration as part of Team Razer, the CEO, Min-Liang Tan is Singaporean.

El Sloth

Banned
Not yet sadly. I think I got wind its been bought for me for the holidays so I had to kinda cancel an order for it once it went on sale on Amazon recently. Hope to play some folks later and joined a few groups for it.

I'm honestly not the best person to ask about this, but I can give you my personal assessment if you'd like:

I think it's pretty safe to say Gordeau remains the undisputed top in UNIEL with Merkava and maybe Eltnum right underneath him. Afterwards you maybe got Waldstein, Carmine, and Hilda in Damn Good But Not Exactly Top tier and Vatista, Hyde and Yuzu right behind them. I don't know where I'd put Orie and Linne.

Keep in mind I'm just some dude on the internet with zero pedigree and prestige. Negative even.

I don't know how things have changed up UNI[st].

I play Hilda and I personally think she does well against all the top tiers, outright beating most of them in my opinion. Especially Waldstein. So easy to clip his huge body with one of her equally huge normals. Hilda has a tough time against everyone once she gets knockdown, however. Her only real reversal option is Veil Off (the game's take on Burst). Also: Fuck Linne(s).

shaowebb

I'm honestly not the best person to ask about this, but I can give you my personal assessment if you'd like:

I think it's pretty safe to say Gordeau remains the undisputed top in UNIEL with Merkava and maybe Eltnum right underneath him. Afterwards you maybe got Waldstein, Carmine, and Hilda in Damn Good But Not Exactly Top tier and Vatista, Hyde and Yuzu right behind them. I don't know where I'd put Orie and Linne.

Keep in mind I'm just some dude on the internet with zero pedigree and prestige. Negative even.

I don't know how things have changed up UNI[st].

I play Hilda and I personally think she does well against all the top tiers, outright beating most of them in my opinion. Especially Waldstein. So easy to clip his huge body with one of her equally huge normals.

All I know is I love seeing Merkava's grabs. Dude looks great.

EDIT: Also on the topic of anime fighters, does anyone know if Chaos Code is getting netplay patched in soon? Its stayed supported in japan since launch on the PS3 and I saw it at CEOtaku and it looked hype. Thing is with no netcode its dead, but I remembered them talking that it was still in the works.

Anyone know more on this title? Combos look sick.

Anne

It's something like

Gord
Merk Eltnum Vatista
Carmine Linne Wald Hyde Hilda
everybody else
Akatsuki Chaos

there are some variations in there. Seth sometimes is put between "everybody else" and the bottom, sometimes the "everybody else" is a bit more uniform with the tier above, since the differences there aren't huge, etc. No order or anything. Also note this isn't like some list, it's just one I threw together in a couple minutes based on all the other lists I've seen and personal experience.

Sloth is kinda right about Hilda btw. She does well enough in top tiers, I wouldn't say beats them, but she can actually fight some of the stronger characters and setplay people to death. She has some really problematic MUs though, like Linne pushes 7-3 some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom