• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypernima

Banned
Anyone have the Asus evo monitor? if some I'm wonder if anyone can help me.

So yesterday I was about to play but my hdmi cable was a little loose so i put it back in the ps3 and i got a grey screen on my monitor.

When I reconnected the cord it was just black, no signal.

i connected my hdmi cord to my computer's hdmi port and got signal and i connected my ps3 to the tv in the living room and it worked fine on the hdmi channel.

however when i link both my monitor and cord..i get nothing. how the hell did this happen and how do i fix this?

No one in this thread has had an asus monitor crap out on them? or is it not relevant enough to fighting games? i just posted this here because I thought it might have by chance happened to someone else who has the same evo monitor. guess not. :\

ShinMaruku

Wait, there's a clothing explosion option? Dafuq? lol

Anyway, my suggestion is only if they want to clean it up. It's unlikely to happen because they like dat money.

It's not really a option but the boob shake option also has clothes explosion for 3 sets of costumes that when you critical burst their clothes explode.

LegatoB

No one in this thread has had an asus monitor crap out on them? or is it not relevant enough to fighting games? i just posted this here because I thought it might have by chance happened to someone else who has the same evo monitor. guess not. :\
Dumb thought: try a different cord? I've had CORDS go bad on me in weird ways before, but my ASUS monitor's kept on trucking through years of BS.

Amedo310

I can tell you now, that those monitors will crap out over time. The store I went to for fighting game local matches, Xanadu Games, bite the dust. It was either pic or sound. Nearly all the monitors are out of action now at the store.

That feeling when you find Nine gameplay, and the AI controlling her only gets to attack once. -_-

On the bright side, she has some kind of Dormammu-esque Purification move. I don't think it's one of her spells, but it's hard to tell..

They definitely pulled from those Dragon's Crown Sorceress animations, if you know what I mean. ;-D

hypernima

Banned
Dumb thought: try a different cord? I've had CORDS go bad on me in weird ways before, but my ASUS monitor's kept on trucking through years of BS.

I switched cords and tested it. i dont understand how it works on the computer but not the ps3.

I can tell you now, that those monitors will crap out over time. The store I went to for fighting game local matches, Xanadu Games, bite the dust. It was either pic or sound. Nearly all the monitors are out of action now at the store.

well they have better monitors now thats for sure. i saw benqs last time i went

Man THawk players do not give a fuck

This is the one character that scares me more than any other in this game even when played by a total scrub. I've lost one too many times to Hawk players because I couldn't predict they're randomness and willingness to do moves at unsafe ranges.

Alright, I'm 75% sure that the Purification move isn't a spell - I think it's a normal. It happened right after she cast her WAF spell in a match, without any normals in-between. She also seems to have some kind of teleport move, but I don't understand it yet. It's all kind of wonky in how it works.

Marz

That's why most T.Hawk players are kinda bad, lol. KOG doesn't give a fuck but he has a very deliberate madness to that not giving a fuck.

This is the one character that scares me more than any other in this game even when played by a total scrub. I've lost one too many times to Hawk players because I couldn't predict they're randomness and willingness to do moves at unsafe ranges.

Trying to play this match with Adon and Ryu, im not doing near enough damage on punishes to dissuade these guys, then sometimes im hesitant to anti air because of dive and then they do empty jump ultra. Lol too good.

Shun

Lord of Vermillion Re 3 came out today too but I don't think anyone at this message board follows Lord of Vermillion...

Numb

Lord of Vermillion Re 3 came out today too but I don't think anyone at this message board follows Lord of Vermillion...

This only thing i know about it.

TekkenxLoV.jpg

20150401_012223.jpg
it was an april fools joke tho

ShinMaruku

Trying to play this match with Adon and Ryu, im not doing near enough damage on punishes to dissuade these guys, then sometimes im hesitant to anti air because of dive and then they do empty jump ultra. Lol too good.

His health promotes this kind of thinking. You have to let them hang themselves.

Shouta

T.Hawk can be messy as Adon. Much easier to have that match go south than say Ryu who can zone and AA Hawk really well. Just gotta keep plugging away with Ryu and don't let yourself get into a situation that you have to guess dive or empty jump ultra.

petghost

Banned
Complaining about the people who select commentators without actually talking to the people that select commentators. Same old, same old.

that sounds like a legit complaint tho... they didnt like dacid and xie at evo or something? i thought the did pretty good.

Tripon

Eh, complaining that you have to have a professional highlight reel to showcase your work and abilities and then complain that you don't get a professional gig like commentating at EVO is a bit much.

that sounds like a legit complaint tho... they didnt like dacid and xie at evo or something? i thought the did pretty good.

Always see those two and they seem alright.

EVO commentators for Xrd was Hellpockets and Ryan.

Eh, complaining that you have to have a professional highlight reel to showcase your work and abilities and then complain that you don't get a professional gig like commentating at EVO is a bit much.

that's assuming they actually want the gig as opposed to just throwing shade at people who actually put in the effort

Anne

I mean, that's kinda just how they do it. The same thing happened when I was at SRK. "Why won't those people at SRK plug our shit? They obviously don't want us there." Then nobody would send us anything and refuse to talk to us.

ShinMaruku

I am of the motion that what those guys say on twitter is pointless and should be ignored. You need to have a east coast anime community rule with how you approach them.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'll be real, I'd rather have pervyness in games than over the top violence. I can then play fighting games with one hand.

All I know is that I play Dead Or Alive pretty casually and Kokoro and Momiji makes me feel ლ(´ڡ`ლ) (*´﹃`*)

Prison School has been bad influence on me the past few years...

ShinMarku what is the ideal button layout for Last Round coming from Tekken or EXVS/ASW games? I'd prefer to be within the same placement as this but I'm flexible.

CRf9PKqUAAAIcXy.jpg

I'm glad you embrace it Shun. I've seen some people have some crazy sticks and surprised yours isn't decked out with anime stuff all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom