• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

petghost

Banned
what do ya'll melty blood players think of ryougi? what moon is the most popular?

i been messing around with F. she seems very simple and solid with good longish range buttons with nice hitboxes. those buttons seem pretty slow though and im not sure where her mixup comes from. in F at least she doesnt have a chainable 2a and her 5a is super short ranged. really fun to play tho.

WarRock

Please SF V be a success, so I can keep enjoying Capcom Floe Talk with renewed bullshit. The last episode had me laughing way too much.

Please SF V be a success, so I can keep enjoying Capcom Floe Talk with renewed bullshit. The last episode had me laughing way too much.

Its funny how the personalities and level of skill is what constantly brings me back to watching SF4.

I just hope SF5 allows different playstyles and I don't get destroyed trying to play Sim in a sea of rushdown.

Malice215

People are going to underrate Du because he's young. He's definitely one of the top US players in terms of talent.

Think when Die said random he meant unorthodox because that's clearly the case with Du

Being unorthodox is good sometimes to throw people off their game, and it looks like west coast wasn't ready at all from the salt I've been seeing all day. I never imagined people being this upset over taunting, but if someone from the clique was doing the same thing instead of Du, it wouldn't have been an issue. They need to FADC into some Kleenex.

How far do you think Diago will go into the Capcom Cup? I feel like he could pull off a savage run to the Grand Finals.

Man, I really hope Die, JWong and Snake make it far.

I think Daigo gets sent to losers after first round. It really depends on how these brackets pan out because there's going to be lots of savagery before top 16 since it's 2/3 games, and people are going to throw out the kitchen sink to try and advance. The finals are going to be amazing.

Kumubou

what do ya'll melty blood players think of ryougi? what moon is the most popular?

i been messing around with F. she seems very simple and solid with good longish range buttons with nice hitboxes. those buttons seem pretty slow though and im not sure where her mixup comes from. in F at least she doesnt have a chainable 2a and her 5a is super short ranged. really fun to play tho.
F-Ryougi doesn't really have much in the way of mixup; that's just how she is. She has some basic stuff with normal/semi-charge/charged rekkas, but that can be OSed so. C and H at least have more standard Melty pressure, which can be kind of funny when you have something like her stupidly long range 2C.

I actually think the character is slept on a bit, since she was nerfed from the hilarity that H and F Ryougi were in the PS2 version of MBAA and people just kind of bailed out afterwards. (Seriously, H having the hitboxes she did while having really good pressure and high damage was just way over the top. F had some of the dumbest hitboxes I have ever seen in my life (and H's air normals were only marginally worse!). All three moons also had some hilarious pseudo tick throw setups with her arc drive, and that got nerfed to hell.)

People are going to underrate Du because he's young. He's definitely one of the top US players in terms of talent.

It's not about his age. People wouldn't shut up about Smug months back. He's overlooked because he's the second guile player. Plus, he doesn't live in NY/CA where all the streaming happens

Vice

He's from the wrong region and not a part of The Crew. He's like the same age as Filipinoman and Smug and they both get rated around where they should.

ShinMaruku

For those who are looking what a Doa pro does with tech ugabboydragon will be doing a Phase 4 tutorial. How much wanna see this linked here?

petghost

Banned
i might be remembering wrong but from what i recall du has done better than most of the best american players against international competition.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i might be remembering wrong but from what i recall du has done better than most of the best american players against international competition.

i honestly believe the opposite, hes done great against american competition but crumbles when its international. funny thing is die is the opposite, he can damage the top japanese players but plays questionably when it comes to folks in the states.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Man, Dieminion has wins against infil, xiao hai, ryan hart etc.

i meant to say international lol. i just think die plays a more traditional sf (respectful) while du is part of that new generation that freestyles sf.

Even MarkMan has gone full anime on us.

Not gonna lie, I kind of want to cop one of those...
I mean the TE2 faceplate he's showing off, not whatever you're thinking of.

V9rKhF6.jpg

shaowebb

Even MarkMan has gone full anime on us.

Not gonna lie, I kind of want to cop one of those...
I mean the TE2 faceplate he's showing off, not whatever you're thinking of.

To be fair Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel is set to be a pretty awesome title.
2 assists, and what looks to be faster smoother gameplay than other similar titles like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, or Aquapazza. Definitely has good footsies. I wanna learn more about the variable rushes and how to use em in general.

Enjoy the preview of the game on that stick.
A30RHHb.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I think Die does the best against International players tho I don't know if he has a winning record. Probably not.

His record isn't as abysmal as the other American players, he is one of the only few imo, right next to Smug and SnakeEyez, that can actually cause an upset and beat the Japanese players. Strider801 is good but I've only seen him defeat Mago and Daigo, he might be the fourth person. Filipinoman is erupting out of the scene too so we'll just have to wait and see.

You misspelled Momochi

Momochi is gonna be Momofree by the end of Capcom Cup.

Rhapsody

Banned
I have no interest in Nitroplus Blasterz. My friends are getting it I think, so I'll probably end up playing sometime or another.
Just doesn't look as appealing to me compared to AH and Aquapazza.

petghost

Banned
To be fair Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel is set to be a pretty awesome title.
2 assists, and what looks to be faster smoother gameplay than other similar titles like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, or Aquapazza. Definitely has good footsies. I wanna learn more about the variable rushes and how to use em in general.

Enjoy the preview of the game on that stick.
A30RHHb.gif

For real everything I heard about this game is about it being kusoge. You the first person with something positive to say about it.

Kumubou

I haven't played it but I have seen a few match videos for it, and I'm pretty sure the game doesn't look as good as either DBFC or AP. The assists in paricular don't seem to have the interplay in N+B that they do in the other aforementioned games, and there are some really jank looking combos. The game gets really silly. I'll probably give it a shot, but I can't see this game having much of a community in the US.

There's also one thing I'm really curious about: just how godawful the netplay is going to be. It's being done by Examu and Marvelous, and the one time Examu tried to handle the online functionality themselves (Aquapazza) the result was atrocious (the original JP release was seriously KOFXII levels of trash online -- they did update it for the US release, although it's still not good by any stretch.)

vulva

His record isn't as abysmal as the other American players, he is one of the only few imo, right next to Smug and SnakeEyez, that can actually cause an upset and beat the Japanese players. Strider801 is good but I've only seen him defeat Mago and Daigo, he might be the fourth person. Filipinoman is erupting out of the scene too so we'll just have to wait and see.

Momochi is gonna be Momofree by the end of Capcom Cup.

Momochi gonna make top 3 at CC.

mbpm1

Yeah I have faith in Momochi

bc I've rooted against him so many times but he always wins so I have no choice now

Tripon

I only have one comment:

lol.

First off, My name is Shane, I was the owner of Epic! Gaming Lounge and Cafe in Dallas Texas, and the Organizer/Operator of EGLDallas10K.

It's been about 3 months since the event, and about 2 months since Epic's closing. I gave it some time for everything to cool off and for the dust to settle a bit before I actually publicly said anything myself, the social media explosion that was created after the announcement made it to where if I had said anything at all it wouldn't have mattered anyways. When people hear that they are not getting paid, all common sense goes out the window.

So that being said. EGLDallas10K was not a scam, I am not a rotten TO, I didn't run off with some magical sum of money.

I just made a poor business decision.

This was in no way our first event. Epic had held on average 3-5 decent sized tournament a month, not to mention weeklies for a ton of other games. We have paid out in the past year close to 100k in prizes. Events for CSGO, Call of Duty, League of Legends, SSB, MKX, USFV, etc. We've ran tournaments at major conventions, events, sport arenas, movie theatres, you name it we've done it. I ran a physical brick and mortar business, we were not some one and done tournament in a box.
Everything i have done for the eSports community, I have done out of passion and my love of gaming. That's why I opened up a gaming lounge/internet cafe in the first place. I knew it was a long shot, and not the most profitable of business ideas, but i did it because i wanted a place for the community to play, and a place for all nerds and gamers alike to call home. We started with causal gaming, then moved to tournaments, and even sponsored some outstanding players.

A lot of our community is based on trust, and word of mouth agreements. That's how it was with Monster, BenQ, Microsoft, LootCrate, Battle Beaver Controllers, Funimation, Gamma Labs, etc. You form a partnership based on mutual benefit and go from there. You expect each side to hold up their side of the bargain, and move on with your merry life. Now granted, all of these partnerships are usually product based, and no money swaps hands. This was also the case with Verizon.
I can't go into much about what happened with Verizon due to the legality of it, but what I can say is that money never exchanged hands, we had a pre determined agreement about how things were going to happen. They were going to handle all of the major monetary transaction, and we would run and operate the event. They didn't just give us X amount of money and we blew it on whatever.

That's not how it works.

The money that we paid out ended up coming directly out of Epic's pockets. With no help from verizon at all. That money was supposed to go towards keeping my business open, and replenishing the money that we spent on actually making the event happen.
There are more costs than just internet and venue to run an event. We had to:
Payroll for staff Movement all equipment (uhaul fees etc) Hotel costs for employees/volunteers Tshirts, bags, wrist bands, apparel etc Additional Console rentals (32 xbxox ones) Additional game costs Stage projectors, lighting, etc Catering food costs Marketing/advertising Cables, Ethernet, HDMI, DVI Streaming equipment After Party

The list can continue on and on. I spent thousands and thousands of dollars before the event even happened.

1st-4th of every game was paid %25 of what was owed. We paid out 5th-8th Place of every game completely. So even though we didn't pay out what was promised, our prize pool was still larger than any regional and as large if not larger than any non CapCom Pro Major tournament. The only player to not receive any form of payment at all was ALLY, because his PayPal was not receiving money when we tried paying him, and by the time we received a new PayPal, we were already tapped out. So if there are rumors of players not getting paid anything, they are full of it, and are just blowing p the situation.

On top of that I paid for top players to come out: Kbrad- Flight, + entry + VIP paid for Justin Wong- Flight, + entry + VIP paid for Knuckle DU- 5 Nights of hotel, + entry+ VIP paid for
So having to pay out the prize money out of our own pocket was an unexpected blow, and ultimately caused us to have to close our doors for good. It was just a huge snowball effect. The business had to issue bankruptcy, and I personally had to file bankruptcy as well.

I wanted to bring eSports and the fighting game community to a new era, getting bigger named sponsors involved and actually try to bring money into the FGC . All I hear all the time is that the FGC never has any real money or sponsors, or recognition. And so I decided to do something about that and took a giant leap of faith and tried to make it happen. Unfortunately I got burned in the process right along with all of you.

And those that ask why we took down our social media? I run the social media, there is no huge corporation, or marketing team, Its all me. Everything goes straight to my phone. The insults, the death threats, people trying to buy and sell my personal information. People had the audacity to say they would find me, and cut mine and my newborn sons throat. All for what? them not getting paid a couple grand? I was receiving death threats on twitter, test your might, other random news outlets that had no idea what was going on and just wanted a story to write about. All form people that don't even know me, or even attended the event. So i just cut it all off.

The event itself was fantastic, I had a lot of fun, yes I'm sure there were some issues, but every first time major has them. The reviews were fantastic, and everyone wanted to know when the next one would be. Unfortunately that will never happen.

The only thing we can learn from here is that TO's, when any amount of money is involved, make sure to get it in writing. And to all players out there, don't NOT go to an event just because it is an unknown. Give it a chance, you may have fun and experience something new.

I want to give my deepest and sincerest apologies to everyone that was supposed to receive additional prize money. It was never my intention to harm or mislead you. Everyone that knows me personally and that has attended my events or even been to Epic knows where my heart is. I wish the community the best as it moves forward, I hope, if anything, that the community will see this as a learning experience, and not let it fester and affect the community as a whole negatively.

I already miss the community and am looking at small ways to get involved again, in any way I can. I am back on twitter at @MographVFX if you have any questions. I'll try to answer them as best as possibly without breaching any legal obligations. If you are negative towards me in any way or threaten myself or my family you will be blocked instantly. I hope we can all move forward.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicGaming...allas10k_apology_and_final_thoughts_from_the/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Du has come a long from him playing on PSN in the UYG stream.

And Justin. It's okay for him and whoever is in his circle to say or do something but when someone else not in his circle does something it's wrong. Nobody is a saint. Except Smedgie boy.

mbpm1

whats going on in the ono thread? I'm too lazy to read through it

Ono said this

What is your message to Street Fighter fans on Xbox One?

O: [Laughs] There’s plenty of time to save $300 before the game comes out. The PlayStation 4 is at a very attractive price point at the moment. [Laughs]

GAF responded as GAF does and did GAF things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom