• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I think 3D is a better fit for it. I remember playing 2D tag team survival matches on MUGEN and those were chaotic as hell.

What Treasure games are tag team fighting games?

Yu Yu Hakusho Makyo Toitsusen
Guardian Heroes
Bleach DS 1 & 2

The Bleach games are the most competitively-sound. Guardian Heroes is an utterly broken mess, but also a lot of fun. YYH is a bit too old and clunky. They're all built upon the same basic gameplay though.

The main reason why these games work is because they forgo any notion of "forward" or "backward" facing attacks. Quarter-circle-left + punch would always throw a fireball to the left, and quarter-circle-right + punch would always throw one to the right, regardless of where the other players are positioned. A block button is added so that being stuck between two opponents isn't flat-out murder, but the mix-up and movement potential is good enough to still make offense potent.

It's a lot more elegant than GG Isuka's baffling turn button, and it's not half-assed like Capcom's dramatic battle Alpha modes or whatever SFxTK had.

The Bleach games had a decent competitive scene for a while. First 3rd party DS game with online play, too. I remember playing against Marn and some other people on IRC way back when.

BadWolf

So now that in Capcom cup SF4 is sun setting. How hype are you that something else is coming in? Or are you the people who go "Man SF4 was art" Nevermind the ungodly amount of revisions.

Personally I'd like it to go because it's warped some people and a good change at this period could also make a more open core set of people.

Can't wait for SFV to take over, SFIV has had more than enough time in the spotlight.

I'm at the local event and I can't play because all they have are 360's and I brought a Hori FC4...

I complimented a fight I'm watching. Dude had an Oni in the corner and he had a lot of lot of patience. I complimented him on his patience how good that fight was and they stared at me.

I'm thinking this was a mistake...
its funny, going to my local meetup for the first time was more nerve racking than going to my first tournament. Im 26, not super old, but still made walking around a college campus awkward while trying to find the room they hold it in. Took me like 15 minutes to find it even though I parked like 6 feet away. When I got in I was just standing there looking at what was going on and like 3/4s of the room was playing GGXrd. I'm a GG fan but havent played much Xrd so i didnt want to plop in and embarrass myself. Then one guy just was asking people to play melty blood and I sad fuck it, I will play some melty blood. I had never even seen the game, though I knew what it was. Cool dude, and after that I ended up getting to play Persona with a few other guys.

These days I bring my own setup with me and plop down in training mode on BB until someone comes over to join me

Mizerman

I didn't realize there were fighting game meet ups in prison.

gimli-laughs-o.gif

I can't even remember my first fightan meetup. Might've been at an anime con, so there wasn't much need to introduce myself since real recognizes real in the fighting game area.

lol, I remember me and my friend had entered a team Naruto tournament (one of the Gamecube ones, I think it was #2 I forget), and we were warming up against the AI. Two people asked if they could play (one of them was Sky of LoL fame (which is weird saying that since I've known him as a Smash player for years, but whatever)), and we crushed them. Talking Count vs. Kimo status. Once they left, we heard the TO on the mic.

"ALRIGHT, FIRST ROUND MATCHES ARE OVER. TIME FOR ROUND 2 MATCHES."

We just look at each other feeling awful as shit because we just sent the two of them home without realizing it was a tournament match.

I entered a Naruto and Guilty Gear tournament at AKON 2004 if that counts. We pretty much did nothing but play GGXX, Smash, and Naruto while there. That Naruto GC game was the shit.

I've probably asked this of you before, but where in the midwest do you live?

dead.gif
Minnesota, the frozen tundra state...

overwatch is pretty fun

fighting a tracer as genji is some anime shit. the footsies are real in some of these matchups
From watching videos of it, just looks like another TF2 like game (with no advanced air movement like TFC)... Well I'll give it a try when it comes out, but I'd be nice to find a FPS to play again that isn't CS (because I'm sick of it) ..

I can't even remember my first fightan meetup. Might've been at an anime con, so there wasn't much need to introduce myself since real recognizes real in the fighting game area.

lol, I remember me and my friend had entered a team Naruto tournament (one of the Gamecube ones, I think it was #2 I forget), and we were warming up against the AI. Two people asked if they could play (one of them was Sky of LoL fame (which is weird saying that since I've known him as a Smash player for years, but whatever)), and we crushed them. Talking Count vs. Kimo status. Once they left, we heard the TO on the mic.

"ALRIGHT, FIRST ROUND MATCHES ARE OVER. TIME FOR ROUND 2 MATCHES."

We just look at each other feeling awful as shit because we just sent the two of them home without realizing it was a tournament match.

I entered a Naruto and Guilty Gear tournament at AKON 2004 if that counts. We pretty much did nothing but play GGXX, Smash, and Naruto while there. That Naruto GC game was the shit.
Are you guys talking about the old 2D ones? I loved those, but no one wanted to play with me. I always felt like they had some great potential.

Astarte

Yes it was. Clash of Ninja 4 never coming to America made me salty until I found some people with a copy :y
Combos were pretty fun to pull off.

El Sloth

Banned
Can you explain that joke for me? Also, still want to play some UNIEL against a scrub?
It's got some pervy stuff, the animations for supers always makes me laugh and shake my head, and a few young looking characters etc. Think one of them is 1000 year old demon or some shit. same old same old. Still impressive stuff for a thing supposedly made by just one dude.

Yeah, of course! I'm El--Sloth on psn. I'm in training mode right now.

jerry1594

All Out War 7 was great. Some incredible play, especially from Kaji, Lilith player, Shimatsuya a Jedah player and Kosho a BB player (both of which Kaji tore apart seemingly effortlessly), imo. It was great when it was the gameplay and not a ton of the world's shakiest camera work while they set up team entrances and stuff. It seems they were trying to do SBO in a big empty room with some red fabric for the red carpet, which I thought was pretty cool.

Now that was the last All Out War. Now they are holding Vampire Hunter Championships 2015, biggest Vampire Hunter tournament this year it seems, which is being streamed here: http://nico.ms/lv242816317 I know a lot of you hate Nico but the organizer himself didn't know if they were gonna stream or not until a few hours ago lol, so I guess they couldn't stream on Mikado's twitch (or more likely Hunter is too niche for them to bother trying to accommodate non-japanese)

Lol shit, literally got a Wii like yesterday to play this.

El Sloth

Banned
Sorry for the bad connection. Don't know why it was acting up.

Still, I had fun. Thanks for switching from Hilda. I had no fucking idea what to do there.
Yeah, I figured and lag Hilda is even less fun when you don't know the character. Btw my switch to Akatsuki wasn't meant as disrespect. I am trying to learn the character! I feel like playing him will help me improve my defense and patience.

Astarte

Just looked up Vanguard Princess. So it's like Arcane Heart but even less respected?

Sorry for the bad connection. Don't know why it was acting up.

Still, I had fun. Thanks for switching from Hilda. I had no fucking idea what to do there.

Please no (っ*´□`)っ

If it's possible for a game to have a respect level that's lower than negative, it's going to be Vanguard Princess. Fun, but lord.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, I figured and lag Hilda is even less fun when you don't know the character. Btw my switch to Akatsuki wasn't meant as disrespect. I am trying to learn the character! I feel like playing him will help me improve my defense and patience.

No problem. I at least felt I might actually win when fighting against him :p

Even though the connection was bad you have any comments on how I was playing?

If it's possible for a game to have a respect level that's lower than negative, it's going to be Vanguard Princess. Fun, but lord.

It's kinda funny if you think about respect levels in a scene like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom