• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

The salt in that Ono thread is delicious

mjlol.png

gaming side fighting game threads are always amazing

Do Japanese arcade fighters still not have difficulty settings? Every Nine match is like...level 1 Smash CPU level difficulty.

I haven't been this excited for a character since Mewtwo.
Please don't be bottom tier like he is.

Dahbomb

That Ono response was fucking savage...

I love it!

Also Guile putting on shade is one of the best features of SF4. It's amazing.

Do Japanese arcade fighters still not have difficulty settings? Every Nine match is like...level 1 Smash CPU level difficulty.

I haven't been this excited for a character since Mewtwo.
Please don't be bottom tier like he is.

I think arcades have a menu where those things can be adjusted.

We'll have to wait till she's playable on them to get good footage.

Out of the new characters she definitely has the most flair. I will definitely try her out along with the others to see if she has main potential for me (which is likely based on what I'm seeing so far).

pizzacat

Banned
You think the dudes swearing off sfv after onos comment would have played the game for long

if they actually bought in the first place

You think the dudes swearing off sfv after onos comment would have played the game for long

I believe it. Console exclusivity is going to hurt. It isn't going to be like Tomb Raider but, I think MKX is going to keep the crown for sales.

Capcom Protalk production is so much better. From the highlight reels to the actual talking points, its great. Floe Talk should be another weekly show, he is great.

ShinMaruku

I believe it. Console exclusivity is going to hurt. It isn't going to be like Tomb Raider but, I think MKX is going to keep the crown for sales.

Given the market split and how fighting games have gone. It's not going to hurt. They did this early enough that it's well dictated. Also if they actually get dlc down, they lose nothing.

Dahbomb

Ono's comment isn't going to do shit but the fact that it's not on Xbox One is going to hurt some potential sales as it is. Not as bad as Tomb Raider of course.

I think arcades have a menu where those things can be adjusted.

We'll have to wait till she's playable on them to get good footage.

Out of the new characters she definitely has the most flair. I will definitely try her out along with the others to see if she has main potential for me (which is likely based on what I'm seeing so far).
She's so bizarre in her playstyle and abilities, and I just want to see what they are and how they work. Things I want to see:

1) How her teleport works. It looks like it's her air dash animation, but I've also seen her do more than just air dash, she kind of drops down from the sky.

2) What all of her spells are (duh).

3) How her normals string.

4) Whether that AA is invincible (looks like it is).

5) How the tracking pillar works.

6) What that green burst does (looked like a reversal).

7) Whether that dash burst attack is + on block.

8) Why people say she doesn't have a "Drive" - I don't get it.

9) What her Overdrive mode does.

10) Whether that super long wind gust move we see in one video hits all the way across the screen.

there is a good chance that the Nine gameplay we have been seeing is Unlimited Nine as well, so somethings might not be the same as what we will be playing
drives are story related, Nine is one of the most powerfel sorceresses ever, she has no need for a drive. How that is working into her gameplay I'm not quite sure, I don't know how her D button is working.

kirblar

Capcom Cup specifics got posted: https://t.co/0efB90konP

The prize payouts have changed. They originally announced 1/2/3 only as being paid, it's now the entire top 8.

1- 120K
2- 60K
3- 25K
4- 15K
5/6- 10K
7/8- 5K

Top 32 is 2/3. Top 16 is 3/5. Being done in one day. Two streams so they can put all the matches on camera.

The prize payouts have changed. They originally announced 1/2/3 only as being paid, it's now the entire top 8.

1- 100K
2- 60K
3- 25K
4- 15K
5/6- 10K
7/8- 5K

Top 32 is 2/3. Top 16 is 3/5. Being done in one day. Two streams so they can put all the matches on camera.

They never did that. They announced that exact same pay structure when Combofiend was on Capcom Pro Talk 8-9 months ago.

BadWolf

1- 100K
2- 60K
3- 25K
4- 15K
5/6- 10K
7/8- 5K

Very nice, even the 7th/8th place payout is respectable.

Horseress

1- 100K
2- 60K
3- 25K
4- 15K
5/6- 10K
7/8- 5K

Nice! I was expecting only top 8 to be 3/5, I'm cool with top 16

She's so bizarre in her playstyle and abilities, and I just want to see what they are and how they work. Things I want to see:

1) How her teleport works. It looks like it's her air dash animation, but I've also seen her do more than just air dash, she kind of drops down from the sky.

2) What all of her spells are (duh).

3) How her normals string.

4) Whether that AA is invincible (looks like it is).

5) How the tracking pillar works.

6) What that green burst does (looked like a reversal).

7) Whether that dash burst attack is + on block.

9) What her Overdrive mode does.

10) Whether that super long wind gust move we see in one video hits all the way across the screen.

Yeah, there's a lot of questions on how all of her stuff works. Especially how the spells play into things. As for the Drive comment, in BB they group every characters "special functions" onto the Drive button. So all of Ragna's D moves have the soulstealing (hp steal) property on them, Tager's D moves have magnetism, Noel's D moves all the stance stuff, etc. It's basically a way to group moves with a similar special property onto one button, I mean they could spread that stuff to other button inputs but I think it's more for easy categorization.

there is a good chance that the Nine gameplay we have been seeing is Unlimited Nine as well, so somethings might not be the same as what we will be playing
drives are story related, Nine is one of the most powerfel sorceresses ever, she has no need for a drive. How that is working into her gameplay I'm not quite sure, I don't know how her D button is working.

I wondered the same but she doesn't have that glowing portrait and name text that the Unlimited versions usually have.

CurlyW

I'd still prefer having a round-robin group stage, but I understand that's difficult for a one-day event where every match is expected to be streamed.

Horseress

Oh, and there's this

As we near the end of 2015 there’s one thing we can all look forward to…no, it’s not the holidays, but Capcom Cup! That’s right; this year’s Capcom Cup will send Ultra Street Fighter IV off in the grandest event possible

rip
4gk3CmS.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom