• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikirin

The few things I want out of Nine are:
3) Deep spell mechanics that make me think during the match's meta about a long-term gameplan.

For what it's worth, there's some alleged info on her courtesy of Dustloop's Zedar. From: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...lay-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=941660

This is what I've read on a Japanese forum claiming to have got early access to the magazine. The poster did post a photo of the magazine, but it was only up for 10 minutes so I missed it.
So what I'm trying to say is, take it with a pinch of salt. I hoped other sites would report about it, but they ignored BBCF completely.

Nine doesn't have a drive, instead she is using sorcery. She activates her magic with the D button.
Her Stock consists of two symbols, the left one is "Stock slot" and the right one are "Active slot".
When an attack hit or is being blocked, the active slot will change into the element of that attack.
A: Water
B: Wind
C: Fire
After that, by doing a certain command the element from the active slot will be put into the stock slot.
The stock slot can contain up to three elements, and depending on what elements that are in the stock slot the magic will change(for example Fire. Or Fire Fire Fire. Or Water Wind Fire).

There are some more info from that poster.

Original Japanese text at the link.

I miss that and having hair. Why is life so cruel sometimes?

xwdQKV1.gif

Welcome to my world!
I feel old and everything hurts.

I hope there is a "SF for old people" group when SF5 comes out.

What a beautiful post.

I agree. Cindi has the best attitude about learning/appreciating something.

Kikirin

At a time when I was close to giving up on games as a hobby, SF comes and gives me something new to love.

Amazing.

As others have said, great write-up and an excellent attitude to have towards learning and growing as a player. All gamers should cultivate this same perspective, no matter the game or genre played.

Exr

Awesome post Cindi, well written. Keep up those progress reports for us.
Anybody have any experience with Fightcade here? I just want to play some ST online. What other games work with it?

Daigo, the goat guest, is going to be on Kachitagari TV next week. I look forward to the banter between he and Bonchan.

Also Snake Eyez The Movie Part 2 comes out in 30 min.

FACE

Banned

I felt bad for him when Poongko showed up.

Awesome post Cindi, well written. Keep up those progress reports for us.
Anybody have any experience with Fightcade here? I just want to play some ST online. What other games work with it?

I play 3rd Strike and Vampire Savior with it, Alpha 3 also works cause Arturo was streaming some matches the other day.

Mizerman

I think i may have to take back playing as a starter to learn a fighting game.

I feel like my improvement stalled playing as Ryu. Going back to Poison, sure, I'm more aware of stuff like footsies, but ultimately, I've improved more in this weekend (20 hours clocked) than I did in the past month. I feel like loving a character and connecting with them probably drives for improvement more than learning a character you're expected to learn. Not that I'm not going to learn Ryu. :p

Tonight I went into the lab, worked on my rekka's. Then I specifically put in characters in the trianing mode that I have trouble with. Guys like Abel or Seth. I did situational training: Abel's roll, Seth's fireball fights and zoning and pokes.

Tonight I fought a bunch of Seth's and Abel's.

I didn't manage to beat a single one, but I almost did. That means a lot to me. In some cases I was actually taking them to school and with a really poor match up on my hands. So even when I lost I felt like I had still had my pride intact.

This video is the single handedly most useful video on Street Fighter and fighting games I've ever seen beyond Daigo vs Alex Valle Ryu vs Ryu match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQQCan5oo90

I would LOVE to watch more stuff like this but I can't find anything as good.

This past weekend SF really clicked with me. When I say click, I don't mean winning ALL THE TIME, I mean understanding the game, what I'm supposed to do on a character to character basis, using discretion, using strategies.

Tonight I fought someone on my friend list who plays Rose. Rose is his main and he's a B rank. I'm a D+ rank. I gave him a run for his money and even managed to beat him. It's subtle shit that shows the game has clicked. When fighting Rose, I realize that she has a reflect for fb. So during the initial neutral game at match start, if I'm not into pushing his buttons by playing offensively and getting into his face, I start it off with a medium fb. He'll meet it half way, then I'll throw out a small fb, and he does the same. The next fb, many Rose players will try to reflect it, so I use heavy fb to give him the illusion that I'm going to throw out an fb that has enough spacing to hit him. When he wastes his move, I'll jump in his face with a Love Me Tender, or walk up and nail him with a ranged normal like standing HP.

This may not be a big deal, but I never played mind games before playing fighters. I never considered fb spacing before this weekend, or speeds, or what they're even for.

I'm learning how to slowly learn how to think like the player by knowing their moves and how they react against mine.

It's such a very, very satisfying manner of play, and I've never played a video game with this amount of mind games. It's like the entire genre has opened up for me with things I never considered and I'm obsessed with being better and getting ahead of the people I fight regularly.

At a time when I was close to giving up on games as a hobby, SF comes and gives me something new to love.

Amazing.

I like the attitude.

Exr

I felt bad for him when Poongko showed up.

I play 3rd Strike and Vampire Savior with it, Alpha 3 also works cause Arturo was streaming some matches the other day.
Sweet im a big 3S fan, thanks. As I get older all I want to play are ST and 3S.

Kikirin

For what it's worth, there's some alleged info on her courtesy of Dustloop's Zedar. From: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...lay-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=941660

Original Japanese text at the link.

Continued: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...lay-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=941668

Translating the rest. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

The stock can hold maximum 3 type of magic. The combination of the stock will change what magic would appear when pressing D.
1 fire -> Coral of Wrath
3 fire -> Rubellite of Rage (appears like powered up version of Coral of Wrath)
1 water + 1 wind + 1 fire -> Nephrite of Demise
The magic can reach up to 20 combinations.
That fact made it seems like it would be most important to memorize the combination. Being aware of the icons during battle is also essential.
Other than magic, there's also the special moves and DD.
Some of them will change according to the slot.

Special Moves
Flack (Black?) Snatcher: get a buff according to the active slot.
Crimson Raider: rush/charge attack

Exceed Accel
Scarlet Vein: the arm of Hi no Kagutsuchi crushes the opponent.

Distortion Drive
Azurite Inferno: crucifix the opponent and shoots magic orbs at them. The damage will change according to the stock.

Last, she turns into a phantom when dashing.

Coda

Every time I watch gootecks and Mike Ross play SF IV I get hype and then I jump on for some matches and I very quickly regret playing SF IV and instead wish SF V was here already. So damn close though.

shaowebb

Okay Mortal Kombat has got nothing on Kinnikuman Muscle Fight

Holy shit this game is waaaaaaay too bizarre...was the old ass anime filled with this stuff for real?

For the record the one that shocked me the most was Ramenman's move on some Nazi fucker who used poison gas for his moveset (da fuck you thinking Japan????). Here is the first few seconds of it...

0wiUnxX.gif

...and then it goes on after that for another 20+ seconds with him beating the shit out of the Naze's corpse, pummeling it until its nothing but fleshy doughy pulp, rolling said pulp, and turning it into a bowl of ramen and eating the fucking nazi.

Damn Kinnikuman you scary shit.
wiki on this thing said:
Kinnikuman Muscle Fight is a 2D fighting game created by fans of the Kinnikuman series. It is free to play and can be downloaded from www.2dbatlle.sakura.ne.jp

phaonaut

Is 1985 the actual release date? If so the wrestler moveset looks like it influenced R.Mika.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like 1985 was the NES game and this is fan made game.

Lulubop

Okay Mortal Kombat has got nothing on Kinnikuman Muscle Fight

Holy shit this game is waaaaaaay too bizarre...was the old ass anime filled with this stuff for real?

For the record the one that shocked me the most was Ramenman's move on some Nazi fucker who used poison gas for his moveset (da fuck you thinking Japan????). Here is the first few seconds of it...

0wiUnxX.gif

...and then it goes on after that for another 20+ seconds with him beating the shit out of the Naze's corpse, pummeling it until its nothing but fleshy doughy pulp, rolling said pulp, and turning it into a bowl of ramen and eating the fucking nazi.

Damn Kinnikuman you scary shit.

Indeed, Kinnikuman started as a really out there gag manga and became a really out there battle shounen. It's actually the father to a lot of shounen troupes and formulas.

Mika's super in SFV (when it had the split) was definitely an homage to Kinnikuman. Fuerte's Ultra 2 is the Kinnikuspark and Gief's Ultra 2 is the Kinnikudriver.

He's a fun character for sure, very under utilized imo.

But he's no Zarya
8IxjedR.gif

I got your back (literally). As a tank, She works so well with Zen.

I am really glad other genres create fighting game like characters with areas they excel at with areas that need assists to keep them in the game. Its like a multiplayer marvel team building that compelled me to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom