• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this actually be a thing? That's fantastic if so.
Seeing them take over for Jin and Ragna is what i would to see.
it depends on whether arcsys deems the amount of work worth it. They would end up with blazblue chopping its roster down to tiny for BB5 the same way Xrd was handled. I think its extremely unlikely for Ragna not to be at least in the game, but hell, we havent seen what happens in CF's story yet

as long as Noel is always around, I'm good
I don't see people getting over the sexuality in DOA. We just had an episode of UltraChen yesterday leading off with Buttgate. Sexuality is still taboo in our society.

If you want to see DOA mainstream, then it starts with the developers designing a game that appeals to a wider audience who would want to come out of the house to play it competitively. With the way DOAX3 is going, I don't see the series appealing beyond the existing audience and those who are just interested in the fanservice. A little fanservice is fine which is why Street Fighter doesn't have the same stigma, and SFV can now get away with characters bouncing all over the place and people going crazy over Ryu with a beard.

Many players will disregard a game if the first thing that they see is fanservice, nor will they do much to actually get rid of the stigma that they may have for a game, so it starts with the people making the game if you want to see that changed.
Dead or alive 5 is main stream though. DOA5 sold over 1.5million copies. Its plenty mainstream, it just doesnt have a presence in the tourny scene. There is no reason for team ninja to warp their game to fit preconceived expectations of tournament players. Its up to the DOA community to build up their game and the tourny scene around it.

Numb

it depends on whether arcsys deems the amount of work worth it. They would end up with blazblue chopping its roster down to tiny for BB5 the same way Xrd was handled. I think its extremely unlikely for Ragna not to be at least in the game, but hell, we havent seen what happens in CF's story yet

If BB5 is gonna be such a shakeup i don't mind a small roster at first like with Xrd.
Xrd has blown people's minds and i'm sure they have noticed. Hoping the do the thing.

Shouta

I think the fact they make so much money off costume DLC is part of the problem. 5:LR didn't have an Xtreme until recently but they had a metric ton of costumes and that's just helped keep the image there. Some of the collab costumes are great but there's just so many that are there to grab at the oogling crowd.

If they did DOA6 and kept the costume DLC in check some, it could help clean up the image a little bit. Oh and remove the boob jiggle motion sensor thing.

Rhapsody

Banned
If BB5 is under a new engine, and the roster size is inevitably chopped down, I hope people don't get their hopes up for their old characters returning. Some might return, but it'd be a new arc. Needs to have a new generation of cast unlike Xrd.

If BB5 is under a new engine, and the roster size is inevitably chopped down, I hope people don't get their hopes up for their old characters returning. Some might return, but it'd be a new arc. Needs to have a new generation of cast unlike Xrd.
I dont think that would make very many people happy, look how SCV went over despite having vastly improved gameplay and copy paste combat styles.

BB is ArcSys's biggest game, and I doubt they would want to anger fans by chopping all of the fan favorites

I think the fact they make so much money off costume DLC is part of the problem. 5:LR didn't have an Xtreme until recently but they had a metric ton of costumes and that's just helped keep the image there. Some of the collab costumes are great but there's just so many that are there to grab at the oogling crowd.

If they did DOA6 and kept the costume DLC in check some, it could help clean up the image a little bit. Oh and remove the boob jiggle motion sensor thing.

I don't see why it would make sense for them to backtrack on the fanservice, since it's a hallmark of the series and they'd have to go really far on "censoring" before it becomes remotely presentable to general audiences. I don't see them finding success either financially or competitively if the series just becomes a jankier VF.

It's like fanservice in anime. If you introduce your main female character via panty shot you'll sell a lot of figurines, even though it means that there's no way any non-otaku would take the show seriously, but the industry as a whole seems okay with it.

Shouta

Yoooo Lemstaaaarrrrr

Also what the hell is boob jiggle motion sensor stuff lol

There's an option in DOA5 where on the win screen after a fight, you can shake the controller, if it has a motion sensor, to cause the character's boobs to bounce based on the motions you're doing. Sometimes they'll move in impossible ways as a result. It's kinda hilarious and totally unnecessary.

https://youtu.be/erzyjNMiC0A?t=3m58s

I don't see why it would make sense for them to backtrack on the fanservice, since it's a hallmark of the series and they'd have to go really far on "censoring" before it becomes remotely presentable to general audiences. I don't see them finding success either financially or competitively if the series just becomes a jankier VF.

It's like fanservice in anime. If you introduce your main female character via panty shot you'll sell a lot of figurines, even though it means that there's no way any non-otaku would take the show seriously, but the industry as a whole seems okay with it.

It would make sense if they want to try to clean up the image. Also, more costumes just keeps feeding it. A few sexy costumes ain't so bad. Hundreds of them is a lot though, lol.

There's an option in DOA5 where on the win screen after a fight, you can shake the controller, if it has a motion sensor, to cause the character's boobs to bounce based on the motions you're doing. It's kinda hilarious and totally unnecessary.
A high school girlfriend of mine used to sit and play DOA2/3/4 with me growing up. We remained friends after high school but didnt hang out much. One day like 2 years ago I had a party and she came over, so I busted out DOA5 for old time sakes. After she beat me one round I told her to shake the controller. She then spent the next like 15 minutes shaking the controller and giggling like a school girl. That moment makes me glad the feature was there. The moment is passed though, they can remove it now.

It would make sense if they want to try to clean up the image. Also, more costumes just keeps feeding it. A few sexy costumes ain't so bad. Hundreds of them is a lot though, lol.
I dont see why they would want to change the the image though. They have been using it for hears (She Kicks High) and sales have still been stellar. It would be a weird thing for them to do and serve no purpose. It wouldnt immediately get them a tourny presence in the FGC, thats for sure.

Just like I'm glad mortal kombat stuck to its guns, I hope DOA sticks to theirs. I get one good fighter with absurd over the top gore, and one with absurd over the top sexiness, and plenty in the middle somewhere.

Anne

There's an option in DOA5 where on the win screen after a fight, you can shake the controller, if it has a motion sensor, to cause the character's boobs to bounce based on the motions you're doing. Sometimes they'll move in impossible ways as a result. It's kinda hilarious and totally unnecessary.

The future arrived yesterday apparently. I'd giggle a lot every time I play.

I said this in the male sexuality thread but there's no reason why if I play DOA and there's a guy character who won, I don't get to see his thick, fat, erect dick shake in his pants if I shake the controller.

If that won't happen then remove it.

Perro

I know the west is not into fanservice, but I thought the Asian market would be ok with it.
I've never heard of an DOA scene in Japan.

ShinMaruku

Dead or alive 5 is main stream though. DOA5 sold over 1.5million copies. Its plenty mainstream, it just doesnt have a presence in the tourny scene. There is no reason for team ninja to warp their game to fit preconceived expectations of tournament players. Its up to the DOA community to build up their game and the tourny scene around it.
Yup. It's only in the offline scene is DOA not seen. It's played by the same amount of other games thanks to the 3 million free players that also buy the costumes

You have to select the six axis boob jiggle it's off by default. You have to go out of your way to find that stuff. I don't find the DLC a issue because it's why they are at all the events that they get doa at. At every event you have somebody to talk to.

Also because of that money you can see them spiking activity with the new outfits. If you see any stream with the jiggle with the controller or the costumes exploding off them, that was toggled by whoever has the game there.

Yup. It's only in the offline scene is DOA not seen. It's played by the same amount of other games thanks to the 3 million free players that also buy the costumes

You have to select the six axis boob jiggle it's off by default. You have to go out of your way to find that stuff. I don't find the DLC a issue because it's why they are at all the events that they get doa at. At every event you have somebody to talk to.

Also because of that money you can see them spiking activity with the new outfits. If you see any stream with the jiggle with the controller or the costumes exploding off them, that was toggled by whoever has the game there.
I dont think it was an option in the original release though, pretty sure it was always on.

ShinMaruku

I would have to test it for that. But from DOA5U on it was separated and put in it's own setting. And with Last Round another layer was added with only 2 settings having that and clothes exploding.

Shun

if blaz and guilty are on the same engine u know folks are gonna beg for the crossover

People have been begging for a crossover for a while.

They've even considering adding a tag team system to BlazBlue.

They just haven't yet because they don't think it's the right time yet considering the success of both series and they're busy focusing on their current title iterations. The other issue is game balance, how you would even balance and make the game work.

Nothing would make me happier than Guilty Gear x BlazBlue or a Fire Emblem game made by Arc System Works.

It's definitely on their minds and radar, just hope it comes sooner than later.

Shun

GG and BB are pretty different, I don't even know how wakeup would even work. Make a compromise and do it like Persona?

They would have to either conform to either system or create an entirely new system for the game.

Kind of like SFxT, it just won't work by throwing in the characters and calling it a day. Either way I trust ASW with making a game fun. When they make it I trust it will be fine.

If only for the banter between franchises.

They said they could not put Jubei in because he's too small and some moves would not hit him. They just have to make him shit tier to please the fanbase and avoid seeing him in tournaments. Problem solved.

Numb

They said they could not put Jubei in because he's too small and some moves would not hit him. They just have to make him shit tier to please the fanbase and avoid seeing him in tournaments. Problem solved.
Dang.
It's an anime 2D.
Hope they find a way.

Or just give him a gigantic samurai helmet or whatever to increase his hurtbox.

They've done the same in the past with Rachel and Battle Fantasia's Watson so i don't see the problem.

Shun

Just make Jubei this and problem solved. Add in some 100% explanation then call it a day.

lt.jpg
tumblr_l9ni5kWTWZ1qzctyxo1_500.jpg

Then add in Mai and have her gameplay be stance character that switches between Female and Male form.
Cause she used to be a dude.

Numb

Just make Jubei this and problem solved. Add in some 100% explanation then call it a day.

lt.jpg
tumblr_l9ni5kWTWZ1qzctyxo1_500.jpg

Then add in Mai and have her gameplay be stance character that switches between Female and Male form.
Cause she used to be a dude.

Literally had a discussion with a friend recently where we wanted Jubei to remove his coat and gets buff when serious. Looking like that dude from the Extreme martial arts manga.

This dude

Numb

They could have Jubei balance on his sword or something as an idle stance.

Make it happen ArcSys!

His sword gets huge and becomes part of his body and hurtbox.

------

Didn't think i'd side with the Ken character.
Hibiki is so sick tbh. Seth from UNIEL and that Attack on Titan looking combo getup.
Also has Itachi crow shadow clones, stabs dudes in the chest and even has an izuna drop...
wow.png

Didn't think i'd side with the Ken character.
Hibiki is so sick tbh. Seth from UNIEL and that Attack on Titan looking combo getup.
Also has Itachi crow shadow clones, stabs dudes in the chest and even has an izuna drop...

Too bad about the high heels. Dude takes looking girly just that one step too far.

Zyrox

I just realized Jubei is pretty much Blazblue's Ridley. Highly requested character who hasn't gotten in yet due to his size. heh

Shouta

Wait, there's a clothing explosion option? Dafuq? lol

Anyway, my suggestion is only if they want to clean it up. It's unlikely to happen because they like dat money.

Papstr

Neo Member

Little did I know, fighting Anne's Taokaka was actually fighting Jubei all along.

Kumubou

You didn't know? I thought it was one DOA's prominent features
It wasn't in the game until they added the Senran Kagura outfits (and it only works on those outfits... and it might be on some of the later DLC sets too, I don't remember), and the effect doesn't exist on the last-gen versions (and PC, because Koei-Tecmo is eggs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom