• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

I don't think adhering to strict "# characters per year" strategy will do well for the overall health of the game.

Like if we had 6 characters a year, by year 4 we'd have a game with an impenetrably large roster for new players and a fanbase that permanently has the expectation of "# new characters per year" even if it harms the health of the game overall. They need to find other monetization strategies than just characters and costumes.

Which is why I want them to integrate steam creator's workshop so badly, the model produces monetizeable products by itself and allows Capcom to free up their post launch team for more experimental projects like Dota has been able to do (stuff like implementing player guides into the game, coaching mode, custom games, proper online spectating and etc).

Of course, this would require a close relationship between Capcom, Sony, and Valve, but Sony and Valve already have a relationship via the PSN to Steam APIs they used for Portal 2, so never say never.

El Sloth

Banned
An article that's probably of interest to some of you here, linked via Dustloop:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/303/G030342/20151110074/
Thanks again for posting this, it was a really interesting read. Thought it deserved it's own thread too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186199211#post186199211

The discussion towards the end when they start throwing around ideas about possible VR games and then the question of whether they'd still be fighting games is particularly interesting. I wished the interviewer took the opportunity to ask them what they individually understood as "what is" a fighting game and "what isn't".

Although I'm happy SFV will receive regular updates, I hope Capcom can avoid an MKX situation... Meaning every new character isn't balanced and is practically always the best character in the game until they're "normalized", right around the time the next unbalanced character is released.

The video collection I found:
https://twitter.com/endofeath/status/667537722815307777
https://twitter.com/endofeath/status/667542275560308737
https://twitter.com/endofeath/status/667545228920786944
https://twitter.com/endofeath/status/667545929658974208

It's flashing "INSERT 1 COINS TO START" over Nine's lifebar.
D'oh. I guess the AI just decided to do low air, mid air, and then high air one after another to demo for us.

That cross shaped spell looks sweet!
Everything she has looks amazing. I love her massive toolset.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I had a dream where ShinMaruku account suicided by posting a huge
dick girl
pic in this thread. I need some brain bleach.

4r5

I need a guilty gear equivalent of Juicebox's sf4 footsie explanation. Closest thing is Nage's recent (awesome) blog post, but that really only explained one specific character archetype- I need a rosetta stone to understanding the general philosophy of the neutral across all characters.

How is Juicebox's footsie video not useful for Guilty Gear??

And what's this nage blog post thing?

Rhapsody

Banned
Interesting article on how to make Fighting Games, discussed by ASW and French Bread.

Pachi: In Japan we rarely use that type of classification, right? Games are referred to their maker, such as Arc games, French-Bread games, Examu games and so forth. If that's the case, wouldn't Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 also be considered an anime game?

4Gamer: Japanese people would consider UMvC3 as the Anime game, but it seems to be a borderline case and opinions are split among foreigners.
At the arcade tasty Steve mentioned on Twitter? If so, do they have a stream?
Yes and no to the latter.

Do share any Nine info you stumble across.

It feels like some people can use Nine outside of Arcade Mode. At least, it feels like gifs like these ones are from a player rather than AI; AI usually doesn't drop combos:
https://twitter.com/endofeath/status/667537722815307777
It's definitely AI.

I posted the twitter for these yesterday :/

No one looks at previous pages, even if community made this a slow paced thread.

Numb

The picture you guys have me in your heads is terrifying. I will let you know I am not as bad as you think I am. :E

giphy.gif

How is Juicebox's footsie video not useful for Guilty Gear??

And what's this nage blog post thing?

I think what he means is that footsies in GG is "different" than it is in SF. A similar thing happens to KOF beginners when they realize that walking is a secondary/tertiary form of aggression, rather than the primary one.

So what he wants, in a nutshell, is a specific explanation of how running, air-dashing, and multi-jumps should be thought of with relation to the neutral game.

They are doing the FF fighter? Interesting.

Still no one I want to play. I would get into it for Edea.
There's always Ultimecia with her Edea outfit in the PSP version. That's close enough, plus you get to use the best character in the game.
Zidane Trailer

Zidane moveset

They made this dude pure anime jeez

The Famitsu article said that Zidane can debuff people via "Steal/Mug" and buff himself in the process. Got me fiending to play it already

kirblar

Didn't they say they weren't going to do balance changes often?
Arcade Ultra had a significant balance patch when the console version hit. I would expect them to probably drop a big patch after EVO. based on that timing. (Urgent things would of course be taken care of quickly.)

El Sloth

Banned
Interesting article on how to make Fighting Games, discussed by ASW and French Bread.

No one looks at previous pages, even if community made this a slow paced thread.
I saw it! She looks pretty cool. I'm just curious how much of that stuff will be exclusive to the "boss" version. Also, you can't say that about no one looking at the previous pages after linking an article that Kikirin posted! lol

the round table was really good though.

There's always Ultimecia with her Edea outfit in the PSP version. That's close enough, plus you get to use the best character in the game.

The Famitsu article said that Zidane can debuff people via "Steal/Mug" and buff himself in the process. Got me fiending to play it already
Yeah, you've told me before. But I want her in the new one.

Yes and no to the latter.

It's definitely AI.

I usually look at previous pages, but I missed those! :p

Keep posting more! :-D

Malice215

I was watching some 1080p BBCP, and I was amazed at how clear everything is. They must have cleaned up the models from earlier versions, because I don't remember it looking this gear.

And where the hell is more Nine gameplay? >:-(

I was watching some 1080p video also. Game looks amazing. Now to wait forever for the console release.

lmfao. That ASW PC support! :/

Fighting game support on PC remains an afterthought.

I don't think adhering to strict "# characters per year" strategy will do well for the overall health of the game.

The only thing I can see hurting SFV is the game itself is trash. Keeping the game updated will keep it healthy, you can purchase characters using in game currency, and 6 characters a year for 4 years would put it less than SF4's current roster. As long as the cost for someone new to get into SFV isn't too prohibitive, it'll be fine.

shaowebb

dont you dare

God dammit ...erased using a dirty eraser and ended up putting smudges everywhere. Now Ayane-kun has some kind of foreskin tornado thing goin on down there.

Sorry Q, you're gonna have to keep dreaming for now lol ◠‿◕
You will now and forever think of all of Ayane's tag throws under the name "Foreskin Tornado" due to this post. ◔‿ ◔

Village

on... other non fetish specific related matters, or maybe more I dunno someone might be into this.

You ever avoided a fighting game character because they do nothing for you, they aren't bad its just that in a cast of visual interesting folk they are a solid ok. So i have been doing this with T hawk , and decided since I love his horror outfit, I'm going to play him. Oh god, I was wrong to avoid t hawk. He isn't my favorite grappler, but his ass just jumped like a buncha tiers.

shaowebb

It's ok, he only has to do half the work, the co-workers will take care of the rest.

LOL! So true...had to stop doing concept art on break because folks drew dicks on everything I made. And on the equipment at the plant...and the elevator...all the bathroom stalls...the steam header...the ceiling tile above the break table...half the chair seats in the control room...on the turnstile rungs...random walls...as arrows denoting flow paths near isolation valves...
on... other non fetish specific related matters, or maybe more I dunno someone might be into this.

You ever avoid a fighting game character because they do nothing for you, they aren't bad its just that in a cast of visual interesting folk they are a solid ok. So i have been doing this with T hawk , and decided since I love his horror outfit, I'm going to play him. Oh god, I was wrong to avoid t hawk. He isn't my favorite grappler, but his ass just jumped like a buncha tiers.
I felt this way about Street Fighter in general. Its fun...slower than my general liking but fun. I just don't dig the character designs much. I got big into comics and after dudes like Silvestri and Stjepan Seijic, and some other dudes plain clothes martial artist designs just kind of didn't do it for me anymore.

Speaking of tiers, spent a solid hour playing ST. Damn, I suck at Sagat. He's an oddly interesting character given how limited his toolset is, I guess it stands as a testament to the strength of the fireball as a concept. Playing fireball+dp+poke character mirrors is just a ton of fun, even if I got totally wrecked.

I felt this way about Street Fighter in general. Its fun...slower than my general liking but fun. I just don't dig the character designs much. I got big into comics and after dudes like Silvestri and Stjepan Seijic, and some other dudes plain clothes martial artist designs just kind of didn't do it for me anymore.
The artstyle alone did this to me for a while. Took me like a year to even give SF4 a go. Didnt like it afterward anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom