• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Troll Sagat lives.

I see so many Giefs go with EX greenhand than a FADC. Like... why? You burn a whole meter just for that and all you get is a block.

Dlent

Arc System Works' next release is...

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!!????? (this is probably new thread worthy, but I'm on mobile right now).

What's with JP publishers announcing PC versions out of nowhere?

Out of nowhere, a steam release for a game I was convinced wouldn't be localized. This series might actually fare better on PC, especially if the netcode is decent and you can get it on sale for five dollars.

EDIT: wait, this isn't the latest version... FFFFFFFF

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Should we start doing threads for weekly shows like capcom pro talk? Giant bomb dudes do it for the bombcast etc
Might as well revive Fighting Game Wednesdays in Tuesday form, then slowly over the next 4 years we can rebuild FGW again!

Then we can get sent to Community and do it all over again!

shaowebb

Arc System Works' next Steam release is...

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!!????? (this is probably new thread worthy, but I'm on mobile right now).

What's with JP publishers announcing PC versions out of nowhere?

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIT! Double dipping. Fucking double dipping. Goin in online and double dipping.

Seriously guys buy this fucking thing. Yeah yeah yeah, moe desu genki aguu and all that shit...whatever. ITS A FUCKING CUSTOM MOVESET CANCEL FEST SANDBOX.

Homing dash? Dash cancels? Custom Xfactor bonuses? Add several specials supers and ultras plus passive traits to any moveset? FUCK YES YOU CAN DO THIS! Its like everyone gets to be Magneto and my god are the mixups and setups sick in this title.

Fucking buy it!.

iYqzEz0.gif

vB4ZrHw.gif

Check this tourney insanity

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars isn't out yet in Japan and adds one character and one new Arcana and a few balance changes. If you haven't played it yet the balance changes aren't severe according to pro players. More a quality of life thing. One character is not a lot to worry about here. Get in there. Its amazing. There are movesets with Hurricane Polymar glyph cancels, movesets with Jojo stands, movesets like Dorothy that are the most unique trap filled things ever made, and thats all before adding all the new moves and abilities with each Arcana come into play.

Go in on this. Its soooooooooooooooooo good. If this game's setup was done on any other theme than pure Moe it would be blowing up scenes. If DBZ was done on the Arcana system we'd have our new stream game of hype.

Out of nowhere, a steam release for a game I was convinced wouldn't be localized. This series might actually fare better on PC, especially if the netcode is decent and you can get it on sale for five dollars.

It's the closest we've ever gotten to an up to date version - Six Stars!!!!!! hasnt gotten a console release anywhere, right? Progress?

phaonaut

Should we start doing threads for weekly shows like capcom pro talk? Giant bomb dudes do it for the bombcast etc

Not a bad idea, but we don't get much discussion about Pro Talk/UltraChen in this thread. I doubt a thread on the game side would get much more traction given how "inside" most of the talk is.

shaowebb

Anyone you think I would like, Shaowebb?

Who do you play in other fighters and what do you enjoy using the most as tactics. There is a character for everyone and an arcana to make anyone into something unique building from that foundation.

EDIT:
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max wiki

^ This will give you breakdowns on arcanas, tools and characters to help you get acclimated but I can try to help. If you like putting up walls of bullshit and mixups though I will always tout Dorothy as a great character. Definitely read her moveset. Also I feel Nazuna and Scharlachrot are amazing long range poke folks. Nazuna is a unique thing with a staff she can fling out sorta like Litchi though without her left right mixup stuff and by mashing you can make it spin and do more hits which is great for messing with folks and making them respect you too much. Scharlachrot is like Hazama's crazy shit from Blaz Blue with chains pokes and grabs. Great beginner character is Heart with love arcana for lasers, homing projectiles, AA combos, air options and general all around goodness (competitive in every version ever).

Tripon

I don't want to watch OBS, what's going on?

It's a long story, and it's not safe for work, and a lot of the details are disgusting. I'll try to give you the short version that is somewhat sanitized.

A Florida girl named Cynthia tried to befriend Mew2King online. After months of communication, M2K thought he was dating Cynthia. Mind you, they never actually met in real life before this. Cynthia is trying to look for a job and wants to break into the sponsor side of the Smash business. So M2K convinced his boss/sponsor, MVG to hire her as part of the staff and also to hook up with her. It ends as well as you would expect as a lot of the accusations against her is that she didn't know how to do the job she was hired. She gets fired eventually after being accused of stealing from the company. She then accuses the company (MVG) of not paying players/staff. And MVG in turn accused her of using company funds to house her boyfriend and using the company car for personal things.

Meanwhile, she has been trading rare amiibos for nude pics and videos and uh, other things. Those pics and videos were leaked by a Smash player who hacked her or her boyfriend account that housed this stuff and now it's out on the internet.

Again, it's a lot longer and I'm leaving out details, and I don't like the fact that I actually typed out of all of this out because it's pretty skeevy. I'm going to take a shower now.

Who do you play in other fighters and what do you enjoy using the most as tactics. There is a character for everyone and an arcana to make anyone into something unique building from that foundation.

EDIT:
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max wiki

^ This will give you breakdowns on arcanas, tools and characters to help you get acclimated but I can try to help. If you like putting up walls of bullshit and mixups though I will always tout Dorothy as a great character. Definitely read her moveset. Also I feel Nazuna and Scharlachrot are amazing long range poke folks. Nazuna is a unique thing with a staff she can fling out like Litchi and by mashing you can make it spin and do more hits which is great for messing with folks and making them respect you too much. Scharlachrot is like Hazama's crazy shit from Blaz Blue with chains pokes and grabs. Great beginner character is Heart with love arcana for lasers, homing projectiles, AA combos, air options and general all around goodness (competitive in every version ever).
Dormammu
Mewtwo
Zato
Bison
Blackheart/Sentinel/CapCom

Villains, space control, defensive play. No weapons allowed.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What's the scoop on M2K? Since we're in Community, we can't go any lower than this.

Edit:

I just can't.... So M2K thought he was dating her yet she had another guy? I just don't understand... I felt wrong reading that summary.

Kumubou

Dormammu
Mewtwo
Zato
Bison
Blackheart/Sentinel/CapCom

Villains, space control, defensive play. No weapons allowed.
Scharlachrot would definitely be the closest to this, but I don't know how strict your last point is since she summons chains to attack with.

Tripon

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees, I'm back as Tripon. The name means fatty or fat pig in Spanish, is also a Hungarian surname, and the real reason I picked this name back in the day because I unintentionally typo ed Tripod, and realized nobody else on the internet was using Tripon at the places I visited.

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIT! Double dipping. Fucking double dipping. Goin in online and double dipping.

Seriously guys buy this fucking thing. Yeah yeah yeah, moe desu genki aguu and all that shit...whatever. ITS A FUCKING CUSTOM MOVESET CANCEL FEST SANDBOX.

Homing dash? Dash cancels? Custom Xfactor bonuses? Add several specials supers and ultras plus passive traits to any moveset? FUCK YES YOU CAN DO THIS! Its like everyone gets to be Magneto and my god are the mixups and setups sick in this title.

Fucking buy it!.

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars isn't out yet in Japan and adds one character and one new Arcana and a few balance changes. If you haven't played it yet the balance changes aren't severe according to pro players. More a quality of life thing. One character is not a lot to worry about here. Get in there. Its amazing. There are movesets with Hurricane Polymar glyph cancels, movesets with Jojo stands, movesets like Dorothy that are the most unique trap filled things ever made, and thats all before adding all the new moves and abilities with each Arcana come into play.

Go in on this. Its soooooooooooooooooo good. If this game's setup was done on any other theme than pure Moe it would be blowing up scenes. If DBZ was done on the Arcana system we'd have our new stream game of hype.

Hey Shadow, you're not being very clear. I.....shouldn't...buy Arcana Heart? Is that what you're telling me?

/Kyappa

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees, I'm back as Tripon. The name means fatty or fat pig in Spanish, is also a Hungarian surname, and the real reason I picked this name back in the day because I unintentionally typo ed Tripod, and realized nobody else on the internet was using Tripon at the places I visited.

I'm never calling you that name.

pixelish

on a more positive note, bonchan just tweeted a picture of him when he signed the redbull contract

ボンちゃん ‏@katitagaribon 6m
レッドブル・アスリート契約する時の写真!緊張したー\(^o^)/

photo from when I signed the contract with redbulljapan ! So nervous!

Arcana Heart is coming to PC.

I see at least one person excited for this, meaning I have an excuse to play and learn this game more. Is there more tourney footage to watch and study? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom