• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

I'm ready for Rashid, Shaheen's cousin:
5amDd

NEO0MJ

Clarice is a mean vampire nun. She has big claw slashes for space control as well as dives and sort-of-teleports to get around. One of her supers is a field around her that drains life which is really useful for a character that likes to fight from a distance, as people generally won't want to stand in it.

During my short venture with the game this was my favorite character to play as.

I'm ready for Rashid, Shaheen's cousin:
5amDd

Harada should have helped him dress up. It looks like he just threw it as is from the box on top of his head.

Sayad

Its got a lot of Marvel in their with the Xfactor sorta stuff, cancels, and crazy air combos but its definitely its own thing. Especially since its got waaaaay more verticality and screen to work with. It essentially had to with homing dashes being a thing. You cover that space very rapidly though because press homing dash once and your good, but press it twice with a direction and you take off super fast and can even steer it to fake people out on approach. Do you know how hard it is to read a crossup when they are above you and do that and then zigzag left and right on the way down to keep changing sides? Fucking hard!

Shenanigans abound. You can do soooooo many dirty things in this game.
Homing dashes! I'm assuming it's a two buttons press, kinda make me want to try the game!

I imagine Destiny is like WoW right now. It managed to draw a solid core of addicts, but isn't some incredible break out hit in the AAA space.

How likely are people to buy the expansion digitally? Because NPDs might be a pretty good indicator as to how well are poorly Bungie managed to retain their hype/good will from last year.

Arabic fighter with wind elements - I am interested.

Scharlachrot, Yoriko or Clarice would probably come closest.

Scharl is the psycho endboss, she controls gigantic pieces of the screen with her chain normals and specials. She can also set up these fulcrum points, where she can then connect her chains for movement options or to set off strong explosions.
Yoriko carries a demonic staff, which basically does all the attacking without her having any say in it (Actually you can see her ineffectually trying to hold the thing back in many of her animations). The staff transforms into the full demon during one of her supers too. Her playstyle is pretty weird though, she's kinda defensive with big slow hitboxes until she can use her powerup move. After that, her specials get pretty ridiculous and she can kinda go ham with them.
Clarice is a mean vampire nun. She has big claw slashes for space control as well as dives and sort-of-teleports to get around. One of her supers is a field around her that drains life which is really useful for a character that likes to fight from a distance, as people generally won't want to stand in it.

Edit: There's tooons of characters and with the arcana system there's definitely a character for everyone playstyle-wise. Aesthetically, eh. It's a cast of pretty girls. No burly men or outright monsters, though there are monster companions and summons aplenty. Hard to predict whether that's a dealbreaker for someone.

Thanks. I'll look this up when I am not on my work computer.

shaowebb

Oh hell yeah. The Tatsunoko vs Capcom EVO 2015 showing made Shoryuken headlines finally.

Gettin' out the word. Its supposed to have a side tourney at CEOtaku but it got settled late so its gonna be the same guys just setting it up on their own because its kind of hard to setup a bunch of equipment that late without more prep time. Frosty Faustings is gearing up though for us to try and make it a bit bigger though. Plus Rotanibor does do them local streams.

Every little bit helps. Its good to know we'll get the occassional dosage of this game thanks to stuff like this. It never really had its proper amount of time to cook in the FGC.

shaowebb

Scharlachrot with plant still top tier? I remember enjoying her a lot during the short AH3 life.

Probably lol

To keep it in perpsective though they could have always burst this stuff early. Plus their are things like clashes that may or may not play against some stuff. Plus there are guard cancels , extend force cancels (xfactor cancels essentially) and all the rest of the toolset for them to play with on defense.

So many tools...

Kumubou

Part of me wants to see Ono announce a character that's far outside of everyone's expectations, just to see the salt and meltdowns.

The other part just wants to play Karin in SF5. :|

Probably lol

To keep it in perpsective though they could have always burst this stuff early. Plus their are things like clashes that may or may not play against some stuff. Plus there are guard cancels , extend force cancels (xfactor cancels essentially) and all the rest of the toolset for them to play with on defense.

So many tools...
You can't clash the plant vine or most of Scharl's chains, and guard cancels aren't terribly effective that far out in most circumstances. It's one of the things that makes her so goddamn annoying to fight. You need good movement to have a chance (offset by the fact that once you do get in, she usually explodes). I do know they nerfed both Scharl and the Plant arcana in LM, but she's still solid (if I remember correctly -- the game's tier lists are fairly compressed, although there are some characters that stand out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom