• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Ono told Xbox fans to save up money for a PS4.

Xbox fans got salty and swore never to buy SFV.

Saw that one coming. Simple fact is though that Sony funded this game into existing. They bought an exclusive which is the only way to get one these days. It was created simply for this exclusivity. They have to get used to this concept. Killer Instinct isn't suddenly going to appear on PS4, but they get that because the whole company that makes it and the rights to it are owned by Microsoft. Exclusivity can come about in more ways than that though and I guess many just felt that they'd eventually get it anyhow due to demand.

People are mad because Ono told them to buy the system they need to buy in the first place to play the game? This is assuming that they potential buyers in question either don't have a gaming PC or are not planning on getting one of course because if you have a PC then you can just get it on there.

I mean it sucks since you have to buy a whole system to play but if the deal between Sony and Capcom doesn't allow for SF5 to be on Xbone then there's no real way around that.

Kind of the same thing with Xenoblade X and Bayonetta 2 (which I just bought a Wii U for a couple days ago).

smurfx

get some go again
i might be remembering wrong but from what i recall du has done better than most of the best american players against international competition.
has du even been to many tournaments? he seems to show up once in a while and then disappears again. i know he recently got sponsored so he might be traveling more. although with sf5 coming out soon it will hit the reset button and everybody will have to get new mains.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Is anyone here fluent in C++? I'm trying to run compile it in the command prompt, which has worked so far (using MinGW), but I need certain libraries to be in the folder where the .exe is and I already added the bin folder to my PATH to make it compile off of the command prompt. I don't want to copy a bunch of .dll's to a folder with .exe's every time. I looked it up and I can make static libraries but I have no clue how to do it since the commands don't exist for me ;_;

You're saying both of these things but you don't remember Strider 2-0'd Momochi.

Momochi got styled on tho

Momochi gonna make top 3 at CC.

I smell a bet coming along.

Xenoblade is a Nintendo game made internally at Nintendo, it's a different situation.

Technically Nintendo owns like 97% of the studio that developed it so it wasn't made at Nintendo.
I had to ruin your fun lol

El Sloth

Banned
Wow, Yams with the sudden fire
Neat, I guess they'll be doing two player break down videos a day? Cause I mean there's only like 16 days till... So where's my other player break down video, Capcom?
Didn't even realize that. Maybe we'll get another as it gets later on the West Coast.

Tripon

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186130862#post186130862

Made this week's thread. There wasn't a lot of info out of what FGC calendar had, so it's pretty much copy and paste from what Malice already put up.

so who's making the capcom cup thread? it's about two weeks away

since you brought it up, you should do it. or make kadey do it, she has to maintain some level of relevancy in this thread Kappa

I hope somebody volunteers. I want to just stream monster that weekend.

kirblar

If it involves money, and it's your first time doing business with someone, get it in writing before you start making promises.

pixelish

RZR INFILTRATION ‏@INFILTRATION85 21s
Eating ASS time :)

CUOVLbGUsAAJWg2.jpg

Joule

Is anyone here fluent in C++? I'm trying to run compile it in the command prompt, which has worked so far (using MinGW), but I need certain libraries to be in the folder where the .exe is and I already added the bin folder to my PATH to make it compile off of the command prompt. I don't want to copy a bunch of .dll's to a folder with .exe's every time. I looked it up and I can make static libraries but I have no clue how to do it since the commands don't exist for me ;_;

Not certain I'm correct here but let me give it this a try. I'm assuming you're using gcc? It's been awhile but couldn't you use something like the -L and -l flags to specify the path to the libraries with the former and the name of the library with the latter.

eg. gcc hello.c -L /somewhere/here/mylibs -l libA

But really you should put this question in the programming thread on gaf.

shaowebb

Anyone here going to play Blade Arcus From Shining EX when it launches next week on the 26th? Doesn't look as fast as Nitroplus, Dengeki, or Koihime Enbu which are its competition next month but looks solid enough. Wish it had more classic Shining Force characters though. All the new Shining games have been japan exclusive for awhile now.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
He's just flirting

How did you know?!

Not certain I'm correct here but let me give it this a try. I'm assuming you're using gcc? It's been awhile but couldn't you use something like the -L and -l flags to specify the path to the libraries with the former and the name of the library with the latter.

eg. gcc hello.c -L /somewhere/here/mylibs -l libA

But really you should put this question in the programming thread on gaf.

That's so much more work to go ahead and type down the entire directory for the library ;_;

btw, its g++ in my case since im doing C after i get a grasp of C++. Its almost like they dont want anyone coding in C++ to make their lives a living nightmare.

I didn't know there was a programming thread lol, ill look it up

Infil trynna FADC his RZR sponsorship into the garbage huh

He's taking the whole eating ass meme from America to a different level... Infli pls

Sheroking

Playing Elena for 10 fucking minutes in training mode for the first time since Ultra first dropped. Figured out the BnB timing and took her online.

Have won 5 straight against players with real points. What a fucking sickening character this is.

Playing Elena for 10 fucking minutes in training mode for the first time since Ultra first dropped. Figured out the BnB timing and took her online.

Have won 5 straight against players with real points. What a fucking sickening character this is.

Hopefully Justin Wong is skilled enough to learn elena in time for capcom cup

Elena is why we can't combo from lights in SFV.

Joule

That's so much more work to go ahead and type down the entire directory for the library ;_;

btw, its g++ in my case since im doing C after i get a grasp of C++. Its almost like they dont want anyone coding in C++ to make their lives a living nightmare.

g++ is a part of gcc (which stands for gnu compiler collection though historically stood for gnu c compiler).

Well you can always set up the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the path of your libraries if you're just trying to do development and testing but definitely not good for a product you're trying to ship.

In the end I think you should just read up on the make utility and use makefiles to do all that stuff for you (once you set it up all you need to do is type 'make'). And then look up autotools if you're interested further on automating some of the processes involved.

Lulubop

How did you know?!

He's taking the whole eating ass meme from America to a different level... Infli pls

eating ass in no joke.

BBCF is so pretty. N that new red Valk color hnnnngh.
I was watching some 1080p BBCP, and I was amazed at how clear everything is. They must have cleaned up the models from earlier versions, because I don't remember it looking this gear.

And where the hell is more Nine gameplay? >:-(

what console? I'd like to learn the matchup against her and since you've used her for 10 minutes you've probably got her down pat

Zissou

I need a guilty gear equivalent of Juicebox's sf4 footsie explanation. Closest thing is Nage's recent (awesome) blog post, but that really only explained one specific character archetype- I need a rosetta stone to understanding the general philosophy of the neutral across all characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom