• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna lie, I'll spend maybe an hour or two figuring out basic answers/options/bnbs/set ups and then just start trying to do stuff at offline meet ups :p no time to waste.

The way I do it is if I can be playing, I'll be playing. If I'm at school or out or something and I have time to dig, I'll dig and save stuff I find for later. Once I'm done playing or in a situation where I can't play but can training mode, that's when I start doing stuff. Unless I find something that I really need to learn before next time I play I just start squeezing it in as I go.
I don't play online in any fighter, it seems like for a week or something if it's a game I don't know. At least a couple of days in actuality.

Anne

I don't play online in any fighter, it seems like for a week or something if it's a game I don't know. At least a couple of days in actuality.

You should try hopping in earlier! Even if you don't know a lot, you need to understand how the game is being played to help inform what you want to learn and look into :eek: only way to do that is to step in and try it for a minute.

Kumubou

It really won't. Decision making will be streets ahead for a lot of folks.
That doesn't matter -- I think nobody reasonable has any delusions of that. Narrowing that skill gap wouldn't even be all that great of an idea, honestly. Instead, what matters more is that there are more players at one's skill level, whatever that may be -- and a new game is definitely going to help with that.

You should try hopping in earlier! Even if you don't know a lot, you need to understand how the game is being played to help inform what you want to learn and look into :eek: only way to do that is to step in and try it for a minute.
Maybe I should but, nerves get me haha. Usually if I do it the day of its with friends. I'll give it a shot though.

Zissou

How is Juicebox's footsie video not useful for Guilty Gear??

And what's this nage blog post thing?

Nage wrote a blog post recently about his overall game plan with Faust in a general sense (nothing match-up specific). I found it really useful for understanding Faust and how to understand individual match-ups in terms of "what's the optimal ratio of the different options Nage outlines against character X."

I think what he means is that footsies in GG is "different" than it is in SF. A similar thing happens to KOF beginners when they realize that walking is a secondary/tertiary form of aggression, rather than the primary one.

So what he wants, in a nutshell, is a specific explanation of how running, air-dashing, and multi-jumps should be thought of with relation to the neutral game.

This.

Rotanibor

Here is some blatant advertising, but this deserves it.

All Out War 7, Japanese Vampire Savior 5v5 is LIVE! With 160 entrants this is the biggest VSAV tournament ever!

Since many people outside of Japan aren't comfortable watching streams on Nico, I've obtained permission to re-stream the event on my channel.

Re-stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ROTANIBOR
Original Nico Link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv242009218

For more details, I have all the team information up on a blogger post here: http://rotanibor.blogspot.com/2015/11/all-out-war-7-vsav-5v5.html

Tune in, this is going to have some amazing matches!

Here is some blatant advertising, but this deserves it.

All Out War 7, Japanese Vampire Savior 5v5 is LIVE! With 160 entrants this is the biggest VSAV tournament ever!

Since many people outside of Japan aren't comfortable watching streams on Nico, I've obtained permission to re-stream the event on my channel.

Re-stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ROTANIBOR
Original Nico Link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv242009218

For more details, I have all the team information up on a blogger post here: http://rotanibor.blogspot.com/2015/11/all-out-war-7-vsav-5v5.html

Tune in, this is going to have some amazing matches!
cool beans, I'll tune in

Does this make me...one of you?!

6Evundf.gif

That depends on your answer to this age-old question which doubles as your final exam:

is Mike Ross a god or a fraud?

Not a fan of raising canes. Given it plenty of chances since moving down here, hehe. Them tenders are bland. Thank god for that sauce and awesome sweet tea.

I'm at the local event and I can't play because all they have are 360's and I brought a Hori FC4...

I complimented a fight I'm watching. Dude had an Oni in the corner and he had a lot of lot of patience. I complimented him on his patience how good that fight was and they stared at me.

I'm thinking this was a mistake...

I'm at the local event and I can't play because all they have are 360's and I brought a Hori FC4...

I complimented a fight I'm watching. Dude had an Oni in the corner and he had a lot of lot of patience. I complimented him on his patience how good that fight was and they stared at me.

Not all local events/communities are created equal unfortunately.

It's like finding a good DnD group. You have to search until you find a group that you get along with. That is if you're in an area that has multiple events to choose from.

To be honest that is an awkward as fuck reaction to being told that you played well. To just stare. No "ahh, thanks" or "yeah I've been trying to keep my buttons in check" or anything? I might be too presumptuous but that's the kind of thing that would make me not want to bother playing with people if they can't even respond but it's possible those individuals might be the only ones like that. Should look around more and if there aren't any good people then bail after playing your matches if you're signed up for that.

1) Not everyone plays for the same reasons. The comment not have registered to them because the quality of play is not a motivator for them.

2) Did you say hi first? Don't be that creepy guy who plays/watches but says nothing. Make their acquaintance before you critique them.

Treasure has been showing people how to do 4-player 2D fighters since the Genesis, but no one apes their style for some reason. Capcom and ArcSys's efforts were wack.

I think 3D is a better fit for it. I remember playing 2D tag team survival matches on MUGEN and those were chaotic as hell.

What Treasure games are tag team fighting games?

It's like any other social situation. If you go into a group of friends and, if you are new, you have to warm up slowly.

This makes me wonder what going to my local scene would be like. There's not much of one in the midwest though...

Raising Cane is dope. Dine in is way better than the drive through though. Wings over also holds a place in my heart of delivery at like 3 in the morning with some god damn good chicken. Sadly there arent many wings over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom